Sign in to follow this  
Bondheere

odd love

u know guys...

im kinda in love with this girl, somali-girl.... noo im done with white chicks! anyways! i like her soo much! but the thing is that we in terms of our "somaliness" are very different... she's from hargeysa (north)and im from mogadhish (south)... and u kno how it is... from the language to the somali-jokes... we dont even laugh at the same somali-jokes! we are soo different when it comes to that... and the twist here is that when we talk in our european language, we click like this son! hehe! we talk for hours...

but i feel like if i cant talk somali with my somali-girl then theres nuttin much to it... u kno what i mean... i wanna be with her soo much but at the same time we are soo different...

so broz and sistas... let me kno what u think...

Nephissa   

We already have a Legend on this board, and he's a Chinese one if I may say so. He could do so many leg kicks within one minute batting your eyelashes without hitting your face. If I were you, I would run, not walk, before he does his Tae Kwon Do on your behind.

Welcome to SOL. :D

haldhaa   

If u'r in love u should work it out something

For ex why don't u teach her the way u talk I mean southen accent and she teaches u some of hers and come halv way compromice for the sake of u'r love

how difficult it is to learn? it's on language after all just different accents icon_razz.gif;)

Ibtisam   

looooooooool; actually thats so funny; because you would be suprised how different people from north and south are. ages ago i went out with this guy, and he invited me to his house, i waz horrified and dissed his sorry *a*s*s and he says "whats eating you, my mum and everyone will be there" i was like "what, what what did you tell her" and he said "that my girl is coming round" redface.gif it was sooo embrassing just the thought, i was like nice knowing you; good bye;

anyway what so important about speaking in somali anyway, only time i ever speak in somali is with aayeyo. stick to english or whatever language you speak and be in love :D

^^^^^ but wouldnt u feel like u are loosing ur somali culture...? since our language is a big part of it!

i wanna keep my culture... ilaahay forbid i should lose it..hehe

haldhaa   

Yeah you are right bro never forget our culture or our language that is what makes as somali

and somali laguage is a part of our identity and if we lose it we wouldn't be somalis so always keep it real bro

It is not that difficult to understand each other it is just that in northern part use some English and southern part use some Italian in the language

if you go deep down you wiil understand eachother in the end and live happily ever after

I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world

Ibtisam   

your laNGUAge does not define your culture, that is a silly thing to say, it does not make you any more somalian than a next person who speaks no somali. it is a lanuage, you can pick it up in 2weeks.

legend; take a month holiday to haragisa, you will speak better northern somali then her, then stop in mogodisho for a month and she will pick up ur southern somali. then go back to ur host country and what do u know, u can communicate in 4 or more different ways.

ibtisam.... ??? how can u say that our language itsnt a big part of our culture... speaking somali is what makes of unique from the rest of the world....

language, history, lifestyle, etc is how u can tell difference between cultures... thats how i see it!

and thanx for ur advice ibtisam... we might try that... hehe! even if we have to go to somalia... ;)

Saalixa   

legend

dont get me wrong but if it is odd love you call it why are you still in it? i wouldnt.

You know i have the northern accent but but that doesnt stop me from not understanding my friends from southern somalia.it is just hard to understand when you speak fast i get lost. And also the way you describe the time, (hal saac is like to me 1 oclock) So it is up to the person..if your interest in this person is high i think this would be a very small cost.

best wishes

Ibtisam   

^^^lool rayaan; i thought for ages that dooro was dirty; only to find out it means chicken :D :rolleyes:

legenda it is not such a big problem. maybe if she was somali and you was chiness, and you did't share another common language; then there would have been a problem and odd love :D

Johnny B   

I don´t know why we "Xamarawi" guys fall for a girl named "shun" from the North, likewise a Borama guy falling for a Merca girl named [fill me in ].

I guess the Somali look / charecter is one and the same.

My advice for the legend, go for it and call me if she has a cute sister. :D

Ibtisam   

ur lack of respect for qaldan ppl is annoying the hell out of me. The cheek of making fun of edo shuun on cybernet is just too much to take. i think that slap with a dacas is way over due. :rolleyes:

Johnny B   

^^ Edo "Shun" who runs "Kat" firm is just as funny as Edo "Batulo" who runs a "doro" farm in Merca.

It ain´t a secret anymore , we love Qaldan ppl,including those from Gabiley with six fingers on their hands. :D:D:D

Ibtisam   

assumptions are the mother of all F*CK ups. SIX figures; hmm have not met such ppl yet.

and yes i have noticed an "odd" love between batool and Kat edo :D i guess edo shuun is just too beautiful to resist (no pun intended) :D