Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Elections in Somaliland

N.O.R.F   

To all who object to this thread, somaliland is way ahead of the reast of somalia when it comes to politics and the way in which we can govern ourselves.

Do u want us to sit idle and wait for the rest to catch up? and what happens if they do catch? do u really expect somaliland to be re-aquanted with somalia? i personally dont think it will happen in the near future!!!!

Call it what u like, i have a nack of speaking the truth whether it offends or not.

Plz express yr views, i'm not telling ppl to hush up and avoid a discussion that can be conducted in a grown up way. That was the whole reason somalia messed up in the first place, because of a dictator!

Paragon   

There is a freedom of speech for every nomad in this site. That is, as long as, no insults or personal attacks are involved. As i can see here, there are no insults whatsoever, just election reports. This thread is dedicated to Somaliland, if it bothers anyone then they shouldn't bother reading or replying it.

JOW JOW, WAAR BAL TAN MAXAA HAYA.. WARYAA TAQWA, LISTEN 2 ME SAXIIB, IF THIS THREAD GETS U THAT MUCH, WHY DO U HAVE 2 READ IT,PLUS THIS IS A POLITICS FORUM,,MEANING PEOPLE DISCUSS POLITICS OF THE WORLD, I M EAN THEY DISCUSS IRAQ,,USA..BLA BLA,,,BUT WHY NOT OUR MOTHERLAND, THERE ARE 100s OF OTHER DISCUSSIONS ON THIS SITE, BUT NO ,, U JUZ HAVE 2 COME 2 THE 1 THAT U THINK U WILL GET ATTENTION FROM,, CAADI ISKA DHIG SAXIIB, SHAKI BAA KUGU JIREEE LOL...1

Somaliland has done very well for itself and so far its the only place where Somalis see hope and peace...FACT. There is some semblance of a governmental body/system FACT. We Need to support them for their struggle to become better and perhaps set an example for the rest of the Somalis who I must admit at the moment are in asituation of shambles and chaos due to some few War lords who are corrupt and dont have the interest of the grassroots at heart other than their own interest.

We should fight for the Somali survival or one day we maybe just be extinct.

Haboon   

Salaamzzzzz

Is it me or are some ppl here highly sensitive when it comes to somaliland

I'm sensing a hostile tension in the air.... we'r all somalis whether we happen to reside in somaliland or the rest of somalia.... don't spoil this lil corner of the information highway

I suggest we let the moderators decide what ends up in this forum......i must say so far they have done a pretty good job

Cilmi   

I have just came back from Somaliland, and believe you me i was amazed, by the number of new buildings and thier types in Somaliland. I even paid a visit to Ambasodor Hotel which is 5 star hotel which is built in Hargeysa recently.

The Elections were successful, What i admired most was the fact that the election was conducted in a peaceful manner. No incidents were reported in any region of somaliland.

The elections took place all regions in somaliland, even though some parts of Sool were left out. But district of Caynaba in Sool did voted, and ppl there exercised thier democratic rights.

Overall UDUB won the local elections, but the general election is still to come, which i personally think Mudane SIlaanyo will be the victor.

-------

:D Allahayow tii roon!

Cilmi   
Originally posted by CiLmi:

[QB]I have just came back from Somaliland, and believe you me i was amazed, by the number of new buildings and thier types in Somaliland. I even paid a visit to Ambasodor Hotel which is 5 star hotel which is built in Hargeysa recently.

The Elections were successful, What i admired most was the fact that the election was conducted in a peaceful manner. No incidents were reported in any region of somaliland.

The elections took place all regions in somaliland, even though some parts of Sool were left out. But district of Caynaba in Sool did voted, and ppl there exercised thier democratic rights.

Overall UDUB won the local elections, but the general election is still to come, which i personally think Mudane SIlaanyo will be the victor.

-------

:D Af Daboolan, Dahab waaye

Blessed   

Baashi.

A united Somalia is still a possibility sweetie. But at this moment in time, every region should do it's best to creat some form of governenace. In Sha Allah in the future we'll get a central gov. or something! i'd like that too actually. but lets be patient .. huh?

Taqwa,

My comments annoy you right? Especially as you are not interested in them. and as you haven't asked for my opnion, you are actually tempted to thumb me....

Well, i don't blame ya. So, why not try and do unto others as you wish to be done onto you?

It isn't about Somaliland. I am sick off you running arround the forums dictating to other forumers. first you were calling sisters names and now your telling us what politics to discuss. And even if this ain't my topic, I was active in it... so your comments are in a sense also directed at me.

It is annoying.... so won't you stop it?

And I promise to stop annying you :D

Horn of Africa

looooooooool .... well duh icon_razz.gif

thats not the point love.

N.O.R.F   

I'm with u ameena, all these so called leaders who are currently seeking to reconciliate with somaliland through peace talks in other kafur countries should try to settle their own regions first and consider issues closer to home.

Other regions should have elections and ruling govts/body ect, then have a calm peacefull region with flourishing business and commerce, development etc for a number of years. Then and only then (in the future) can somalis start thinking about re-uniting, but what we must all remember is to be patient.

ppl talking about re-uniting now are just dreaming and should be puuting their energy and efforts towards stabalising all regions with a long term view to reunion!

I'm going back there at the weekend, need a break from this place, i will post some of my photos on here just to show ppl, and make yall jelous aswell!

AUN   

Salam to all my fellow nomads!

Indeed this is my first post here and I just want to say that it would be nice if we avoid all the issues that can divide us. Why debate only about those whcih will divide us when we can get pleny wich will unite and give us high spirit

wasalam

Baashi   

Ameena,

U have point there sis...and mansha'alaah why can't we have more of u...pple with 'miyir' and forsight.

Northerner,

Let me dream please!

U may have heard the lyrics of that song:

ta ta and then it goes "..u may say i'm a dreamer; but i'm not the only one; i hope one day u join us; and world w'll be one" by John Lennon.

See it is a fantasy for powerless and pple like me who hate the warlords but can't do a darn thing about them...they rule us! That won't stop me to have an opinion about our affairs, however. My view on this happen to be different than yours...I like to see a united, inclusive, just, and strong Somalia. I got a great kick out of that possibility and it makes my day.

Gediid   

Baashi

I think the North has sought after what you describe above for over thirty years. A Somalia where everyone got an equitable portion of the pie ,alas where did that get them??

I do not want to quash nobody's dream but the fact of the matter is Somaliland is here to stay at least in our lifteime.

Its therefore in the best interest of the other Somalis to not sing songs of yesteryears of Somali unity but to move forward.I sure as hell think that there are other areas where you all need to concentrate on that will need your effort.

well is good topic and insha alaah everythinks well be great for our country somaliland

and im with ucid party so we well win 100%

to silaanyo or whatever udub ganna bring i think is ganna be reyale kahin bring it on and thats is the sweet of somaliland bring it or leave it

looooooool

ucid for ever

salam to my all somalilanders