Sign in to follow this  
Intuition

Home Made Face Masks

Homemade Face Mask for Oily Skin

Oils found in strawberries & lemon ontain natural astringents.

½ tsp lemon juice

1 egg white

1 tsp honey

½ cup strawberries

Blend the above ingredients, apply and leave on for 5 minutes. Rinse.

Homemade Face Mask for Dry Skin

Avocados and honey are particularly moisturizing.

½ avocado

¼ cup honey

Mash these together. Apply to skin and leave for 5 minutes. Rinse.

Homemade Face Mask for Combination Skin

A rose-based mask is perfect for balancing out the oily and dry areas of your skin.

1 rose

1 tbsp rosewater

1 tbsp natural yogurt

1 tbsp honey

Soak the rose petals then crush them into a bowl.

Add the rosewater, yogurt and honey.

Mix well & apply to the skin. Leave on for 5 minutes. Rinse.

Homemade Face Mask for Sensitive Skin

This soothing mask is great for chapped, sun-burned or irritated skin.

1 cup natural yogurt

½ cup oatmeal

Blend the ingredients together & apply to the skin for 10 minutes. Rinse.

Diamante   

that's nice to know, its the weekend and im feeling like pampering myself

i was wondering whether any of the gals know how to make wax, i was told once before...somehow i only remember two ingredients which are lemon and sugar redface.gif

let me know if u know any

^when you are finished with your waxing, can i use the left overs?

I look like a caveman and i could use some waxing on my back. icon_razz.gif;) You could also give me a hand.(I have a funny feeling you could enjoy torturing a man.) NO? am pusshing it?

Bess.   

the best way to make this ...is sugar, water and lemons ...cause lemons exfoliate ur skin.....u have to make sure that itsn't as hard as caramel or really watery ...cause then it won't work....make it sticky ....and try making a small patch 1st, so u don't waste a lot....after couple of tries ....u'll get it right...and don't burn urself....

here is other info i found about it....

Sugar waxing is a popular form of hair removal that works in the same way traditional waxing does. A thick sugary substance similar to caramel is spread on the skin in the direction of hair growth. The hair becomes embedded in the caramel. A cloth or paper strip is patted onto the caramel and then pulled off quickly in the opposite direction of the hair growth, pulling the hairs out of the follicles. The advantage of this method over traditional waxing is the clean up. The sugar substance is water-soluble and can be removed easier than wax by rinsing with water.

;)

juba   

^ but did u know that the lotion that u put on your body is mostly made out of food! ;)

Intuition thanx for the great advice! smile.gif

Originally posted by Brown-Brotha:

I look like a caveman and i could use some waxing on my back.
icon_razz.gif;)
You could also give me a hand.(I have a funny feeling you could enjoy torturing a man.) NO? am pusshing it?

Oh, start with shaving first, you wouldn't want to rush into waxing, trust me. smile.gif

My older female relatives are always telling me to put yoghurt on my face, but it never does anything for me. In fact, it tends to leave dry patches on my skin when I wash it off.

How about mud masks? Anybody ever tried them? Do they really work?

Bess.   

mud masks are the worst....they suck everything off ur face....and leave it really dry....instead of yogurt which...is kinda acidic....try a mashed banana with whole milk and leave in on for 5 minutes...leaves ur skin looking a million bucks... :D:D

Diamante   

I look like a caveman and i could use some waxing on my back. You could also give me a hand.(I have a funny feeling you could enjoy torturing a man.) NO? am pusshing it?

You're a funny man. Did you say you look like a caveman? I don't think waxing will do the trick in that case, maybe you should lie under my grass mower for couple of days icon_razz.gif

Coming back to the topic

You should give the Lush facial range a go.

Herbalism - which is a facial wash, it's a scrub and exfoliator too.

Imperialis - which is moisturiser, ideal if your face tends to get dry but then again oily too.

Cupcake Face Mask - which is a delicious face mask, literally. It calms the pores and gives this fresh tingly feeling afterwards.

A perfect remedy for after a day of work, or school ;)

Mx Xu.

No Pun Intended,but if a woman can get Waxing,whats that to a caveman? icon_razz.gif

Besides, i take pleasure in pain.

You're a funny man. Did you say you look like a caveman? I don't think waxing will do the trick in that case, maybe you should lie under my grass mower for couple of days

You are lucky i like you. :D

But just for rebbutall purposes:(and having the last word) ;)

I say unto You.Would you even know how to operate the damn thing? Lest you chop off valuable assets? :D

Asalaamu'Calaykum,

I agree with Diamante LUSH have the best products. I've tried Imperialis and just loved it. Have you tried their bath bombs :eek: Now let me tell you I'm not the bath type (actually I never take bathes, dont have the time to) lakiin one day I decided to get one and indulge myself. I loved it. Walahi your skin feel sooooooo good afterwards. Another great thing about LUSH is that you know its made out of real stuff with out the chemicals. When you go in to there store the masks are all in this freezer thingie and when you get home you gotta keep it in the freezer then too (now thats got to tell you somerthing) It feels great on the skin too. They have a range of cool soaps aswell as the usual moistorisers and body cream for all skin types. They even have Shampoo and i think perfumes. Check them out www.lush.com

Brown-brotha I didnt think Somali men were that hairy :confused: its mainly the wogs with the hair problems. How disturbing :(

Diamante   

^^ Girlfriend lemme grab a chair dee, this can only be discussed under a cup of shaah icon_razz.gif

Those bath bombs are THA BOMB...seriously, they are divine! They're tingly feeling and their smell...it's just heavenly, what can I say.

Try Summer Blues on a especially cold winter night, you'll be saying "winter blues who?" ;)

As for their Fragrances, the Karma Dusting powder is oh la la, powder it on and strut your stuff while a night out on the town, heads will be doing a 360 degree turn....Because you're worth it ;):D

So anyway I think I might stop here or I'll be launching a advertising campaign for them.

As for mr Brown...Don't worry, I have changed my mind and decided not to waist my well-oiled mower on that bush you're sporting on your back.

There's only so much I can take....wah

My face is a filthy wasteland at the moment. I stopped by the beauty saloon(a very rare event) and was offered a facial.

I wasn't enquiring about facials.

Yup, that bad. :D

^YOU! :D

am gonna respond to you in the words of a Dr SaM Vacknin(some names!), anyways what was i saying? Yes Yes, Self Depricating Homour. ahh, that perfect narcissist style.

"A narcissist rarely engages in self-directed, self-deprecating humour. If he does, he expects to be contradicted, rebuked and rebuffed by his listeners ('Come on, you are actually quite handsome!'), or to be commended or admired for his courage or for his wit and intellectual acerbity ('I envy your ability to laugh at yourself!'). As everything else in a narcissist's life, his sense of humour is deployed in the interminable pursuit of Narcissistic Supply."

Mhhh.......... icon_razz.gif