Sign in to follow this  
Malika

International Women's Day

Malika   

Big up to Women!

A tribute to those women whom have to fight for their sheer existence, those under oppression, those under occupation. For my sisters in Somalia for their daily struggles, living in conditions of uncertainty, despair and mayhem. For the real picture is quite bleak and sad as they have been made to fall prey to different kind of social injustices all around.

For all women around the world, we haven’t gotten there yet, nevertheless bless those whom have worked hard to enable many of us to enjoy some equalities of what is ours in due. The right to work, to vote, to choose, to be educated and so forth.

For my sisters on SOL for whom you are , I must say I am impressed..Mashaallah!

ps..Lets not forget our sisters back home,they sure do need our support[of any form]. smile.gif

Aaliyyah   

Happy international women day ye all. Women made differences throughout the world, and came so far. Lets work from there and become doctors,engineers, dentists, nurses you name it... dnt let anything or anyone to stop you from reaching your dreams....only the sky is the limit ;)

Also, we should help out those back home insha allah in whatever way possible. I would say helping them out financially would make a whole lot difference in their lives, while we go shopping for meaningless things...just the other day I bought a purse that was costy..and then later i was asking myself was it worth it? ...am sure a whole family would have been so happy if i ended up sending them that money to meet the day's end.

Insha allah may Allah swt preserve our iiman and ease our difficulties. Trust me as a woman we will always have to work extra hard to show that we got what it takes. Just recently there was a research study that revealed that woman were getting underpaid for the same job compared to men. But, dont ever be discourage put your faith in Allah swt and things will work out at the end. You will be surprised....

wa salaam

Malika   

*bump* for Cara.. icon_razz.gif

Why isnt this day,publicised that much? We should be given a day off,from work,house keeping,child caring etc etc.. :D

Buuxo   

^Sidoo kale Juxa.

I didn't even know there was such a day.

You all appreciated ladies!

Kulmiye   

May Allah give you success and happiness to each and everyone of you my sisters. together lets all share an appreciation for all humanity!

Aaliyyah   

^Ameen Kulmiye.

oh my god when I made that post it was two years ago...time is soo fast.. Ya allah!

Happy women's day folks...

ilaahay xaqa hana tuso waxkasta aan rabnona ha nagaadhsiiyo..

wa salaam

Oz   

I believe this is International Women's day Logo ---->

27681.jpginternational_womens_day1.jpgwomensdaylogo2008150x150.gif

INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY: ‘We Will Demonstrate, As They Celebrate’

Women’s rights activists in Uganda say equal rights for women are non-existent. "There is no reason for the Ugandan woman to celebrate this day," says Ingrid Turinawe, an opposition politician and chairperson of ‘Women for Peace’, a women’s group formed by the Inter Party Coalition (IPC) – an alliance of opposition parties in Uganda. "It has been 24 years of poverty, no medicines in hospitals and no employment for women and our children; 24 years of women dying during child birth every day. Why should we celebrate the high prices of basic commodities? Can we celebrate as more girls drop out of school? We will demonstrate, as they celebrate," says Turinawe.

Source

FatB   

give then a break, ladies it ur chance to step out of the kitchen for a day relish ur fredom for tomorow the laundry awaits icon_razz.gif