Sign in to follow this  
Guhaad

Ever been Loved this Bad

Guhaad   

in the midst of many things, few importnat things are disregarded. and love is one of them. :D

A job I worked at taught me more than i could bear. As usual, I would go there and do my job as required. our department had about two Somali girls, two boys, and the rest were Americans. I trained with a somali sister at my station. I got to know her a bit. i wasn't interested, but my intention was to get to know her just about enough so that we can have something to talk about every other day we meet. somehow, as we worked more with each other, she wanted to take the converstation more than it warranted. to continue and take it to another level. as i am, i called for calmness and diligency. the sister started bringing special food for our lunch, some beautiful writings and comments scribbled with my name, small presents and gifts, and so on. she always talked about me, well guys i am not idle, i did as much as the sister on my part (though i am bit busier than normal :D ). it is not that the sister was not my type, it was just that time of the year, that you are not ready to commit to someone, you are already having fun as you are.

at a young age, i have learned, that if a girl is constanly after you, retelling your story, have you in her mind, and supports the good and the bad you do, they said it is no longer called love, but a level that is above it. obviously, this girl was on that level; i don't know how she climbed that high or who helped her. some nights the sister agitated me by diving into a dark sea of troubles and serious topics, our closest hope was them fishes, and we couldn't even see them. other nights, she whined too much, reminding me of that now famous line, 'call the cops when you see Tupac' :D inside, i felt like she wanted to know more of me, that though i felt like everyone else, that she saw something special about me in how i talk, dress, and interact with people, and so on. to be honest, i like her as much, mystified and interested, though much apart as we might be (yep, yep, that is my chik). I always believed that age and distance are enemies of love, they are two great forces that can either bond or break hearts and end relationships. i felt she always whined cause she lost touch with nature. that she needed someone to calm her, to talk to her after a long day of work (oops we work in the same place). someone oo u salaaxo her in the back, look directly through her eyes, and say 'you know what, today was a great day, you did it'. to cease her worries and discuss her concerns intimately, deeply, and friendly. someone to assure her life is not only about troubles and struggles, but can also be costumized to be fun and challenging.

one day my phone rang, i picked it up, it was one of my trusted friends on the other line;

'ahlan bik'

-ahlan

'arin baa iga guuxeysa, meel aan u dhigana garan mayo'

-haye

'qof baa igu waalan rabtee maxaan sameeyaa'

-adigu ma ka heshaa

'allaa og'

-makaa sheekeysaa

'ma sheekaa mise shaleyto' :D

-ma ku taageertaa

'taageero bas maa hane waxaa kaaga daran talada iyo waanada isdaba qiiqaya, in ey qaar u dhintaa baaba hadeer laga cabsi qabaa' :D

-suuradeeda ma ku qanacday

'baabu-towba koley waa maftuux, laakiin ma labis muuqaal fiicna, waa arin laga talin karo' :D

-ma isku darajaad tihiin

'allaa og, laakiinse da'du waa cadow, hadii ey taasi nakala saarin, waa la faayin'

-maxaad ka taqaanaa shaqsiyaadkeeda

'in ey kulushahay baan u maleyn, fudeyd ku jiro, fikri badan oo qalaad ey xambaarsantahay, jahwareer maadi ah ku jiro... laakiinse taas waa laga sal gaari karaa'

-kaalay adigu wax walba ma xal baad u heysaa

'wixii aan da' aheyn' :D

-mar walba ma ajiibtaa

'maya'

-maxaa dhacay

'marna waa i dhaafaan, marna mashquul baan ahay'

-maxaad ku amaani kartaa

'karti iyo geesinimo, dareen iyo wadaniyad, xilkasnimo iyo aqoon'

-waxa kuugu daran oo kaaga imaan kara waa maxay

'in arinteenu saameyso shaqada iyo shaqaalaha' :D

guhad this case is too difficult for me! i will suggest to get hold of dr phil!!

i usually get hold of xalimoos on the rebound!! lool... and i never worked or went to school or live close by a xalimoos!! so good luck homie!!

:confused:

Nephissa   

L00L @ phone convo. What's the age difference? The last thing you need is to have a relationship with this girl, have it go awry and then what? You're stuck with her everyday all day. How comfortable, NOT! :D

Xoogsade   

:D:D:D

Guhaad,

May be this story of yours came to an end and the girl is no more, but this is an opportunity you can't pass up.

