Sign in to follow this  
Gordon Gekko

TFG advances: Fagax, Ex kontrol, Jamhuriya, X Xisbiga, Istadio Muqdisho under control

Peacenow   

TheSomaliEconomist, you have not really answered my question. Do you think justice should be applied? If so, should it be selective or should it be applied totally? The reason is, im trying to understand the rational process that got you to think of these poor lives as being 'marginal'. Now say the dignity of the country has been restored, by what, having the Ethios leave, security to grow and national healing process to start. Where you then to apply rule of law democractic principles, are you then selective in how it is then enforced?

^^ I agree that their history exposes their shady personalities but they are most likely temporary marionettes being used for the greater cause. It's a strategy that is functional and logic but also very short-term. Most certainly, the adminstration will look different when things gett off ground and the transitional period is over in -09.

u will these head lines about the general soon, probably in the next couple of days...check hiran.com.

also, stay tuned for new face of the state dept about tigare/tfg support soon...probably after tuesday...new policy will be announced.

warning! if u somali, dont travel via adis no more! u will be in hell. also, travel ticket to somali sky high...i know a family of four who travelled to beletweeyn, it cost them 10k dollars!! i told them to go to hawaai. they could have saved half the dough. :confused:

peacenow,

I don't quite understand your reasoning here. This is not really the time to be "politically correct" as they say here in the west. Your talking about a national healing process and democratic laws being applied but you do know that such things haven't even been heard of in Somalia for the last 17 years do you? Hence the depreciation of the somali mans voice & value. Selective justice which seems to be what your pointing out, was something that has been thriving in Somalia for the last decade in a place where AK-47 ruled.

Peacenow   

The resistance is underpinned by a clear moral arguement. Which is what, I tried to reason with you. You have to apply these principles, all the time, because if you don't you will clearly have compromised yourself, if you don't. ''This is not really the time to be "politically correct" as they say here in the west'' speaks for itself.

I know it is something you will have to come to terms with at some stage. Of course, it is not your family that has been slaughtered. On the flip, I have never seen more Somalis, united than I have so, in the last 2 months.