Sign in to follow this  
IL CAPO

Kings of African Football.

IL CAPO   

We all know how Arsenal went a whole season without losing a single match but I wonder how many of us actually know that there are two teams in Africa who gone beyond 49 games without a single defeat.

Asec Mimosa of Ivory Coast went through a whole 108 game without losing a single match from 1988-94 and then there is Zamalek of Egypt who forgot how to lose a match starting way back from 2002-?

Last weekend they managed to hit the 52 marks of unbeaten matches and I believe it is a fitting triumph for arguably the greatest African team.

Zamalek is the most successful team in Africa and they are our answer to Real Madrid and it is an honour to have watched them play a competitive match when they came to Kenya few years back with all their super stars the likes of Ahmed Elkass, Hazem Imam etc to play against Gormahia in African Champions League.

Peace.

IL CAPO   

Northerner,

You are right but unfortunately these two teams and Liverpool have nothing in common. :D:D .

P.S it was sad to witness what happened to Djibril Cisse, my thoughts and prayers are with him since the poor brother happens to be a Muslim,actually a far better Muslim than the Drunkard master El Hadji Diouf i heard.

Peace.

N.O.R.F   

Are u sure? with a huge tattoo of angel wings on his back? :rolleyes: That may be the reason for the unfortunate break :confused:

IL CAPO   

Northerner,

These days Muslims including Somalis do all sorts of un-islamic things Sxb!

I heard that he hails from Ivory Coast and his parents are both Muslims but whether he is a devout Muslim or not only Allah knows but so far I can testify that he is far more professional than El Hadji Diouf will ever be.

He (Diouf) was even dropped from the national team after he was seen clubbing the night away in Dakar the night before a crucial world cup qualifying match between Senegal and Liberia in Monrovia, I call him The Drunkard Master! smile.gif .

Peace.

N.O.R.F   

I will probably see his country mate Kolo Toure at the Masjid today, i will ask him about Cisse if i get the chance. As for Diouf, i'm happy hes at Bolton now!

So what going on at Highbury mate, look like Arsenal have the shivers, but not from the cold :D

IL CAPO   

Northerner,

Seems like we are not as fluent and free flowing as we were before yeah, yes (hate to admit it) Man Utd game but we will come through I am sure of that, as long as we got Henry and Vieira on our side we got nothing to worry about.

Palace is just we needed and we are going to rip the heart out of their Eagle tomorrow (Insha Allah).

What do you reckon against Steve Bruce's Blues on Saturday? Do you think the Reds will come through before the big derby against the other Blues of Liverpool?

I got nothing against Liverpool because they play fair and entertaining football like US unlike you know who, Man Utd :mad: .

P.S Do you pray alongside my man Habib Kolo Toure?

tell him i said "Garder en haut le bon travail mon frère" which means "Keep Up The Good Work My Brother".

Peace.

N.O.R.F   

tell him i said "Garder en haut le bon travail mon frère" which means "Keep Up The Good Work My Brother".

I did, but in english :D

I think we will have a tough game tomorrow but the new players have now adapted to the Prem and looking good for their money. Even Kolo complimented the scousers :D . Didnt get the chance to ask of Cisse because the traffic wardens were out in force ticketing cars, i had to dash,,,,,, :rolleyes: , no ticket thankfully.

28th Nov at Anfield, Liverpool vs Arsenal, i think that will be a big game, we are 9 points behind with a game in hand. If this remains so for a few more weeks, things will be very interesting!

There is always one month in the season when we just flop, there big games this month in the prem and CL, so i hope we fair ok!

IL CAPO   

Northerner,

i am gutted to see my Gunners stuttering likie they did against Palace and on top of it we lost our rightful place which is on the top of the English football ladder!

i admit we were lucky to come away with a point! how many times will you hear such statement coming

from an Arsenal fan against lowly Crystal Palace?

we are going through a rough patch and in my opinion it is a blessing in dusguise because at least now we can concentrate more on our collective effort as you know football is a team sport and it is very unfair of people to jump on Cygan's back like that, yes he made a mistake, yes

he scored a soft own goal but who doesn't make a mistake? if my memory serves me well it was Vieira's complacency which let to Palace's equaliser and we don't hear people pointing a finger at our captain's finger and for me that is a blatant double standard!

now let us see how long will Chelsea remain on top!

your team were very unlucky to lose against Birmingham especially with the embarassing chances they had to seal the points and the match..well,unfortunately..that is football for you mate.

Peace.

shame, gunner bashing never goes out of seasons huh, is all good hate all u want na imean it just shows admiration thats hidden below the melancholic surface.

on a more cheerful note as a gunner i call for arsene to thrash henry and buy me eto.