Sign in to follow this  
oz_girl

My fear of men---- *women only*

Oz   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

How could I admire you when I still think you're a man?
:P

Adiga kaaley, gabadha xaa karabtaa yaah? hadii aad sawiirkeeda rabtiid weydi nooh.

oz-girl, iska celi

You may have fears because you may be looking for Mr. Perfect and he doesn't exist. What is the big deal if it doesn't work out, there is always a divorce, unless ur catholic.

BUKURR   

hmmm, this could totally be switched upside down.. Its mutual, you just need to overcome.. and if you need to practice, well I AM HERE ^_^

Somalina   

I used to be like you...but as i grew older, i realized that i should let my guard down a bit...it was a defence mechanism..This behaviour really affects your outlook on life and overall well being...

I think you should make a guy friend and just hang out as friends...you will realize that there is nothing to be scared of...fear is a state of mind..I hope that this helps...

Don't be rude, you can nicely tell them off...

Originally posted by oz_girl:

I think my fear of men is preventing me from finding a spouse. I know to some that might sound ludicrous but to me it's ruining my life. My debilitating fear is crippling me in the romance department.

If a guy shows an interest i immediately withdraw from his company .Everyone thinks i'm being secretive about my relationships but how do i tell them that none exist? How do you tell your friends that you're afraid to be in a relationship with a man? I've had plenty or a decent number of guys who've shown interest in me but once they do i become flustered and put off. If i like a guy i become very hostile and snobbish around him even though my heart is singing a different tune. I think I’ve taken "play hard to get" to a dangerous and unhealthy level.

do any of you ladies feel the same way?

And how do I go about freeing myself from these shackles?

Seems to me you have a BAD BAD childhood experiences,you come across as someone who has been abused in her early childhood.anyways,I am sorry to hear your awkward predicament but you know you have to try to change your attitude towards marriage.your biological clock tickling once a female hits 30 and she couldnt find a suitable soulmate then chances are that she may spend the rest of her life as lonely spinster(alciyadu bilah).majority of men value your young fertility and dont care anything else,the only man in the world who will still love you is your husband,he looks at that wrinkled face and remembers the sweet little shy girl he once married.in this way,a woman grows graciously.

having said,NEVER assume that men will marry you if your offer them your goods earlier than expected.some guys arent into marriage,if you stay firm and say "lets postpone sex till we get marry" they will run away and if you give them for free then you are a bad girl in their eyes and still go away.it rarely occurs that a man marry a woman he has already devoured before marriage.who wants to settle for a cheap girl anyway?

lets hope you overcome your obsticles and find the man of your happiness.amin

Blessed   

^What complete and utter tosh!

Poster, are you still in your teens? Awkward shyness is pretty common with teens and has a lot to do with self confidnce. Insha Allah, we all grow out of it. TBH, I don't see what's to fear when it comes men. They're so fickle and straight forward.

Women on the other hand....