Sign in to follow this  
Foxy

Habits that put You in control

Foxy   

Hey there Ladies

We all would like to adopt wonderful habits and ways to reduce anxiety, agitation and stress and promote relaxation, calm and peace within ourselves. most techniques known around take practice, and most require some commitment on your part to achieve results. However, the results are well worth any effort, as a calm and relaxed body and mind are less prone to health issues than an agitated body and

mind.

Building a delightful daily habits' into our lives would an added bonus with our ongoing daily struggles from dawn to dusk, which in turn would give you a buzz,recharges you and places you in the now"

For most, it might a walk in a near by park/garden, or may be a relaxing bath everyday after work/UNi/school or may be reading a book or may be tunning on to your Favourite show on TV( even though that is far from relaxing)..

Bottom line is, Taking time just for You and putting yourself first is something many women have trouble doing, but when you do you are perfecting the moment. We have no control of the past or future, but we can control the here and now. This is where we have choices.....

So what are the valuable habits that You are using in an effort to control stressfull life and managing a busy life?.........Let the sharing began.....

As for me exercise is my one method of reducing stress and promoting relaxation that comes handy. Offcourse there are others but not all managable due to time contrains, Even though a friend of mine is insisting I Embrace Yoga since its beneficial for the nervous system, promoting deep relaxation and reduction of stress, I doubt I would be trying it in the near future...

PS: adopting definte relaxing habits frees you up to be creative and spontaneous in other areas of live

:D

cheers

Goonle   

Lexy

Id put in my two cents on effective stress relief but ill wait till after ramadan, might not be appropriate till then.

Wow! You are an energetic one. Well, its nice to know that all of us aren't lay abouts. I on the other hand am suffering from post holloween disorder. Every class i attended today had a mound of candy on the professors desks (left overs from trick o treating). Lets see..hmmm I've had

1. One king size butterfinger

2. One pack of sour gummy worms (YUM YUM)

3. A pack of mini butterfingers

4. A pack of gummy bears. Not to be confused with the worms...they are entirely different.

5. A pack of fish worms. Again, they are totally different since they are cute little fishys instead of bears

6. A cup of coffe (Mild roast, less potent than my usual dark)

7. And FINALLY a pack of gum (juicy fruit to be exact)

Now before you gasp in horror...miss "im so fit and high off endorphins:...i did have a smoothie which was made with real berrys and as im sure you know, they are chalk full of antioxidants. So I think today wasn't such a bad day. Oh and by the way...im not fat...im just bloated in some areas...i like to think they are the right ones..but thats for the beholders to decide. What i need from you is a good way to detox myself of all cancer causing subsitutes and red dye # 5 i injested today...and have been for the last month. Dont be too harsh on me im getting over a break up BOO HOO.

Foxy   

^^^

Now before you gasp in horror...miss "im so fit and high off endorphins:... .... :D:D I see You have already labelled me :D

What i need from you is a good way to detox myself of all cancer causing subsitutes and red dye # 5 i injested today...and have been for the last month. ...lols I see U have a thing or 2 for sweet snacks..

Here is a thing or two I know about Detox dear..

If its your first time trying a detox, it is best to start with a gentle cleanse. Unfortunately most people think of detox as withdrawal from substance abuse (like alcohol and any form of Class A drugs), but actually it is much more.

Detoxing can target the different organ systems involved in detoxification: the skin, liver, kidneys, bowel health etc. Which inturn leads to improved energy and vitality in unsuring your digestive system is functioning at its best and stays healthy, hence encouraging you to make changes on a long-term basis to ones diet.

The simplest detox that I know of personally is taking a 360 degree turn away from your normal daily diet, meaning quiting or going cold turkey on all junk food for atleast 2 weeks. No more eating meat(red or white) ,candys or drinking coffee, processed foods, animal products and sugar...etc

While embracing the fact that You will be living on vegetables and fruits, herbal dietary supplement( there are tons on the market, but ones that are "Detox & Cleanse" seem to be a good pick) while drinking atleast 2 litres of water, As water is an important component of any cleansing programme.

Plus exercise plan to help you sweat those bad toxins out of your skin in the process of detoxing........would over all give Your body a Thumbs up excellent detoxification

Its not an easy task .....I hope that helps

Good luck

PS They say "Detoxing for women is benefitial if done 1 to 3 times a year for general health improvement and prevention from harmfull toxins.

cheers

Nephissa   

^ Exercise baad ku khafiiftay! :D

My RL duvet, and the cozy warm pillows are my stress relief weapon. Oh and my bed buddy, Mr.Bishaar, the bear.

Xafsa   

^^^^^^ I know!She makes me feel bad!!! I take a 20 min walk and I feel like i've run a damn marathon!

I did that Detox thing and I lost 10lb in 7days. That was all probably water but I felt so light and clean. I´´m gonna try it again sometime soon insha alaah not to lose weight but to just take a break form canjeero and basto.

Nazra   

Foxy, you exercise too much...what motivates you???

I like burning oils when i am stressed out, and also surrounding myself with positive people who believe in me. I like all oils but lavender is the best.

One of my classmates has given me an amethyst gemstone, which lies in my room; I need to wear it often.

Gold is good for our health and wellbeing (I can't remember the title of the Islamic book i read this from) but good reason for me to stock up on dhahab :D

^^^^ Does anyone know about this????

hodman   

That detox thing sounds intresting how do you do it apart from going cold turkey from all that you like if you're a first timer?Losing a little weight on the side too sounds intresting aside from the health benefits.

As for relaxation techniques I found that stretching really works for me,to give me an instant boost.

My no.1 method of really unwinding though is writing especially poetry even though that sounds like stress in itself to most people.

Foxy   

^ Exercise baad ku khafiiftay!

lols I wish that was the case dear!

Infact I see folks that comfort themselves in rushing around, constantly being late or in a panic. It seems to give them a sense of self worth and makes them feel important/indispensable or what have you!

Its like a badge of honour, but the point I was trying to make was, self worth really needs to come from within, not from external things, therefore needing a time for You and Only You without external factors controlling it.

You see when You remove the cluther from your life, your gain an inner sense of peace, more choices and you feel in control of your life rather than it controlling you! Therefore, its worthwhile finding a thing or two that makes U unwind let it me poetry writting, being under the Duvet, muching away those sweet treats or being it burning that stressfull day via exercise the list is endless to name the few, if it were up to me I would be going for daily full body massages. which inturn helps U being able to respond to life rather than being just being reactive.

cheers