Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

No Mahram? Then Please Don’t Dine Out

Modesty   

You guys need to stop making fun of Islam!! Islam isn't a religion to joke with, laugh about other things, but don't laugh about the commandments of Allah. Let's get knowledge of our deen, because AlOT OF PEOPLE don't know squat. This somali girl said..."We are God's children"(astaughfirullah!!)...and can you imagine muslims saying that..subhan'Allah..May Allah guide us kulli ameen.

I think it's sad that Saudi Arabia is so backawards. I mean, they control two of our holiest cities, and claim to practice restrictions that didn't even exist in the Prophet's (PBUH) time.

It's a damn shame, really!

Pi   

I think a read a news artilce online sometime last year, and it was about a fatwa enjoining woman to have a "mahram" when the use the internet. So, women can't have their own section in the internet cafes, rather they have to "rent" a computer in a special room in those cafes, and they still have to have a mahram with them when they use it. You never know what these women can do with a harmless machine like a computer. They can wreak societal havoc.

To much knowledge and lack of knowledge can be harmful.

Its a shame to see how men can claim this is what a woman should do when its demeaning but if its a right to emancipate her they dont force her to follow it. Pathetic, yuck.

juba   

anyone ever think of the poor saudi women? All saudi women are not rich.

I just wanted to remind u guys that its not only an arab thing but in Pakistan, Affghanistan, and Iran. This means that tyrannical and oppresive muslim men is not a KSA phenomena but a serious problem in the Umma today.

The question is are we as muslims going to stand back and let our religion be innovated and corrupted?

I think the larger point in question is why do people feel they have to "protect" females far more than males? Example, why is it a guy can drive and girl can't? Why does a women need a mahram to take her everywhere?

Let's take the case of the women needing a man to watch over her while she's on the Internet. Is a women unable to make the right choice?