Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Elections in Somaliland

N.O.R.F   

qadari what u have forgotten is that ucid were effectively knocked out in the local elections ie udub, kulmiye and sahan are now vying for the hot seat!

jaaluut   

in my opinion, i think the admin should at least close this topic. its devisive and doesn't serve the interest of Nomads, who applaud democracy and justice in our country, but reject an illegal seperation of some parts of somalia.

honesly, the idea of an election would be a tremendous progress if the northerners didn't want to disintegrate somalia into qabiildoms.

given the nature of somalis ,and the reaction to this topic which is drawn among clan lines, its fruitless to keep such discussions in SOMALIAONLINE, where the aim is to bring nomads from every clan and region of somalia.

to set the record straight , i do applaud the relative peace of the northwest, and northeast regions of somalia.

Blessed   

Originally posted by jaaluut:

honesly, the idea of an election would be a tremendous progress if the northerners didn't want to disintegrate somalia into qabiildoms.

given the nature of somalis ,and the reaction to this topic which is drawn among clan lines, its fruitless to keep such discussions in SOMALIAONLINE, where the aim is to bring nomads from every clan and region of somalia.

What do you suggest that we do?

Hush up and pretend that these facts are not happenning. pretend that Somalia is still a united and functional country and that we the Nomads of somaliaonline share the same political ideologies?

I really don't get it. This was a positive topic untill 'he who cannot be mentioned' raved about it not being appropriate.

What is in - appropriate about discussing the achievements of our people back at home?

why delet a postive topic beacause certain individuals have a problem with it? for un-understood reasons?

Can I just point out to you that people and politics are separate entities. If our people realised that then Somalis will get some where. In other words we need to accept our differences.

For the sake of the all mighty.... look at the big picture. There is a part in our country that has a form of democracy, where the people live in peace and gun-men are all most inexistant. That is a good thing!

Northerner

Show offf.. thats cruel.

I wouldn't object to a Photo toure of Somalilad!

Haaruun   

LOL @ Ameenah,,,u sheeg.

Somaliland idinma dooneyso, faraha ayey idinka qaadey, there4 idinkuna amaanka ugu dadaala, or else....Amehan ku dar hee..LOL

Taqwa   

Ameenah,

I have absolutely nothing to say to you. To the rest of the posters, continue your discussion on Somaliland.

Blessed   

Taqwa

Thnx. Bye now!

Haruuun

First of.. iska waran. Where have you been lately?

Back to your comments.

lol dira diraalayahaw. I didn't mean it like that. I really don't have a problem with people who oppose the state of Somaliland.

It is just 'the opinion dictatorship' in this post is bugging me... I don't like to be told what can and cannot be discussed, simply because some people can't stand the heat. Thats all.

N.O.R.F   

Hold on hold on, what going on???

Why are u all against this topic? i dont see why anyone should get offended. If those who are offended would discuss the issue in hand like adults and put forward their arguments. Or shall we just be somali about it and run from any potential disagreements. And those are the ppl who wish to re-unite somalia now? plzzzzzz

AS for the person who stated that the political parties are formed along clan lines, have u actually done any research as to whos who in each party? If u did u will be mistified to find out that there is a huge mixture of clans in each party as they are all geared towards breaking the clan barriers that has plauged us all this time.

Anyway i'm tired of arguing over such an obvious issue with ppl who will probably tell me the sky is green! If u disagree with Somaliland seprating etc then give me reasons why we should'nt and i will give a 100 in favour of why we should!

Taqwa   

Northerner,

Walaal you just said what I have been trying to convey all along to you and to the rest.

"Anyway I'm tired of arguing over such an obvious issue with ppl who will probably tell me the sky is green!"

BN   

Northerner,

Isaaq want self determination? Fine. Give that same respect to Dulbahante, Gadabursi, issa, warsengeli clans. ;)

What I always fine hypocritical is that everytime non-isaaq clans in "Somali land" say we dont want dreamland republic. The Isaaq say the "territorial intergrity of Somaliland must be upheld...". :confused:

Does this sound familiar?

Well that is because that is what SomaliWeyn supporters say: Ina Salaad boy, Abdullahi, Aidiid, Tuur, Morgan, Shatiguduud etc. :D

What hypocrits. :mad:

I would just like to remind all the dreamlanders that the people of Sool and Sanaag have signed the Puntland charter in 1998. The are in the regional parliament and are in the cabinet as well. smile.gif

Not to mention that riyaal has absolutely no control/influence in sool or sanaag. This was proven:

1.When Riyaal travelled to LasCanod and was almost killed.

2.Forces of Jama Ali Jama were being chased out of Puntland by President Abdullahi Yusuf and were fighting last week in Sanaag province.

Where was the 20,000 or 50,000 strong army you guys keep telling us about???

I guess they're all chewing qaat in hargeysa.. icon_razz.gif

1Luv