Sign in to follow this  
Somali Pirate

100 years from now, how will our country look like

i can still see it. the south still in chaos. the north west still yearning for 'independence'. the east teeming with pirates as the whole world uses the somali coast as a training practice to shoot somalis on the seas. The french and spanish will still keep stealing our fish and the italians will dump the toxic waste in our waters with their navies backing them up. all the while puntland will looking the other way.

The eithopians will be still laughing as they continue to run the strings behind the scenes as somalis are humiliated and subjugated again and again and again.

I am an optimist in life but i cannot for the life of me see how we will see our nation rise back to our glory again. Are we meant to be a country of refugees forever?

I really get depressed whenever i think of my country. I am only 23 but i see the pictures of somalia of old. The beauty of mogadishu and other somali cities. Are we doomed to never see them again?

Somaliland by then would be a great nation waad arki doonta. Siiday imika ku socotto. 18 years we build our citys. what makes you think in 100 years. it will be a super power.

Somalia i dont know maybe same shit like today.

^^^loool. Adeer we are all in the same shitt even today there are Somali clans fighting in Gabilay which resulted in 4 deaths. There is political nonsense and stuff in Hargaysa and a dirt poor region like the rest of the country.

As for 100 years. Well Somalia will be better in 10 years, most things will change as it is better than 10 years ago.

In 100 years Somalia will be a country with glistening white cities with sewage, green pastures, beautiful deserts, misty highlands, lush jungles, waters full of fish, making billions of dollars from camel exports, from fisheries, from banana&plantain plantations, from incense trees, from the millions of tourists that will come there every year to dive at Somalia's famous coral reefs.

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^loool. Adeer we are all in the same shitt even today there are Somali clans fighting in Gabilay which resulted in 4 deaths. There is political nonsense and stuff in Hargaysa and a dirt poor region like the rest of the country.

As for 100 years. Well Somalia will be better in 10 years, most things will change as it is better than 10 years ago.

Clans that fight over ceelal and beero the passed 1000 years waanu arkayne. Even with dawladii kacaanka we saw those little clashes .Beelaha gabilay isku haysta na wa reer somaliland wa isku dad isku dhaqan isku sijnji isku qawmiyad isku dall. But the important thing is that we have a government that works for its people. Things that is happening in Somaliland is pure politics. Udub versus kulmiye wa hormar la ghaaday. Asxaab qarran. So in 100 years we will be a great nation, because if we have done this in 18 years what can happen in 100 years will be so great.

Meiji   

I am an optimist in life but
i cannot for the life of me see how we will see
our nation rise back to our glory again. Are we meant to be a country of refugees forever?

In 100 years alot can change. Why would we go for a mediocre level (''glory again'') when we can go for the superpower status in the world? It's possible when we have the will to achieve that. Ofcourse to alot of people this will sound just as ''empty talk, unrealistic crap, propaganda, lunatic, madness etc''.

BUT

Almost half century ago, in 1960, when the Somalis celebrated the historic

Would they lisen to or believe a person who would tell them: '' 50 years later , Somalia will be a failed state with no government and played out by foreign powers especially Ethiopia. The Somali people will be hopeless within the country and millions will be scattered around the globe as hopeless refugees''.

Would the many Somali young men who prepared themselves to

so that they can help their country believe a person who would tell them: ''Dont waste your efforts, Somalia will be dead as an independent state, its people will end up hopeless and desperate, its ''leaders'' will become pawns of foreigners, its educated people will flee their country''.

That was just 50 years ago, and look how things have changed dramatically.

Even in 1984, no one would believe you when you told the people wandering in the streets of

that things would fall apart, that Somalia will collapse as a state, its people suffer tremedously. And thats just 25 years ago.

Now, would you believe me if I told you now that 100 years later your children and small-children will walk as free and proud men on earth? That they would cherish to be Somali? That other nationalities will look very envious towards this ''Somali man''? That no major decision will be made in the world without Somalia's involvement and agreement?

Wouldn't you react towards me as those in 1960 or 1984 would react to a person who told them that things will fall apart?

Well 100yrs from now if we are still around, you will somali origins with different identiy,Somali Hisbanic,somali Americans,Somali Arabs,SOmali Puntlands,Somali Somalilands, Somali Chinese, Somali jinooley, with different languages. Illaah ima tuso waaba dhib .

Kashafa   

The eithopians will be still laughing as they continue to run the strings behind the scenes as somalis are humiliated and subjugated again and again and again.

And who are the only Somalis free from the puppet-mastery of Ethiopia. Come, brother. Tell me. Who ?

After Ilaahay Subxaanah wa Tacaaalaa, the key to Somali Freedom lies in their hands.

And in your hands: Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight.