Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

No Mahram? Then Please Don’t Dine Out

Cara.   

I like JB's Mehram Rental idea. They could offer all kind of services, the least interesting and most public being chauffeuring wealthy women...

I shall say no more.

CW, the Saudi women do like the status quo; they are the most impassioned defenders of that particular bit of inequality. For every Lubna Hussain there are 10 outraged matrons casting aspersions on the virtues of any woman who would want to do anything so unladylike as to steer an internal combustion engine on rubber wheels.

Jacpher   

Well get over it sista. Boys will always be boys. The monarchy is above the law and as long as their oil is in high demand, they’ll do whatever. The reforms they’re campaigning for is nothing but qacda maqashii waxna ha u qaban. Some of the stuff they do is just out of the fold of Islam. Sometimes they treat humans a lot worst than dirt. I’m not here advocating for dining out without Maxram. That’s a religious matter that needs to be addressed by experts who are aware of the current situation. KSA violates the most basic human needs so to hold them to a higher standard is not realistic. Generally Somali women don’t go through the crap women are faced in KSA. Some of the stuff is just so disgusting and no one with a rational mind would do, like deporting a women and leaving her newborn baby stranded with the neighbors. If you’re dealing with such backward mentality, dining out and driving a car be seen as luxury. Following Islam accordingly would indeed get them to the light.

Castro warkiis waxbaa ka jira. May be women is KSA don’t know any other ways so this must be the right way. And why do women generally fall for bad boys?

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Curling Waterfall:

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^^ You mean like Somali women evolved from eating
hambo
in the past to clearing the stuff remaining in the pot now?

Yes. And Also calling 911 on Faarax's sorry behind. Or better still, beating the crap out of him if he gets out of line. Best of all, having him clear the stuff and clean it...
while you dine out with ur girlies
;)
Do such things take place in the streets of Kismayo or was it Borama?

On a serious note, and as others have already mentioned, though the plight of the Saudi women is heartbreaking and tear inducing, our poor sisters in that part of the world do suffer in luxury.

Still, changes are being made. Maybe they’re not being made fast enough but they are being made. An example of such a change is this article in itself. Not long ago, no self respecting news editor would have published such a petulant article. In fact, even now, I bet it was still grudgingly printed.

Many people would ascribe these coming changes to American pressures, Zionist conspiracies and some other similar nonsense. However, the real and very obvious reason for such changes is our beloved Internet and the communication revolution. Now, the girls of Saudi Arabia can literally see their counterparts in Dubai, Kuwait and Cairo moving about freely, dressing in whatever way they desire and driving their own cars. Now, Saudi girls observe the love affairs on the net, are exposed to an infinite number of Saudi atheists and get to access proxy websites with photo-shopped images of Nancy Ajram or Haifa Wahbi (both Lebanese singers, very glamorous singers might I add). They are demanding changes, CW. However, right now, it’s subtle murmur rather than a deafening din. Still, it is being heard loud and clear and the number of articles, cases and subtle changes taking place in the Kingdom is testament to that.

Incidentally, and I have no idea if this actually exists in Saudi Arabia but, how do Saudi women get round this Moharam issue if they own mobile phones?

Three way conference calls?

PS

Do YOU own a mobile phone (not you CW)?

Baluug   

Originally posted by Curling Waterfall:

]Yes. And Also calling 911 on Faarax's sorry behind. Or better still, beating the crap out of him if he gets out of line. Best of all, having him clear the stuff and clean it...
while you dine out with ur girlies
;)
[/QB]

I heard a story about a guy in Somalia who cheated on his wife. When his wife found out, she poured scalding hot xalwo all over his little soldier and the surrounding area when he was sleeping!! Apparently, she used xalwo because of it's napalm-like property of being very sticky and hard to get off when you're being burned. Did anyone else hear that story and if so, do you know if it's true?

Castro   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

PS Do YOU own a mobile phone (not you CW)?

I'd think mobile conversations shouldn't need a Moharam. There's virtually no chance of physical contact (during the conversation). When Xalimo dashes for the door after the phone call is when a Moharam is necessary. No?

Do Somalis know about this Moharam business? It doesn't seem like it's such a big deal for us.

Originally posted by liibaan:

I heard a story about a guy in Somalia who cheated on his wife. When his wife found out, she poured scalding hot xalwo all over his little soldier and the surrounding area when he was sleeping!!

Xalwa in bed. What a woman.

Foxy   

Cawo iyo baritaba kan iyo kaasi waa xaraan iyo waa bila muxran un baa lugu jiri, while the world moves on.......One wonders whats next on the agenda,

Peopl who believe in woman shouldnt move an inch with out what have U ( muxran) might need a reality check) dee waa bilaa muxran and crab.....

cheers

Foxy   

^^ and I suppose You r going/willing to be a happy spectator! is that so Mr Castro. or U just Happen to be there in the right time with ur never ending Wisdom!

walee inaad rageedi tahay Castro

cheers

Castro   

^ I just wanted to give you a heads up on the muharam thing. It's actually legit, though as Somalis we don't practice it much. I'd never be a spectator when you're involved. I'll watch over you from a distance and then fire indiscriminately into the crowd if you need me to. :D

I'm afraid to wonder what this means. :eek:

Foxy   

^^^^

I insist we shall ask Rowda what that might mean in somali.....lols

cheers

Originally posted by Foxy:

Cawo iyo baritaba kan iyo kaasi waa xaraan iyo waa bila muxran un baa lugu jiri,

.... dee waa bilaa muxran and crab.....

cheers

Though this article addresses a genuine concern, yours, I am afraid, is a reflection of your unreceptive attitude toward the whole concept of Mahram. Mahram is not a crap, dear Foxy, and not withstanding its misuse in the Middle East (or other places), it is Islamic in its nature. Its abuse in a certain societies does not devalue or make it unsuitable to our age.

It is perfectly debatable about the purpose behind it and if it literally applies as it did in the days of the prophet. But it is the emission of your misinformed thought that I did not like.

Kuuma bogin (As if you care :D ), my dear sister.

Foxy   

^^^ Lols are U for real Mate!

Kuuma bogin (As if you care [big Grin] ), my dear sister.

Bal yar Sug...Kuuma bogin>>>> Meaning somehtin Like kamaan halin waxaad ku hadleysid soo mahaa dee.....Inabti /Inadeer News Flash I couldnt Care less, laakin I was brought Up to respect others opninions soo maad garan Inaabti/walaal...

Soo buur iskala dhac mise dee manaa garan Xabadi kaama hadhow....lol I meant it in a good way, dee waan kula kaftamayey

:D:D:D

Cheers

mate U r way to consevative, chill out for a bit, then again I wouldnt wanna Know U seriously

Correct me if I'm wrong Xiin, but doesnt the Mahram issue refer to travelling over long distances? Specially if security issues are concerned? Not going to dinner, work, shopping or going about your daily business.

Foxy sis, you're entitled to ur opinions..however referring to an islamic directive as crap... isnt exercising that right. I think X was giving you advice on how to go about addressing your point without offending the religious sensibilities of the readers. :D