Sign in to follow this  
nafta

We're Talking WEDDINGS!!!!

Ibtisaam   

Ohhh god i don't even know where to start... Every year am adding something new to my wedding plan list, it’s to long for me to post it up in here now. But i hope inshallah when it happens it all goes according to plan well at least something close to it i hope.

Iffah   

I see you girls have been planning... :cool:

I seriously haven't given it much thought. I guess I better start now icon_razz.gif

Opinionated ...Good to see you are with me. smile.gif

Tagane huh? :confused:

Canbaro-luul ...I dont need bouncers at my door when I have my relatives. icon_razz.gif

Magnoona-girl

and as mizz lex said.. all he gotta do is give me the money and sit back untill the weddin night unless he is willin to do things my way.. lol .

for fact, no guys with that jeans or fubu, whatever else they wear, ladies well they can put diric that is fine.

Who said anything about a guy with fubu jeans? :confused: I believe I didnt say that, Jeez. By the way I aint saying that. All ama saying is "I let the groom relax" :rolleyes:

Rahima is that the girl that said you can go down on your husband? I believe it is too.

Ama disappointed in you for saying such thing.

Good & learn your deen then preach me about our culture. redface.gif

Rahima   

MiZz_LeXuS

Hold your horses sister.

The remark was not directed at you personally, so i can't see the reason for the outburst (unless of course i hit a nerve unintentionally ;) ). If this is the case, then because of the triviality of the argument i shall express my regrets smile.gif .

As for the going down on your husband thing, i must say such terminology is not really to my liking however if you are speaking of the topic in the Islamic forum, then allow me to correct you sweetie.

I RAHIIMA, ACCEPT THAT FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS ACT THEN IT IS UP TO THEM (for i cannot find proof in Islam which states it is haraam and for me to say something is haraam when i have no daleel/proof is to commit kufr and possibly leave the fold of Islam- and alxamdullilah i am satisfied Allah chose to bestow upon me the light of Islam and therefore would not want to sabotage such a blessing).

HOWEVER, PERSONALLY (as i stated in that topic- maybe you just missed this part) I WOULD NEVER EVER (and may Allah keep me away from it) HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT!

I hope that makes sense this time. smile.gif

BTW, i don't know where you got the idea i was lecturing you or whatnot, but rather contrary to that- I was just expressing my opinion like you all did. No harm to that is there?

Miriam1   

I dont know nowadays...i have come to the belief that mariage is completly calaf, i have no idea if i will marry or not, therefore planning on something so unsure is hopeless and annoying to me.Oh man do i feel like the party pooper :D , but if i do get married (inshallah) it will be small with people whom i care about and very tradtional too..i cant stand those white dresses..an amazing silk dirac with a beautiful set of pearls will do it for me.

Qac Qaac   

man do i see most of the girls want big wedding here. so do u ever wonder every man is not rich. unless ofcourse u all are gold diggers, and i know u will all say that u guys are not gold diggers, but how u gonna explain diss. i agree with Asraa, and Rahima. especially with Rahima, when u say i want a western wedding, u automatically see ur caltural weddings inferior to the western calture, u might not admitted but that is what u saying.

mizz unique pls sis. if i was ur man, i wouldn't even marry u, coz i am somali, and u want me to be a westerner. act like them, wear suit i understand, but the rest is carbage sis. sorry to offend u. but i have to tell the trueth

some other girls said, i have to wear the white. what is that all about, to wear white, does the prophet said that. why is a must for u to wear it.

as silent sis, said,it is better u use small wedding save all taht money, and go maybe honey moom, pay off ur loans do alot of beneficial stuff. and in recent statis it is proven that ppl with big wedding end up devorcing.

and as for the going down on man, that is different story i don't even know how it gets here. but once again i agree with Rahiima u can't say is haram, nor halal. it is one of the gray areas in islam.

p.s. pls don't be brain washed sisters/brothers

Xafsa   

I feel y'all on the type of music somali's play....I;ve seen some dance to some nasty a$$ songs not knowing what they mean...

My wedding?..hmmm? My priority is to make sure we wont be in dept by the end of the ceremony....besides If I have a live band/singer at my wedding I know My mom would not show up and she'd probably be praying for my soul through out the whole night...so I need to keep that in mind :D

If the man has $20,000 to blow on some wedding...then I would prefer that he take me on a shopping spree and a honeymoon..'cause my wedding days is all about making me happy ;)

If not then I'll work with the brotha.

Xalimo7   

For my entire life it never occured to me to be thinking one day to get married soon, but nowdays i am really in that mood, and what changed well the first thing first, before you plan wedding and all that sort of thing , you have to find first the Product( the man) , i think i might be so yes now i can say i am planning for my wedding if Allah permits, but the other side of the story is , is this person doing the same, so yes i am planning my wedding, and if i can't married before my 30th birhtday , i will be crushed.

see you, am around dude

La-y-La   

Salaam Somalis...

My Wedding, Insha'Allah, will be very small and I seriously do not wanna a lot of money spend on it. Just Family and Friends. All these big-ass weddings are just a waste of money and I aint marrying them ppl who show up the wedding.

There is this saying that goes something like this, hadaad rabtid in wax xun lagaa sheego, aroos dhigo, hadaad rabtid in wax fiican lagaa sheego, dhimo,kinda harsh, but true.

b-sides, u bring all these men and women together and u know how it is, alot o ppl be hooking up that night and u know what happens after dat, and u dont wanna be responsible for their actions. I mean u brought them together so u are the result of whatever happens between them.

Too much dambi, I already have enough of ma own!!

Oh yeah, about the white dress, at 1st, thats wat i wanted, but not anymore so hopefully ama wear them somali white

traditional clothes Insha'Allah.

That is, if all things go as planned and am still alive, Insha'Allah.

peace.

MD   

All these big-ass weddings are just a waste of money and I aint marrying them ppl who show up the wedding

True, better to do something USEFUL with ur money, i love small weddings just friends and families where u don't have all these unknown faces staring at u while ur heart is pounding phew don't want to go through that for sure..

But anyways never thought about my wedding seriously first gotta find the brotha no need to waste ur lovely time planning a wedding without the significant other ;)

sistas, how about drive-by thru weddings! this way u can do a nice hawaiian honey moon! that will be how mine is gonna go down! dizz the whole problem and enjoy with you better half in some wonderful tropical island!!!

Qa'Qa for those grays areas you are talking about our HARAM. They is not such thing as maybes. Its HARAM full stop, No more questions.

For goodness sake some people just loving getting down dont there. ;) @someone.

Rahmia, have fun in whatever you do.

By the way you didnt hit a nerve. :rolleyes:

If people want to have big weddings, then why NOT? It's supposed to be the happiest night of their lives, so spend away!! (thats my philosophy on weddings)

Wearing a white dress is cultural in the west..and there is no haram in it..and to be honest, it's quite nice!!

Personally, if my husband-to-be offered me a Jaguar instead of a big wedding...well you know the answer to that ;)