Gabar kugu waalatay wax ka fiican ma leh.

nuune   

^^^^ usheeg markaasoo kale da' lama daneeyo dareenka lee la daryeelaa Ilaahoow mey duf iyo dhogor ku lahaato duudka smile.gif

Arawella   

Guhaad, please translate your telephone conversation. Honestly it has nothing to do with laziness but the wording is mighty confusing. smile.gif

Gracias

Guhaad   

^i apologize for writing it that way. its regional variation. have you seen how smooth and great MMA and others write. mine is like walking through the forest. the words are also kinda short, making it even harder. Arewello, here is the thing, I know there are nomads who can do the translation better than I, i will give them the chance to do (any volunteers, Xiinfiniin and Xoogsade, MMA are great ones smile.gif ). if no one will, i will try my best. i chose somali cuz if i did it the other way it was gonna take some time.

Rudy, what is Dr. Phil's number? somebody is got to do it, represent Somalia :D

Tyjwania and Xoogsade, the girl was not very old. but you know how age is with our people. girls go for the old, boys for the opposite. it is that hebel ku dhali karaa ku dhiqi kara, ku daryeeli karoo, kaa masuul noqon kara culture. if this last statement is correct, it would have been impossible for me, with my age, to care for someone who is already assigned to care for me instead. hadii eydan igula talineyn maxaad iska biya-biyeysan weyd markaad xalaashatid ka bacdi, meesha gabar-yar ma joogin, shan farood baa noo dhaxeysay, intaasna waa inta laga tasbiixsado :D

qofta was an amazing gal, you couldn't tell how old she was unless you really looked at her or talked with her about it. our ending was not the best. she had expected so much and i had so little to offer. age :mad:

^^^^ Man..I dont gettit!..this whole story is too damn confusin..somethang aint right!..

Jilci warka waa isku dhex yaacisay?

let me try to break it down:

I wasn't interested, .......i called for calmness and diligency.

^^^ ok..a girl who you are not interested but likes you..I gettit..but then you are the one calling for calmness and diligency? and you are the younger fella with fun in his mind... are you sure it is not the other way round? that is she is young and you are the older?

the sister started bringing special food for our lunch, some beautiful writings and comments scribbled with my name, small presents and gifts, and so on. she always talked about me, well guys i am not idle, i did as much as the sister on my part (though i am bit busier than normal).

What is going on here? i dont understand she is tryin to bribe you here..and apparently she talks about you...and how do you know she talks about you? to the other staff members? something is fishy here...we need more details here...moreover you are leading her on? is this where you omitted "am begining to like her too" :D

it is not that the sister was not my type,

ok..now we know she is your type..hence the omitted comment...

it was just that time of the year, that you are not ready to commit to someone, you are already having fun as you are.

Time of the year?...what is goin on here? pregnancy? is there something you are not telling us?....aaah..it is the fun part....

at a young age, i have learned,

..ok...here you are either the older one in the story or have alot of experience for a young fella! :D

that if a girl is constanly after you, retelling your story, have you in her mind, and supports the good and the bad you do, they said it is no longer called love, but a level that is above it.

..ok...there is something above love that is kinda of love..just a higher level...do we have proof for this? who said it, BTW?

obviously, this girl was on that level; i don't know how she climbed that high or who helped her.

dude..you helped her to climb high..but i dont know to which level!

some nights the sister agitated me by diving into a dark sea of troubles and serious topics, our closest hope was them fishes, and we couldn't even see them.

what has fish to do with you two? ..i dont get it..

other nights, she whined too much, reminding me of that now famous line, 'call the cops when you see Tupac' inside, i felt like she wanted to know more of me, that though i felt like everyone else, that she saw something special about me in how i talk, dress, and interact with people, and so on.

...ok..this is quite confusing unless i am missing something here..her whining was becuz she wanted to know more of you? she is either talking shit..or u didnt like the q's...

to be honest, i like her as much, mystified and interested,

...aaah the omitted comment...how did I miss this..silly me..honestly..

though much apart as we might be (yep, yep, that is my chik). I always believed that age and distance are enemies of love, they are two great forces that can either bond or break hearts and end relationships.

