Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Ethiopia Somalia asked us to save them from this brutal sub-clan

Baashi   

Right on Castro. Feel free to add nicks to the list *smiling*. The way I read it is that Paragon's logic is lil bit twisted.

Paragon awoowe you haven't answered my questions.

Tell me are the elders and those whose name they speak for part of the insurgency. Ahmed Diiriye who is he? Warlord? A member of insurgency, shabab, UIC? You must know ins and outs of the insurgency you support sxb.

Sharif is in Eritrea you said. So is Hussein Aideed No? Rumors have it that Indha Cadde is in there too! Do they share a platform? What's in for Eritrea in all of this? Is there any truth to the charge that proxy war is in full gear in Somalia?

Fabregas   

Baashi, the Islamic courts shababs tc..... had a common enemy with the clan elders and insurgents. One suspects that the clan orientated people and clan elders will negotiate with Ethiopia and Abdullahi Yusuf if the right concessions and incentives are offered($?). Whilst the people whom are termed as "Islamists" knowadays will never negotiate with them or surrender to their wishes. This is due to gross ideological differences.

Baashi   

You are wrong Camel Boy. Here is why: the prophet pbuh negotiated with Kufar Makkah without compromising his principles. Negotiation with Kuffar is permissible. Negotiation is always good especially when your options are limited. Surrender is totally different. By any chance have you ever heard Hudeybiah Treaty?

So insurgency is mixed bag eh? I got it!

Does it have a chance to succeed (through military means) given the situation?

Emperor   

Paragon:

Yes, when confronted by two options: to side with Xabashi or to side with reer Dhahar, Somaliland, or reer Gedo, I would gladly choose the Somali side.

This is the best and the weakest line so far, you arguments are as weak as the position you always take. Absurdly, now in that above qoute you suggest that Somaliland or perhaps reer Gedo have no connections with Ethiopians, or may be they are part of this Insurgency thats trying to drive Ethiopia out of Somalia :D ... Sxb it's clear, for you everything appears to be black and white and thus Every Somali tribe is pure and innocent except one, Yey's subclan... WaaaaaaaaW.

Khalaf   

^^^^^looool Emperor, ninyahow the current situation of Somalia with the TFG, AY is only a convenient excuse for some to hide under the umbrella of “somalinio” “islamnimo”......this caqduud aka buufiska Puntland goes way back back to Boqor Osman and Sultan Keenadiid ....with all the power, n buufis peeps give to Punt I am starting to think they believe they have “All Mighty" Powers :eek: ......ahhh Somalis.

Castro   

Originally posted by Baashi:

So insurgency is mixed bag eh? I got it!

Yes. Unlike the one dimensional TFG leadership united under a flag of cronyism, greed and subservience to the external enemies of Somalia.

Does it have a chance to succeed (through military means) given the situation?

Probably, in the long run. A hated regime imposed through force by none other than Ethiopia will find it very difficult to gain legitimacy. And it is that lack of legitimacy and popular support that will aide the resistance. Stronger armies than the TFG or even Ethiopia have failed to subdue populations.

********please don't attack other nomads. If we see you write anything close to a personal attack, we will have no choice but to block you username. Please respect the rules of the website***********

[ May 05, 2007, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Emperor   

^Thats not healthy coming out of you, however, I have not seen any personal attack in Sakhar's post but only one's personal's convictions...

One can state my political stance or who I support or supported in the past? can't he/she? I have seen many members bash Baashi for being Neutral many times, and no their posts never went missing or recieved any kind of warning...

Very unusual, but I respect Admin's decision..

Please excuse me for borrowing from some of your thoughts to highlight an important point, well to me anyway.

Baashi

Warlords or not they are still Somalis in leadership position and they DID "invite"
Ethiopia to come in and help out

Ayoub

^^ The so-called TFG is nothing but a Union of Warlords.
The warlords Ethios created invited her to save their bacon, that's the truth.

Dabshid

Ayoup,ICU were threath to Ethiopia, Man,they declared war
. Ethiopia is already war with Eritrea, and there is no way they would allow another govenment against them in the region, bro they are NOT sstupids, and send thousands of soldiers, many died for what,to secure their country.

Now With such verying opnions, so stark in nature, exchanged by words, how do you think the politics will pan out at home when these mutual exclusives positions are debated at the end of the barrel.

My opnion is clear, this TFG government is doomed because from its inception it has showed a distinct lack of anything resembling the word.

The events of the Last 6 months has only gone to polarise somali's sharply as the examples above show, and its the divisions so sharply and incisely constructed by the actions of this "government of reconcliliation" that will leave somali's without peace for a long time to come.

For the record i think Ayoub speaks for me in the section i have taken the liberty to quote.

And for that matter pretty much every other Media organisation and "so-called experts" some countries and NGO groups have voiced the some concern.

Agree! the TFG has long long ago failed. The Ethiopians run the show 100%.

You see, YEY fled to Jowhar because of Mohamed Dheere threats and came refuge to Baidao. Time has passed and yet Yey had found himself under Mohamed Dheere threat again this time in Mogadishu. This clearly indicating that YEY is not in charge or atleast have a say about who is in and out.

AYOUB   

^^ How long before Yey is made to answer for the "ciyaal-suuqnimo" he displayed just before his Jawhar exist, I wonder? :D How long will the egos of Mo Dheere and Qaybdiid be contained in the same box? Time will tell..

To some TFG ascendancy to power was far more dangerous than giving the Habashis and their Neocon backers the perfect pretext they have been looking for ages.

You would say that Baashow , wouldn't you? I say: some would rather hand over the country to Ethios than see ICU take control. The Islamic Courts were not much of an obstacle to the TFG (read Yey in this instance) when some Mogadishu based warlords declared war under the guise of some anti-terrorism alliance. These warlords were mostly renegade TFG ministers virtually openly backed by Ethios and gringos. When these warlords were defeated, they were welcomed back with opened arms by the TFG (read Yey in this instance too). What makes it so easy for Yey to make up with his biggest opponents than giving the ICU a chance? He knew the day he made geniune compromise for peace with ICU would have been political suicide as far as he was concerned. Yey went on to allow the re-arming of these Mogadishu warlords under his nose knowing full that their defeat months before was mostly popular uprising by Mogadishu residents. That was the sequence of events and as they say...the rest is history.