Sign in to follow this  
Sensual_Healing

Fashion Police for somali sisters

As Salaam Alaykum wr wb

firstable i am a coward because i can't say this to my somali sister face to face, But i have noticed the Colourfulness in somali cloths and i think i understand, But i thought maybe it would leave todays youth and wear some nice Bold cloths. But it's not happeneing, they are either too Flashy, or too revealing, i Like the jalabiib sisters at least you can't see the colourful shirt they're wearing underneath, But really Please i'm Anti- Colourful even colourful diracs annoy me :(

and those Murnayd designed skirts (YUCK) not only do they reveal your body but alsoattracts the wrong crowd, well let me but it this way DRNKEN men! UuuuuuF, you've said it

May ALLAH for give me if i've offended anyone ;)

personally- as posted some where else....(now i have to stick with it) i wear black black and nothing but black..

i admire, my sisters that wear colourful clothes, as long as it suites them and they carry it with class. (im not saying wear all the shades and colours of the rainbow all at ones) im saying wear bright colours, but wear it well!

i think they are confident in wearing whatever colour they wear...i mean, my neice loves the colour green, i krindge at the thought of me wearing green, however she has a whole wardrobe of green clothes and accessories, and i have to say she looks beautiful in them. she looks so funky and nice, that sometimes i wish i could wear green and feel as comfortable in it as she does...but i know green aint my colour!

my sister has a thing for red and purple, and it looks good on her -- as long as i make her mix a lil black in there...wich she does,,,so she coems out like she stepped of a cat-walk.

the other one has a thing for brown, another for grey, and another for pink?..i know for a fact it looks good on them, and sometimes, when i feel wild...i wear a hint their colours (in accessories).

i say wear whatever u like, as long as it covers u up well.

(what i find weird, is sisters in jilbaabs that wear bright colours, like yellow, green, orange, pink) i can wear them colours in tops/shirts and t-shirts, but in jilbaabs?....see, i love black, somethings look best in black (if not black jilbaab, grey or dark navy blue) maybe its just me....

What a GREAT TOPIC!!!!

firstly I must say I feel ya slient_sistah.

I myself wear hijab and seeing other sisters wearing colourful Jillbaas is killing me... lol..

Once i seen @ the bus stop a lady sister wearing a YELLOWWWWWW jillbaa i was like DAMNNNNNNNN helllll noooooooo!!

but whatever, i SAY rock what you like.

qacbaro, lol, is that a compliment? ,, i mean my somali is bad as u already know, so askarta mahdiga (the soldiers of the mahdi) hmm..im thinking its a compliment -- well, i take it as a compliment, the mahdi is a religous guy right?, who comes before ciisa (jesus) and leads the ummah...right?...well, if im right, thank u for the compliment...

Lander sis....lol, yellow was one of the colours i mentioned before, i dont know how people do it.

well, the somali sisters fashion polics can try and stop me, i saw this real nice green jacket, and im going to get it...u know, ill b egoing to uni with a black skirt, and a black jumper, and black shoes, so i guess a little green wont hurt.

Qac Qaac   

Yes that Imam Mahdi.. actually it is an honour not a compliment.. only real men and women could be in his army.. to defend islam.. from the evil dajaal and the kuffaar... but sorry guys go back to ur topic.. never mind this part. is only to Silent sistah..

Excuse me?!

Do my eyes deceive me?

Bold colours are bad and dark colours are good?

Not on the Somali planet! The brighter, the better as far as we're concerned.

Just yesterday, I saw a lady sporting a very becoming neon-pink garbasaar over a turquoise top and a long green skirt. Fabulous! It didnt even matter that I had to put on my shades in order to view her in all her glory without the fear of going blind.

NoVa   

naa B i thought that was U' with the Pink' Gabasaar and those Yellow Sandal's that u had...not 2 mention the Orange Earings u had at least don't try 2 match them with Bluue NEcklace girl and red top or tht's just One Woman' GoNne Wrong... :D ...hopefully it wasn't rainin' or all those colour cordanators u were wearin' must all got demished lolll..

Hey like some1 already said, bein' Somali woman' is like havin' all kind of colour cordinator. We love to wear clothes that are so colourfull so we can outstand for some oddreason, it seems as if that's a good thing..u know and wether it's good or not bad I believe whatever makes ya day is whatever u should be floatin'with. Every culture have customes of clothes and Somali's aren't different from it, and if our clothes happend to be colourfull then it's what makes us SOmali's then...it's part of our culture...so whatever colour that makes u go Brighter by the day..lool...then go head sista's and blend with it. We really aren't a big fan of black or white colours except if it's maybe xijaab/jilbaabs. I believe one'should be wearing whatever makes them confortable. Just remember at the end of the day that u looked good with it :Dicon_razz.gif ...ala niyada in' liii dhiso waayo...

ya Sista In islam,

Ta Ta Tiya*

Sad,,,,,,

All the arguing over hijab when our ummah is in dire straights. Its always easier to address superficial matters rather than deal with the real issues. I can assure you the muslim world is not upside down because sisters arent wearing hijab. What happened to inner purification and judging yourself instead of others. What happened to zakat and sadaqah. Somalis are killing each other in the middle of zhuhur and asr and talking about hijab. Taking food stamps and lying and talking about hijab. hiding their uncleanliness and inability to control their kids and talking about hijab, sipping tea alnight at the coffee shop and talking about hijab. Stingy as hell and tribalistic and talking about hijab. Hijab is not a pillar and most of us cant even fulfill one pillar full time without judging others regardless of how they practice their deen ., Allah will judge us on the soundness of our heart--our intentions, and he has preferred the "garment of righteousness" which is something no one can judge except Allah. Get off your hijab wagon and stop sucking the government, killing each other, backbiting, failing to keep the mosques in hygenic conditions, wearing dirac and staying out all night, depriving children of time spent with both parents--quality time, being ungrateful for being in the US when that what you prayed for and Allah answered your prayers and engaging in all this idle talk without poising yourselves to change a darn thing. We have issues. Modesty is within the heart and it is a state of mind. A piece of cloth in and of itself has no power. Dont limit your understanding to concrete matters. It has nothing to do with looking like the kafars. Looking like the kafars is imitating the corruption that plaques a society of unbelievers. Somalia is a lawless, deenless, primitive, underdeveloped society that resembles best --a kafir society in every way.

In short worry about the real deal? Discover what it really is to be a kafir and get at the real reason why you like to argue over hijab.

Janna   

Originally posted by Aeryn Sun:

Not on the Somali planet! The brighter, the better as far as we're concerned.

Indeed we are Somali's and things will never change.

If a person's main concentration is to make other's go blind then wearing bright colours might be a idea.