Sign in to follow this  
-Nomadique-

Does anyone know Is Anelka muslim?

I read somewhere that Kanoute and Anelka were muslims and had visited a London Islamic school.

Is their truth to this?, this is probably a really old rumour but its been such along time since ive watched any football that ive only been catchin up with all the chit chat now.

http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/news/news.php?article=7481 here is an article with more info although he did say the rumours of him leaving were false.

mashallah! thanks for the response Northerner this was one of those q's i really wanted answered.

which leads to anotha q . I wonder if they are fastin? ive heard of other muslim athletes such as Hakeem Olajowan, Hicham El Gerrouj and Shariif Abdul Rahim do (or have in the case of Olajowan) which is really inspiring.

Mashallah to all of them.

N.O.R.F   

Well i know Freddie Kanoute last season played only the 1st half of the saturday afternoon games for Tottenham, he was substituted at half time so he could eat, he maintained a high level of performance during those games.

Cant say if they are fasting on Saturdays as kick off is at 3pm, but they will be during other days, ie training is between 10am and 2pm, and midweek games are usually 7.45pm kick offs. Nevertheless they can always make up those lost days.

IL CAPO   

I have known this for a while, in fact I heard it while Anelka was still at Liverpool and about Kanoute I was told by a friend of mine who happens to be a Hammers fan but then again I heard it on Sky sports news when he was due to play African Cup of Nations in Tunisia.

I don't want to jump on a wrong conclusion and falsely accuse some one that i don't really know,but I really really doubt if El Hadji Diouf fasts because the guy behaves like he is lunatic, always swearing at referees and those defenders that he can't get past but I think his fellow Senegalese at Fulham Papa Bouba Diop fasts and if you watched their last game against Newcastle, you could see that he was weak and they were getting past him like he wasn't even there.

but you can play while fasting it's not a big deal because I do and yes I do play tough matches against and with non-Muslims but of course you wont perform at the same way and level you would when you are not fasting.

Peace.

Bachelor   

but I really really doubt if El Hadji Diouf fasts because the guy behaves like he is lunatic,

ILKA, lets the doubt be rest once and for all. SXB i have seen El Hadji doing the crossing thing (touching the forehead and both side of the shoulder) not once but twice. When he was playing for L/pool. :eek: I dont think he is that good player though honestly, he deosnt carry himself professionally.

I remember when Shariif Abdul Rahim were playing for neigbouring college at UC Barkeley during the ramadan. The coach would prefare raod game since his main guy wont obligated to fast. When he was asked about Shariif Abdul Rahim manage to fast and preform in such a great talent he said "AMAZING!!I couldnt even coach without drinking almost a gallon of water, let alone to play for 48 min." . Also there is one NBA player who played for my school(NCAA)Tariq Abdul Wahid. Orginally from France i guess.

Viking   

I read an article about a goalie who played briefly for Arsenal called Rami Shaaban, he said regarding fasting... "I spoke to Kolo Toure about that because he is a Muslim too. He said that the day before and the day we have a game we eat but after Ramadan we will fast more days."

Originally posted by Bachelor:

I dont think he is that good player though honestly, he deosnt carry himself professionally.

I watched Bolton's last couple of matches and Diouf was by far the best player on the pitch. He worked tirelessly and played like the guy we saw in the Korea/Japan world cup. He acts like a brat but is a very good player. I think in Bolton he has found a stern coach and an experienced group that can help him mature somewhat.

IL CAPO   

lets the doubt be rest once and for all. SXB i have seen El Hadji doing the crossing thing (touching the forehead and both side of the shoulder) not once but twice. When he was playing for L/pool. :eek

Bachka,

he is Muslim, i have read few interviews where he was explaining who's the man on the white T-shirt that he always wears under his jersey and he said his name is Sheikh Ahmed Bamba,the man who brought

Islam to Senegal and he said if you are his follower (the Sheikh) you have to perform Salat 5 times a day and recite the holy Qur'an.

so the guy is Muslim but unfortunately only by name I would think and not by action as he is known to be a party animal and passionately in love with the bottle just like many Somalis that i know.

Peace.

[/i]. Also there is one NBA player who played for my school(NCAA)Tariq Abdul Wahid. . [/QB]

Yo Bachela u went to college wit Tariq Abdul Wahid

how old r u bro??? jus wonderin

Bachelor   

IL Capo, i dont know about that and i have never read anything on that mater whereas, when i saw him ding that little crossing thing i was shocked :eek: Since then i came to conclusion that is not Muslim. Probably i could be wrong.

Yo Bachela u went to college wit Tariq Abdul Wahid. how old r u bro??? jus wonderin

I could say None of your business!! but again, it is rude. The biggest problem of good discussion is when you dont stick with the subject. My question to you is, when did i say i went to college with Tariq? :rolleyes: Anyways, to squash your "wondering curiousity", My elder sister celebrates her 22th birthday every year and I am stuck at 21. ;) go figure as wiilo says

Salamu Alikum

As we Know there are more Muslim Proffisional Soccer players and if we count them they are :

Nuruldin Naybet : Muslim From Marocco

Kolo Toure : Muslim From Ivory Coast

Fredrik Kanoute : Muslim From Mali

Nicolas Anelka : Islam and Muslim R8 Now.

i've some pics shows you that anelka is muslim and we took it... :D when he visited Emirates at Al Al-Nasr F.Club and hyr they are:

IMG_0004_jpg.jpg

IMG_0008_jpg.jpg

IMG_0014_jpg.jpg

IMG_0036_jpg.jpg

Iam Afraid to say i'll support Man City :D

We Also have Muslims in Primera Liga like

Racing Santander's Tunisian international midfielder Medhi Nafti, and More...