Sign in to follow this  
Shilling

Puntland's commercial capital Bosaso

Shilling   

There is no paved roads anywhere in Somalia other then the Chinese and Italian funded roads... beside that the port of Bosaso which in 1991 was defunct has since grown into a thriving city and that in itself is great achievement.

PasserBy   

I am not discounting the progress. I can see it. Paved roads would be welcome addition. They don't necessarily have to be asphalt either.

Thankful   

There is a paved road that stretches all the way to Mogadishu, it was built to bring livestock that was to be exported out of Bosasso's port.

PasserBy   

Ethiopia is desperately looking to diversify its port source. As I pointed out in another topic, the obvious choices are Berbera and Bosasso. One of the drawbacks to Berbera port is the lack of one good paved road from the port to Jijiga. I don't blame Somalilanders, though, since they haven't received funding from multinationals for the project due to their unresolved status. But still Berbera is in a much better shape than Bosasso is. Hopefully both regions will get the much-needed money to build/upgrade their infrastructure.

railway_design_route.jpg

I would like to see the extention of this yet-to-be built railway line to Berbera, at least.