Sign in to follow this  
sigma

MUNICH debate

sigma   

Do you think Mossad’s response to the massacre at Munich was an appropriate one? I believe there is no difference between the Black September group and Israel’s covert agency.

I understand there are many issues involved. For instances:

• The issue of sovereignty as well as the rights of states to protect its own citizens

• How extrajudicial killings conflict with democratic principles

• State-sponsored terrorism

From a realist perspective this happens all the time and in many forms; from information gathering to covert elimination programs. The recent capture of British agents in Russia, the practice of out-sourcing torture, and Guantanamo are all but a few examples that illustrate this kind of environment.

Salaan...

I just want to say one thing: Mossad, though overrated agency, disregards any international law or treaties when it routinely pursues what it considers are its priority interests. Be it a murder, kidnapping, hijacking, assassination and other illegal covert activities.

Kidnapping of whistleblower Mordechai Vanunu, in Talyaaniga; killings of Gerald Bull of Canada in Biljam. So-called "Operation Entebbe" of Ugaanda. Agents also use other countries' passports and other official documents, as they were caught by Jordanian and New Zealander officials with Canadian and New Zealand passports respectively.

Their Western allies blindly ignore this.

Just imagine if any other non-Western agency behaved like this. Even Western agencies sometimes are tied by some laws, though they disregard. When the former communist countries' agencies, particularly the defunct Stasi of East Germany, behaved like as Mossad behaves, they were condemned by hypocrite Western nations.

I wish Muslim nations would stop being suspicious to one another and create an equal agency that challenges Mossad. There is no doubt Mossad has some agents planted in many Muslim nations, but I doubt if any Muslim nation has an agent present in Tel Abiib [Tel Aviv]. Malaysia is capable, but is too far. Bakistaan could crack, but its resources is devoted to Hindiya.

sigma   

miskiin-macruut- aqiyaar

salaan

and thanks for your reply

Just imagine if any other non-Western agency behaved like this.

for sure they would be bombed into the next century, but it beacuse of the guilt of world war 2 i think that allows others to turn a blind eye. what about israels nuclear capablity? they have been many security council resoultions against israel but no action...sheer lip service.

I wish Muslim nations would stop being suspicious to one another and create an equal agency that challenges Mossad.

if we could just realise that the greed and corruption is whats keeping us down and ours eyes off the true issues :(