..ok I agree with the distance but i am not sure of the age...again i thought "ignorance was the enemy of love?"...ooh well...

i felt she always whined cause she lost touch with nature.

..ok..back to the whining...

Ok..now i am tired..can't go on analysing this story...

but can also be costumized to be fun and challenging.

Sorry..couldn't let this comment pass by...with this comment I think you were her supervisor...he he he customization iyo challenging hadday sheekada gaartay... :D

As for the Somali conversation...heheheh..very funny :D ..Anyways..I am under the influence of painkillers...so dont mind me...

Cheers

Look man if you want short relationship go for it if not give it up

Because when two people work together the relationship never works.

When you’re training someone she be saying “why where you too close to her or why were you laughing with herâ€

:mad:

-Lily-   

^^^LOL

what a confusing story, I'm none the less wiser.

Listen Guhaad, you either like the woman, in that case you go rightly about it. Or you don't and you let the sister know it's purely professional, with not so many words.

As if life isn't complicated enough. You have to break the rules at times to be happy.

Guhaad   

To Arawella and the others who haven't mastered the somali language yet. i have used the conventional method of translating, which i hope is not to translate word by word but by the content of the message. :D

'ahlan bik' [practice makes perfect] :D

-ahlan

'arin baa iga guuxeysa, meel aan u dhigana garan mayo'

[i have been thinking about something i can't find solution for]

-haye

[ok]

'qof baa igu waalan rabtee maxaan sameeyaa'

[a woman is crazy about me, what should i do]

-adigu ma ka heshaa

[do you like her]

'allaa og'

[allah knows]

-makaa sheekeysaa

[does she talk about you]

'ma sheekaa mise shaleyto'

[she not only talks about me but..'shaleyto' xaraf ingriis ah baaban u waayay, saamax] :D

-ma ku taageertaa

[does she support you]

'taageero bas maa hane waxaa kaaga daran talada iyo waanada isdaba qiiqaya, in ey qaar u dhintaa baaba hadeer laga cabsi qabaa'

[not only does she support me, but her offering of constant advice i am afraid is so redundant/loud that some might die of it]

-suuradeeda ma ku qanacday

[do you like how she looks]

'baabu-towba koley waa maftuux, laakiin ma labis muuqaal fiicna, waa arin laga talin karo'

[the door of repentance is open, even that said, she does not dress well, but i can discuss that with her]

-ma isku darajaad tihiin

[are you on the same level]

'allaa og, laakiinse da'du waa cadow, hadii ey taasi nakala saarin, waa la faayin'

[Allah knows, you know age is enemy, if that is not the issue, than we should be fine]

-maxaad ka taqaanaa shaqsiyaadkeeda

[what do you know of her personality]

'in ey kulushahay baan u maleyn, fudeyd ku jiro, fikri badan oo qalaad ey xambaarsantahay, jahwareer maadi ah ku jiro... laakiinse taas waa laga sal gaari karaa'

[i think she is tempered, light-headed, opinionated, and little bit confused...but even that, we can find a solution]

-kaalay adigu wax walba ma xal baad u heysaa [let ma ask, do you have solution for everything]

'wixii aan da' aheyn'

[unless it is age] :D

-mar walba ma ajiibtaa

[do you answer her all the time]

'maya'

[no]

-maxaa dhacay

[why]

'marna waa i dhaafaan, marna mashquul baan ahay' [at times i miss what she is saying, others, i am busy]

-maxaad ku amaani kartaa

[any compliments]

'karti iyo geesinimo, dareen iyo wadaniyad, xilkasnimo iyo aqoon'

[she is strong, nationalist, smart, and responsible] safkaan wixii aan ka tagay ama aan soo gaabiyey, saamax :D

-waxa kuugu daran oo kaaga imaan kara waa maxay [any fears]

'in arinteenu saameyso shaqada iyo shaqaalaha' [our dealings to pass on to the work and workers] :D

Guhaad   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

^^^^ Man..I dont gettit!..this whole story is too damn confusin..somethang aint right!..

Zu, i am just gonna pick you here, since you epitomize a wide spread confusion about the content of this love connection. I hope by doing this, it sheds light on many of the different parts of the story that some might find confusing. i just don't see what is so perplexing about it. and here is why.

