Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

New Years Resolution: Cease reflecting on and following Somali politics.

Gabbal   

I have reached the stage where I say, with all of the passion and interest I hold for it, to cease reflecting on and following Somali politics. The quagmire is too rooted, the future too bleak, and the present too stagnant to continue to dwell on and continue to grasp on to what I have infamously termed over the years in this message board as the "hope in the unseen". In the final scheme of things, it is logical for me to conclude Somalia has no future in the form of statehood in the near future. As such it is pointless to continue to remark on actions of folly and government attempts of comedic nature. Al Shabaab will expand, this I believe, and the whole nation and the reach of the Somali-speaking lands will be affected by the ideology that has risen to power in the last couple years. It is, then, entirely plausible the nation might undergo some sort of intervention but in the present circumstance, the stagnation is too rooted and the near future holds no change of course. The TFG is dead and Shareef has gone the way of his civil war predeccessors. A new TFG has only to follow the course of those before it. Somalia has no future in its own current course; the trajectory is very much set against any deliverance. Never have I felt more hopeless for that beleaguered nation of ours. With these last remarks, I bid you all a new year.

Castro   

Originally posted by Gabbal:

Never have I felt more hopeless for that beleaguered nation of ours. With these last remarks, I bid you all a new year.

Heh. I don't blame you saaxib. Somalia is indeed in a holding pattern for the foreseeable future. This "politics" forum (which has little to do with Somali politics) is a meeting place for Somaliland clowns and Puntland buffoons (both groups largely made up of barely disguised clan imbeciles :D )

Pray for the motherland away from this cesspool.

Malika   

^ :D

Gabbal, there is no room for hopelessness in a Muslim soul,for we know bearing afflictions is through patience.It sure feels like there is a never ending,but there is always an end to everything history teaches us that..

It is much easier to bemoan and cry about our situation, but our Most Merciful God has given us clear guidelines, and promised us two things: if we worship Him and follow His guidance we will be rewarded with Paradise, and that after hardship comes ease.

[so verily, with the hardship, there is relief.] (Al-Sharh 94:5)

Insha'allah kheyr.

Dhimbil   

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein