Sign in to follow this  
nafta

We're Talking WEDDINGS!!!!

nafta   

Hey ppl, first of all i just wanna say that my cousin got married last friday after having a very tough year with her mum passing away and all...luv her dearly and wish her and her man all the best!

Her wedding was done beautifull and she was wearing hidiyo dhaqan clothes. I would love for my wedding to be as organised as hers....have any of u ppl got a idea of how u wanna do ur weddings?? Would it be inside or outside, lot of ppl or very private, dj or a radio??Have a wedding Planner???

Post all ur ideas here...... wat would ur perfect wedding be like??

HONEY-D   

All I'm missing is the .......groom

poor gal. :( well if u need any help i'm up for it just give the type of cali ur after i'll see if any of my ex's fit the description. :D kidding lol.

This how my wedding will be:

* Its a must to have a wedding planner (Cannot be Somali)

* Guys dress code: SUITS with a Tie

* Girls dress code: Dresses...NO SUCH THING AS A DIRAC ...If do you rock up to my wedding wearing a DIRAC then you my friend will be dealing with my 2 older sisters & also my cousins...Basically my whole tribe (This doesnt mean Somalia tribe)

Tribe meaning a whole lot of people.

* No such nothing as "BURAANBUR"

* No somali food

Basically my groom wont be doing much, All he will be doing is paying for it & he has to be on the night. smile.gif

**hehehe**

I feel u, lexus!

How come out of all the wedding I've been to ..or watched...No one plays the good slow song???? They are either early 90's 112 type songs...which is sappy if you ask me !!! C'mon now...play some marvin gaye (seksuall feelinnnnnnnn, seksual...feeling baby!)

Originally posted by opinionated:

**hehehe**

I feel, lexus!

How come out of all the wedding I've been to ..or watched...No one plays the good slow song???? They are either early 90's 112 type songs...which is sappy if you ask me !!! C'mon now...play some marvin gaye (seksuall feelinnnnnnnn, seksual...feeling baby!)

Somalis are jokas 4real wen it comes to selecting tunes for that all important slow dance.Its like they dont pay attention to the lyrics but are more concerened with how it sounds.

The songs that i hear in most somali weddings in the UK are joe-i wanna know what turns you on (good tune but it's jokes seeing sum halimo & farax dancing to that with their whole family watching & LISTENING)

boyzIImen-End of the road (i mean not only is it OLD, but are the lyrics suitable for a wedding?, its about breaking up n shit talk about jinxing ur future)

Again anotha boyzIImen song-i'll make luv 2 u (what can i say!!!!)

Thats all i can think of.

heehehee! i am back yall!lol!!! East coast i hate your weather!!! so hot & muggy!

Well! my 1st post since arriving back in la about early this morning!... since my status has changed

currently, i wanned to jump in heya and mix the pot!

now fair is fair! if u paying for the wedding (god bless america) then be my guest and do the organizing. but if u aint! then sit your butt down & let farah do his thing!! hello!!

Originally posted by MiZz_LeXuS:

[/QB]

All he will be doing is paying for it & he has to be on the night . smile.gif [/QB]

wow,i feel sory for him.... :(

HONEY-D   

Opinionated

nayaaaa!! I don't want no left-overs lol

I thought you'd pleased :( . If it helps they R in good condition a minor fault that is all. :D

Miss-lexus

You better have a couple of bouncers at the door that's if you want the wedding to go smooth otherwise all sorts of ppl may come and ruin it for u.

LP_Girl   

salam ppl

well

i`d like to wear WHITE DRESS like everygirl

and we aren`t in party to wear traditional clothes

so ...

its better to wear WHITE dress

peace

A7LA-SHU   

u ladies are funny wallahi...

SeNsHuAl_sHaAdIa: tell me about it.. specially that i'll make luv to ya crab is killin me. i hear it over and over...

so if i was to make wedding i would play slow arabic music, seriously when it comes to havin good meaninful wedding songs arabs are the best.

or check out some 80's songs like my sis did for her wedding

now let me go back to the topic..

i wouldn't wanna it the typical somalian weddin u see everyday, i would wanna it way different. and yeah no shash saar shit.. just that one night, coz i don't see doing it three different nights like my home girls do...

and as mizz lex said.. all he gotta do is give me the money and sit back untill the weddin night unless he is willin to do things my way.. lol ;)icon_razz.gif:D .

for fact, no guys with that jeans or fubu, whatever else they wear, ladies well they can put diric that is fine.

and i wouldn't let anyone plan my weddin at all. i would do it all, from the dresses, food, to the music. coz when u let others do there always something goes wrong.. :mad:

but if i do islamic way. then i would have it different. just have it at okay place no hotel or nothing, have great food, dance and have fun then at the end of the night have him come and get me then im out... with less headache... :D

Changed   

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i slipped away day dreaming about my wedding day already

shoo i have it planned out ;) just waiting for the right time , and right man icon_razz.gif

raula   

no..no..nah..weddings and the whole planning thing..this is just addin' another whole new 'drama' to my already complicated life...all the nigga gotta do is just pay up all ma school loans and clear ma credit to chek...u feel me...and that's about it.....I think this will match up to the weddin' spending budget...if not then we can go on just a honeymoon to Somalia(right by the Indian Ocean-watch what the other world is missin' :confused: :confused: )

Gals u are right about them songz this p'ple play...and what's with the bridemaids...some of them do not even have a relationship with the bride...just probalbly met or are known through family friends/couzos, relatives...and they are suddenly rockin' the whole weddin' and controllin' the whole thing'...I mean wassup with that...this aint' the jump off 4 sure... icon_razz.gif

Adna   

salama calaykum

why can't we all have just simple traditon wedding. that doesn't mean you're not good girl or what ever they called it. but i don't got the idea of having big wedding plus end up paying credit money back for the firs few yrs in your life. mine haduu alle idmo will be simple and lacgta aan ku west gareyn lahaay on ppl i would use it on worht place and go to mecca with my future man...who knows who would be i don't do u?

much love to ya'll...