Jilci warka waa isku dhex yaacisay?

the story is only as confusing as jacayl, if jacayl wasn't as complex, it would have been as stright forward as some of the commentaries in the daily news section, sports, etc.

I wasn't interested, .......i called for calmness and diligency.

^^^ ok..a girl who you are not interested but likes you..I gettit..but then you are the one calling for calmness and diligency? and you are the younger fella with fun in his mind... are you sure it is not the other way round? that is she is young and you are the older?

adeer don't get it twisted. that is the whole point, the older women loves the young fella. what, you never seen a young fella who is calm and restrained or calls for one or the other. i guess you are making that link between youth and fun as you would for old with responsibility. a valid point. but remember, just because something is common doesn't mean it is present in everything or everyone. My intention was not to dig up the sister, rush her to my home afterwards, and to exploiate her innocence.

the sister started bringing special food for our lunch, some beautiful writings and comments scribbled with my name, small presents and gifts, and so on. she always talked about me, well guys i am not idle, i did as much as the sister on my part (though i am bit busier than normal).

What is going on here? i dont understand she is tryin to bribe you here..
and apparently she talks about you...and how do you know she talks about you?
to the other staff members? something is fishy here...we need more details here...moreover you are leading her on? is this where you omitted
"am begining to like her too"
:D

which part of 'she always talked about me' don't you get, the 'she' or the 'me'. okay, she talked about me in front of me. is that enough evidence Mr. Zu :D plus, i only edit, not omit

it is not that the sister was not my type,

ok..now we know she is your type..hence the omitted comment...

nope, you don't, cuz nothing was omitted :D

it was just that time of the year, that you are not ready to commit to someone, you are already having fun as you are.

Time of the year?...what is goin on here? pregnancy? is there something you are not telling us?....aaah..it is the fun part....

your painkiller comment at the end sure shines on this one cuz you are not only reading it upside down, but seems like you are reading two things at the same time. concentrate :D

at a young age, i have learned,

..ok...here you are either the older one in the story or have alot of experience for a young fella!
:D

if we can flip this into a question, the latter is the answer

that if a girl is constanly after you, retelling your story, have you in her mind, and supports the good and the bad you do, they said it is no longer called love, but a level that is above it.

..ok...there is something above love that is kinda of love..just a higher level...do we have proof for this?
who said it, BTW?

common sense said so, for real, no one famous i persume. Zu you are just looking for names :D

obviously, this girl was on that level; i don't know how she climbed that high or who helped her.

dude..you helped her to climb high..but i dont know to which level!

Buahahahaha

some nights the sister agitated me by diving into a dark sea of troubles and serious topics, our closest hope was them fishes, and we couldn't even see them.

what has fish to do with you two? ..i dont get it..

a valid point. your asking me why the tires of a car are black here. fish has nothing to do with us as much as 'diving into a dark sea' doesn't. it is an allegorical depiction of reality that describes that hope is no longer foreseable. nor traceable.

other nights, she whined too much, reminding me of that now famous line, 'call the cops when you see Tupac' inside, i felt like she wanted to know more of me, that though i felt like everyone else, that she saw something special about me in how i talk, dress, and interact with people, and so on.

...ok..this is quite confusing unless i am missing something here.. her whining was becuz she wanted to know more of you?
she is either talking shit..
or u didnt like the q's...

Buhahahaa, Zu that was funny. i don't know man, have you ever been with someone that just talks, talks, and continues to talk endlessly, 'shit' isn't a bad word to describe that phenomena.

to be honest, i like her as much, mystified and interested,

...aaah the omitted comment...how did I miss this..silly me..honestly..

you are getting there. you probably didn't finish the story in the first place. hahaha. but remember, here i didn't say i loved her as much, i only said i was interested enough to know her so that we can have something to talk about.

though much apart as we might be (yep, yep, that is my chik). I always believed that age and distance are enemies of love, they are two great forces that can either bond or break hearts and end relationships.

..ok I agree with the distance but i am not sure of the age...again i thought "ignorance was the enemy of love?"...ooh well...

adeer, i was talking about my story, not shakespeare. :D age was the problem in the relationship. i mean that is what broke the camel's back. from a cultural prespective and traditional sources, one can only be cared for one who is older than them. not the opposite.

i hope this ends the confusion. thanks Zu for bringing the pain :D