Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Its a Girl!

juba   

"Empower our women"

WOW i would have never thought Nur would say this! No offense nur but from all ur posts on Islam section you came off as a "the only place for a women is the kitchen" kind of guy.

Anyway im glad your on our side now! smile.gif

Haneefah   

May Allah (swt) bless the mothers back home who continue to struggle to beat the odds.

Hooyadey baa tidhaahda, naag aanan gabadh dhalin waa gablan . How true, lol. I have to admit, I myself look forward to having little girls. However, we should always rejoice at the profound gift of a healhy, beautiful baby (regardless of their sex) that Allah (swt) bestows upon us. There's nothing more special! Unfortunately, it's the human nature of weakness/lower self that gets the best of us at times and causes us to be ever so ungrateful.

Originally posted by Nur:

The Best Among You, Are The Best To Their Women ( Hadeeth)

I think it's about time e-nuri initiated workshops dedicated at teaching the wisdom behind this hadeeth and similar ones. It should be engrained in every Muslim man's head, esp those poor unenlightened chauvenists who still hang on to barbaric, unIslamic tendencies. Of course, this would also include, among many, the merciless creatures who believe that certain female body parts should be excised. I'd be more than happy to volunteer with the workshops, anything to better inform our brothers smile.gif

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

quote:Originally posted by Devil's Advocate:

Right, first lets
cut of their clitoris and then empower them!

Dwelling in previous topics has become an appealing art these days! Give it up dude
:D
No, I guess we shouldn't dwell on topics, even if those said threads are SO contradictory to each other.

I see the logic in that, perfectly. Thanks for the look out!

Nur   

Kheir

a GOOD POLITICIAN? isnt that a contradiction in terms? I am sure that you have read my article about Politicians, anyway, I take the compliment with grace, I am sure that your intentions are always noble even when you are frustrated. Please read my new post, A Letter Of recommendation to get the right persepective of my current views.

Jonny B.

Thanks for the welcome bro.

Devil

Like they say good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere, I fail to see the relationship beyween chopping of an organ and sending money to ones mother, after all the men in my article dont have the clitoris if my memory serves me right, next time i post an article about gardening please dont insert that logic, it simply doesnt fit.

Nur

Khayr   

Salamz,

Nur saxib,

I didn't know that my words would be used against you to support some people's insidious ways.

Walaal, Raaliiy aaxoo!

A pathetic attempt.

Now that u're back, perhaps u'd like to return to what this is all about(that topic) instead of this attempt at..at what exactly?

Addictive isn't it, the applause? Here u go: CLAP, CLAP. CLAP.

Castro   

^ Sheh, though Nur made a mistake (he still won't admit), it is clear he wants to make amends and do the right thing going forward. Mistakes are an equal opportunity employers. Even mighty Nur is not immune to them. Open that big heart of yours. I'm sure there's a goody bag or two in there for Nur. Fair?

Katrina   

How many of us (internally) challenge our prejudices and misconceptions? All I know is talk is cheap (dirt cheap) but when it comes down to a situation close to home. How quickly we shed our open-minded views.We all know of stories like the one mentioned above but the million dollar question is has it changed the way our culture (you and I) perceive a woman or man's role??? Highly doubt it!!

Cheers to hypocrisy & flip-flopping...

Katrina   

LOL, you love me & you know it,Castro...somewhere deep in the abyss of the dictator lies a fragile moving foreign object aka heart. :)

My comments are for all but male species in particular!!

PS. Haven't you heard hurricanes are here to stay!

Originally posted by Castro:

^ Sheh, though Nur made a mistake (he still won't admit), it is clear he wants to make amends and do the right thing going forward. Mistakes are an equal opportunity employers. Even mighty Nur is not immune to them. Open that big heart of yours. I'm sure there's a goody bag or two in there for Nur. Fair?

Castro, u call that thought-out, stubborn, abandoned thread a mistake?

How easy it is to explain and wave away all that is destructive to women. Silly me. Where am I going wrong?

The guy sells himself as our online saviour and so far the threads I have seen that pertain to women are at best ignorant and at worst diabolical. Were the others mistakes too? Oops, lets forgive him his lapse in judgement and understanding of Islam where it comes to women. Do lets. Him and all the others that suggest FGM etc to solve societal ills by targetting women.

If he has changed his mind about the matter then it is for him to say so instead of fluffy attempts at praising womanhood- Long live womanhood. It means jack-xa*ar to me. It is empty, contradictory and aimed at his fans(some of whom are misogynists).

The guy obviously cares what we think of him(Lord knows why) or he wouldn't have done this. I prefer people who either have the courage of their conviction or who have the balls to admit their consistent 'mistakes'. There are those that pay attention to what this guy says. He appears to have knowledge but after reading that FGM vs Abortion thread I'm not sure he has a full understanding of some of his knowledge. He's not perfect(blah blah) but since he sells himself as a right-er and a guide he needs to do better than what he has so far demonstrated. He has put himself under scrutiny with his e-Nuri projects and now under ridicule for his views on women.

This is my opinion.

My big heart is not a whore, there is little room for men that want my private parts to fulfill their own appetites, sexual or intellectual all the while dressed up in the holy name of Islam.

Find somebody else to kiss and make it better for him, man. I gag at the thought.

NGONGE   

^^^What are those numbers meant to be?

Betting odds?

Incidentally, I always imagined the real Shahrazad to be a softly spoken yarn spinner. The story tells us how she finally managed to soften the heart of cruel old Shahrayar and stop him from marrying, mistreating and killing young virgins (uncircumcised I’d wager).

Now, whilst I don’t believe our very own Shahrazad wants to marry the king, I at least suspect that she’s chasing him around with these stories for a good cause. I’d also wager that he’d, sooner or later, succumb.

Now, Shah, tell us about the fisherman and the fish... :D