Sign in to follow this  
sasa82

Female Circumcisions

sasa82   

Would anyone in this day and age have his or her daughter circumcised? Why? Does it also keep a girl from becoming sexually active before she is married or does it ruin her chance to ever enjoy the act of sex? Anyone is free to answer my question.

What a boring topic. I rather watch paint dry than talk about an outrageous, outdated, and ridiculous operation invented for the sake of humiliating women's most expensive body part. I mean what is there to debate? We are in 2003.. hello? Do you seriously think a parent in his/her right mind, would brutally harm his/her daughter, so she can remain sexually ineffective? that is pathetic

Blessed   

Originally posted by OneManGang:

We are in 2003.. hello? Do you seriously think a parent in his/her right mind, would brutally harm his/her daughter, so she can remain sexually ineffective? that is pathetic

Pathetic indeed. But that is why circumstition was started in the first place. And ppl still do it, simply to up hold culture. Yes it is 2003 but try and tell that to un-educated lady in rural Somalia. For some dhaqan is everything, even it means reuining their girl's health.

sasa82   

onemangang i feel really sorry for you bro... you must have been in america all your life and never even seen somalia. What am i talking about? this is happening all over the world. Sorry i bored you with a topic i felt was a little bit more important than who is the cutest or whats under your bed? My bad...

Thank you Ameenah for your words of wisdom. At least someone feels what i'm saying.

Female genital mutilation can't be religiously or medically justified......It is pharoanic practice handed to us by our ancestors. One can't use their culture as excuse to continue this practice. It must be stopped. N people believing mutilated girls will remian virgins are totally misguided. A human desire can't curbed by anything. Circumisions can't be a substitute for parenting. Teach your daughters to respect themselves. Thats better way.

P.S , i think the business of female circumisions should outlawed since it creates an oppurtinity for the HIV virus to speard.