Sign in to follow this  
Nazra

Tips: On How To Save For Your Wedding

Gediid Allahi khayr haa ku siiyo walaal!Amiin... smile.gif

Oooh!Oooh!Wohoo!Over here! *raises hand*

Naku Penda!...Walaashiis can I be one of those marxiisads that always adjusts the 50ft train and puts your bouquet of flowers on it everytime you dance?Can I get some glitter sprayed in my hairdo too?loool :D

Nazra....Single mother?...Threaten you miya?She might copy your style or try it with Mr Ali downstairs?(Your words)lol.Hooyoyinka inoo daa plz and try concerntrating on yourself!Thankis yuu feeri armaajo.. ;)

Nazra   

^^^ Are you hanged on every word I say?

As for single mothers. Abaayo I try to include all SOL members when giving advise. In here, for the record we have underage kids, married men and women, single mothers and fathers, and single ppl.

I try to specific at my target group :D

Gediid, i think I like the plan ;) Smart!

Janna   

Narza,

Are you now practicing the Lebanese culture?

Because the Lebanese tend to gather necessary items for their wedding and house. Whereas, we Somali women expect the males to provide for the wedding and future home. However in some cases its the other way round.

Jabhad   

The best marriage is that upon which the least trouble and expense is bestowed. (Hadith)

As we learn from this hadith, when it comes to marriage make it simple,less costly and it will be a plessed marriage.

As a man, i believe we are being put in a delicate position to follow todays norms of marriage celebrations and go broke or try searching the right muslimah that knows and understands that expensive weddings and damaashaads will not make your marriage last. It will certainly not bring you prosperity.

Somali women should understand when your husband is broke, you are also broke. After all This is the time you should show him your loyaly and love and i tell you he will never forget you.

Jamelia   

I want a lavish grand wedding....With atleast 500 guest,, and each and every one of them is required to bring one item from the wedding gift list I compiled...No gift No entree..End off :D

Goonle   

Originally posted by ALexus.:

Narza,

Are you now practicing the Lebanese culture?

Because the Lebanese tend to gather necessary items for their wedding and house. Whereas, we Somali women expect the males to provide for the wedding and future home. However in some cases its the other way round.

Thought u were an independant woman? What happened to your lazy behind paying for half of everything. Wheres your pride dont u wanna have say in your wedding? Get off your behind, get a job, and start payin some bills.

Janna   

Quote me you son of a witch. Where did I write saying I am a independant woman. You seriously need to find a new hobby other than following me around!

Originally posted by ALexus.:

Quote me you son of a witch. Where did I write saying I am a independant woman. You seriously need to find a new hobby other than following me around!

Alexus,

ha xanaaqin, he has a point. Are you independent woman or not? Simple question really.

Xudeedi   

Nasra--good tips

I believe the lavish outflow of money into wedding expenditures by Somalis reflects on our custom and it does so in a way that makes us oblivious to our needs and we do have difficulties seperating needs from wants.

A want is an ideal state for a particular possession to satisfy a "need" in specific ways that are culturally and socially influenced.

On the other hand, A need is the recognition of your actual state from your ideal or desired state. Though we derive benefits from both, it is therefore necessary to understand your actual state. Having realized, you would be able to build on it and enhance it into your ideal state, but the failure to recognize the distinction largely by our materialist women , complicates the affordability and comfort of life-long marriages---at least for the girls and boys who harbor the urgency of the call. :D

Me think reality is totally the opposite of what this thread was started for......

Reality is majority, but not necessarily all, girls of the diaspora wanna have a wedding to impress everyone and anyone - the heck with the cost. He - the unfortunate Faarax - can deal with it.

But hey, surely, anyone who nets a Xalimo that demands less in wedding etc is really damn lucky fella, financially. Of course, personality of the girl and how valuable she is as a wife is a wholly different thing altogether.

Can I say this, honestly, OUR GIRLS ARE THE BEST OF THE LOT, AND THAT IS NO EXAGGERATION - COS MY MOM IS ONE OF THEM! LOL!