Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Ethiopia Somalia asked us to save them from this brutal sub-clan

Xargaga   

Wallhi thats a clownish statement. I dont know how any sane/literate person would read and accept that. The Statement Literaly says" We were asked by soamlis to come and save them from themselves. How does that soumd ? To me it sounds cynic indeed.

Aabayaashii Gobonimadoonka ee SYL waxaan haddee arki lahayeen ka waran?

Dad waxee usoo halgameen dad yar qabyaalad rafaadisay waxmagarato ah, Soomaali ku sheeg ah ayaa dalkeena saas maanta Xabasho ugu horseeday, heer xataa keeneen beentooda maalin cad nagu kor aqriyaan.

Soomaali lafahooda qabiileed ee hoose ayaan kala celineynaa, oo kala difaaceynaa? :D

What is next? Wiil iyo aabihiis ayaan gurigooda ku kala difaaceynaa?

this another conservative newspaper! if u read between the lines, they are using the Ethios to do their dirty work under the bannership of christainity pushers... but the whole dance and song is about $$$ war! tomorrow u will see kit kat, McDonald and starbuck at the stores and streets in xamar!! DONT BE FOOLED. ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY.

no difference between them and a drug pusher!! both want your money whether u dead or alive.

It's amazing how similar the rethoric employed by the Ethopian Official Berhanu Kebede is compared to what Some supporters of the TFG have bannded about in the Height of the Genocidle aggression by the Ethopians an Americans a Few Week's ago.

In tone, lack of fact's & seeking to present the situation as a Fight against One group of somali's. The Phrase Looters could be replaced with the word Brutality and we won't exactly be a mile off what had been previously aloud on S.O.L.

Which suggest to me that someone is painting a picture for the Xabaashi, a picture his more than happy to display and ban'd about.

Abwaan   

Somalia never asked its enemy for help and would never do but Meles has used some opportunists diin-haters and blind clan supporters to occupy Somalia. They have brought a murderer to become a president, a looter to become a prime minister and many pupputs to become MPs and ministers.

And how coud Ethiopia help anyway? They need help more than anyone.

Warmoog   

The Ethiopian regime is trying to spin its occupation of Somalia as a war against a particular group not necessarily because 'it was a tribal all along,' but more so because this argument -- as pathetic as it appears -- is its most convenient one right now. Its old excuses are gradually being discarded in favour of new ones. It initially tried to justify its invasion of Somalia by saying it sought to 'neutralize' the ICU, once supposedly a swarming nest of 'Islamic radicals,' which it insisted were a threat to everyone and their grandma (i.e., a threat to its pet project, the TFG; to its own national security; to the whole region, Africa, etc). Now it is trying to argue that it has somehow 'liberated' the Somali people from the tyranny and tutelage of a particular clan -- in part because it wants the world to think it is doing Somalis a favour and, more importantly, because it wants to isolate the resistance movement and prevent Somalis from building a united front against the occupying forces. Zenawi & Company have obviously taken a lot of notes from Uncle Sam's handbook on farcical imperialist manoeuvring and posturing.

In the case of the stooges, however, you can most definitely say their motivations are a mixture of tribal vendettas, greed, the lure of power and personal gain, and whatever else that keeps such immoral nitwits going.

I am beginning to realize that we in the Diaspora give Ethiopia too much credit for the current Somali experience. Ethiopia is America’s hired guns in the region---no less and no more! If you agree with that simple proposition, don’t you think the more we talk about Ethiopia in a imperial terms, the more we allot to it a majesty to which her history and her current power structure does not merit?

Baashi   

The simple and hard truth is that Somalis asked Ethiopia to intervene. Which Somalis doesn't matter!!!!! Ok strike Somalis, edit it and make it something like Transitional Federal Government, the product of a two year negotiations between warring warlords "invited" them to come in and help out. That won't cut it for you aight...I understand...don't lose it and start pointing finger at anyone...hang in there...how about one faction of the warring parties asked them to intervene on its behalf. Fair enough NO?

Well I know what the Ethiopia's motivation are and I also understand what Uncle Sam is after. They have their interests in the region and if they can get away with it they will pursuit it with vigor.

What I don't understand is us. We all let it happen. To some TFG ascendency to power was far more dangerous than giving the Habashis and their Neocon backers the perfect pretext they have been looking for ages. To the TFG, its all about power. The clock was ticking and they were cornered by movement that seemed unstoppable. The terrorist card didn't work for them before but at last they got the chance they have been waiting for.

One miscalculated the length powers that be would go to have their way and the other volunteered and begged them that they will do their dirty war if they are recognized and given the help they need to get the job done. Both Somalis!

This ambassador is telling the truth if his point is that TFG invited them and the other side posed risk to Ethiopia's security.

Most of you opposed Khartoum deal. However imperfect that deal might have been, it could have averted all of this as it would have denied Ethiopia the opp to exploit Neocon's war against terror world view. With both sides agreeing the proposed framework by Arab League, Ethiopia would never have the chance to get a pass from the UN, EU, and AU.

*Ducking*

AYOUB   

^^ The so-called TFG is nothing but a Union of Warlords. The warlords Ethios created invited her to save their bacon, that's the truth. The ICU posed no threat to Ethiopia even though that's the pretext used for the invasion. Ethios came because it was possible. Eritrea poses more threat to her but Ethios doesn't seem to accept the invitation to Asmara. It's the same scenario as the West face when they are dealing with North Korea. Iraq was possible but north Korea is not. Nothing has to do with threat posed.

As for which is THE "Somalia's brutal sub-clan", well, depends on who you ask.

Som@li   

Ayoup,ICU were threath to Ethiopia, Man,they declared war. Ethiopia is already war with Eritrea, and there is no way they would allow another govenment against them in the region, bro they are NOT sstupids, and send thousands of soldiers, many died for what,to secure their country.

TFG was just a tool, a key for Ethiopia to eliminate the danger frm ICU. YEs, there were many other factors which led for the Ethiopian invasion.

Baashi   

Warlords or not they are still Somalis in leadership position and they DID "invite" Ethiopia to come in and help out. As to whether UIC posed threat that's no brainer! Melez is not playing games there. He is an oppressor who's trying to keep the lid on the separtist in the eastern front, a region Somalia claims to be part of its historical territory. UIC declared publicly that they will help them and use Somalia as a conduit for willing Muslims wanting to take part of the declared "Jihad".

Eriteria sees Somalis opening another front as its God-given chance to get even with Melez. I don't know about you but if I were Melez I would have done the same...support the "friendly" bunch and finish off that potential enemy while they are weak and if Uncle Sam wants to help all to the better. UIC walked into the trap and made it easy for the other side to execute its plans.

Awoowe Habasha get their chance and took advantage of the situation. Having influence over the discourse of rival nation is too tempting for any politician to ignore. Addigu kala sarif Somalida lakin in the capitals of Africa and the West, as far as they are concerned there are two sides to this conflict and one side wrapped with the garb of transitional "government" was pleading for help and because they saw it that its in their interest not to have Islamic-oriented group taking the lead in the post conflict Somalia, they were more than willing to oblige. Case closed.