Sign in to follow this  
Muruqmaal

We believe that the future of Somalia is bright. After the defeat of the Islamic Cour

Somalia is standing at a crossroad. For the first time in two decades the future of Somalia is in the hands of its people. We have a government that is the result of a long process of national reconciliation. It is determined to reestablish law and order and democratic governance. We know it is a long and difficult road but one which we are determined to take. Somalia must reclaim its sovereignty and the people must take the destiny of their country in their hands.

We believe that the future of Somalia is bright. After the defeat of the Islamic Courts;

I called for a national reconciliation congress that would finally reconcile the warring

Somali clans and that would cement the political reconciliation that was achieved in

2004. This congress will take place in Somalia in the coming weeks. It will be open for Somalis from all walks of life, inside as well as outside the country. We hope it will

consign conflict to history once and for all.

Among the objectives of this reconciliation congress is:

• To inform the public about the outcome of the Somali National Reconciliation

Conference that took place in Kenya in 2002/4. In this regard particular

attention will be given to the meaning of the transitional period and the

transitional federal charter.

• To achieve inter and intra clan; genuine reconciliation and forgiveness and

the cancellation of our traumatized memories of the civil war.

• Establish and advise on a mechanism for the return of properties to their

rightful owners through the legal system.

Today, the government is in control of the whole country. But establishing complete

security and law and order would require time and tremendous effort. Mogadishu is

overflowing with arms of all types and sizes. Some are leftover of the previous

regime and warlords. But most of the sophisticated arsenal came from countries that

support international terrorism whose intention was to support the UIC to maintain its

grip on Mogadishu and surrounding areas. Some of the countries were our historical

allies, who have contributed much in the Somali National Peace Process in Kenya

2002/2004. We urge these countries to help us rebuild Somalia and refrain giving

hands to the spoilers of peace and stability.

These arms are in the hands of individuals or organised groups. Pacifying

Mogadishu would need time and patience and winning of the hearts and mind of the

general public. There is no military solution for peace in Somalia and the TFG is

determined to bring peace to every corner of Somalia.

There is a real opportunity to restore peace and good governance in Somalia. This will be achieved by a process owned by the Somali

people. But for it to succeed the international community must be involved. We hope the United Kingdom will lead the world in this endeavour.

Let me conclude by saying that Somalia has seen better and more peaceful days. It has also seen a democratic system of government. I am sure it can be turned around, and it is my aim to make Somalia peaceful enough for democracy to flourish

once more. I hope we can count on your support.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Muruqmaal:

Let me conclude by saying that Somalia has seen better and more peaceful days. It has also seen a democratic system of government. I am sure it can be turned around, and it is my aim to make Somalia peaceful enough for democracy to flourish

once more. I hope we can count on your support.

Thank you.

Lol, really? The writer must be the master of self-illusion. After the ousting of the ICU Somalia has neither seen peaceful nor better days. And no the slave regime is no where near being a “democratic regime”. It’s the total opposite. It’s a slave regime which slaughters and stops AID from its own people. Now a democratic regime would never do that.

What do you know about democracy? You can’t establish democracy in countries such as Somalia. It’s like establishing the Somali clan-system in America, it will never work. The people and the slave regime aren’t familiar with democracy. Somalia mererly needs a leader and a government which represents the people. The slave regime won’t succeed, that is clear. Democracy is a tool used by western countries to influence other countries, destabilized their culture and political system by installing a government which they know not how to use, but only declare to have it. :rolleyes:

Tahliil   

I know a guy who believed that self-dilusion, bought a ticket, flew into Mogadishu and took part the moqdishu carnage. he was from the Qurbaha...his aim (greed) was to prove himself to b an ambassodarship worthy by taking part of the on-going genocide and looting Tigraynan mission...

he was badly wounded and burnt in an attack couple of days ago....near KM-4...he was among conveys of cars who was seeing off the visiting Q.M. guy...He was flown into Nairobi just the other day and he just woke up, like many of my Tolka friends, to the bitter reality of being on the side of those who sold the country for mere revenge and greed....

Ebyan   

Originally posted by Tahliil:

he was badly wounded and burnt in an attack couple of days ago....near KM-4...he was among conveys of cars who was seeing off the visiting Q.M. guy...He was flown into Nairobi just the other day and he just woke up, like many of my Tolka friends, to the bitter reality of being on the side of those who sold the country for mere revenge and greed....

I'm sure his flesh being burnt gave him clarity of vision. smile.gif

Tahliil   

No...no.. not at all but i am certain that it gave clarity to those so-called clan members and friends of his who bought him the ticket and sent him off to his doom...

I am disheartened for him...he shouldn't b anywhere near those blood sucking vampires...sometimes it takes a clamity of that magnitude for someone to wake up...he is luck that he's a life...from here on he should re-exmine his life before he goes off to another very stupidd adventure...

Fool Me Once sis, Shame On Me -- Fool Me Twice, Screw Him...