Sign in to follow this  
Major-General Cawad

Six Somali Men executed in Saudi-Arabia

NASSIR   

Mucalimuu, be carefull brother. We don't want your name taken out of here.

Control your emotions.

This girl is probably less experienced of how somalis react against injustice or the aggressive nature of Somalis. Identity crisis is her problem and may allah illume her with sense of identity.

Salma   

OG, kindly rest your case and don't bother yourself explaining (FASAD FILL AL-ARATH) issue in this place, it won't work dear. It seems when someone is putting her/his opinion in this prestgious website which is against others' opinions, it means either s/he is suffering from Identity crises problem, or not real Somali, or stup!d, or shallow, or without experience ,,,,,etc.

Why you have to call names like ciyaal casiir and such weird words??!!!

Now I would really love to know what differences does it make if they were American Somali??!!! Don't tell me that Bush would have sent a special agents to release them ASAP or maybe he might delcared the war on KSA??!!

"Maybe" and "what" won't change anything from what happened, Allah only knows the truth & him only will have mercy on them. Ilahay ha uu naxriisto.

I am surprised at the way they were given the same punishment all six of them, beheaded in public. Shouldn't there be an indivitual assessment of their participation in the crime? I am sure there were ring leaders and followers if it was a group thing.

Alaaya kharib baytak.

OG Girl and Classique, you seem to run to the rescue of anything remotely arab related in this forum. I must admire you for your loyalty and gratuity towards your host countries. Unlike some of the two-faced chums on this side of the world, who collect welfare checks with one hand and turn around to say the most spiteful of things about their resident countries the next minute.

That said, lets cut this smug attitude you two display. Explain yourselves.

What is “FASAD FILL AL-ARATH†or crimes against humanity as you explained it? Do you even know what qualifies as “crime against humanity�

According to the International Criminal Court , “crime against humanity" means any of the following acts when committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population, with knowledge of the attack:

(a) Murder;

(b) Extermination;

© Enslavement;

(d) Deportation or forcible transfer of population;

(e) Imprisonment or other severe deprivation of physical liberty in violation of fundamental rules of international law;

(f) Torture;

(g) Rape, sexual slavery, enforced prostitution, forced pregnancy, enforced sterilization, or any other form of sexual violence of comparable gravity;

(h) Persecution against any identifiable group or collectivity on political, racial, national, ethnic, cultural, religious, gender as defined in paragraph 3, or other grounds that are universally recognized as impermissible under international law, in connection with any act referred to in this paragraph or any crime within the jurisdiction of the Court;

(i) Enforced disappearance of persons;

(j) The crime of apartheid;

(k) Other inhumane acts of a similar character intentionally causing great suffering, or serious injury to body or to mental or physical health

The above is what is defined as "crime against humanity". Threatening and robbing a few Arabs with knives is not.

Where in the Quran does it say armed robbery warrants capital punishment? Under what Sharia or international law does armed robbery (here with measly knives) does such a crime qualify as “crime against humanity� Does the weapon of choice matter? Knives cannot be equated to heavy artillery, causing damage and terrorizing a whole group of people.

What completely blows me away about OG, is her blatant disregard for human life. She most certainly needs the sword brought closer so she realizes human life is sacred. She speaks of this particular case as if she dealt with it. There is no excuse for her words.

Are you guys denying the hypocrisy and double standards of Arabs towards different countries? Should I dig up tons of examples where Americans and Europeans have committed unforgivable crimes against Muslims in various Arab countries and they walked off free?

Let's stop the debate here and now because I can see lots of people loosing their temper. You know every injustice will be dealt with in the Aakhirah so if this poor Somalis were beheaded for no reason then allah swt will deal with it in the aakhiro.

Meanwhile as we don't now the full facts we shouldn't jump ahead of us. I don't agree with beheading because i think that the punishment was a too harsh however one has to obbey the rules of the law.

I wouldn't commit a crime ever myself and certainly not in a foreign country like KSA whose penal code is very severe indeed.

I recall myself living in another country some years ago where spitting on the ground and throwing rubbish on the pavement was punishable with a fine of up to 1000 or one month in jail. the spitting is even worse you get an instant fine of 5000$ or three month in prison. Even if weren't aware of the punishment. Also in Thailand if you carry drugs on you the police got a license to shoot you. They don't even take you to court they can simply kill you on the spot.

Every country is entitled to its own customs, laws and morals. Nevertheless the Kingdom is not like Mogadishu where the gun rules and where morals, norms, customs, law and order are practically non-existent.

OG_Girl   

I am not sure if you undersand the KSA and thier Laws or not!But if you are trying to show that bad things happen in the KSA, well, no need to prove that to me, that could be in another topic!!!

If you talking about right and wrong and about Share'a I think you have to also look at this from a neutral view. As painful as it maybe living in another country, you have to respect the internal laws of another country. The bottom line is you have to respect those countries laws. If its people in KSA thought differently then they and only "they" are the ones to change them. You cannot and must not pass judgment on the issues you don't have all the evidence for, just cause they are Somalis!!. As I said before apart of name calling here, This is perfectly legal in Saudi Arabia, doesn't matter if they are Saudis citizen or not!!

Classique, I had to explain and repeat my self sis,I found the case here not how happened but who beheaded them "the KSA"!!! They can't pass this apportunity to bash others!

I am explaining "how" happened in legal point of view and they argueing about "who" did it!!

PS: For the person who is talking about International Court, we don't use what International Court says!! We got our own courts and punish accourding to our Laws. And should be respected if you talking about Law!!You can't destroy your country and come and change people's Law! Plus what you know about human lives here!! If your house is made from glass don't throw stones to other's houses!!

Salam

NGONGE   

What is “FASAD FILL AL-ARATH†or crimes against humanity as you explained it? Do you even know what qualifies as “crime against humanity�

"Saudi Arabia has one of the highest rates of executions in the world in both absolute numbers and per capita. The death penalty applies to a wide range of non-violent activities such as apostasy and "witchcraft", "sexual offences", acts deemed to amount to "corruption on earth", and crimes such as drug dealing."

We don’t have the exact details of this case, though I suspect the charge of “corruption on earth†has been applied because of the recent unrest in Saudi Arabia. With bombings, gun fights with police and abductions increasing in the last couple of years, the government of Saudi Arabia seems to have put its foot down and decided to deal with any groups that threaten the peace harshly. The idea being, that these people are spreading fear and corruption in the country by their actions. Since corruption on earth is a crime punishable by death, these guys were convicted of the crime (my guess is that he kidnapping is what swung it that way). I needn’t comment on the fairness or unfairness (not yet) of the execution of the 36 people this year (two more than last year and 16 less than the year before), however, I thought I’d explain the logic behind the extra harsh sentences as I perceive them.

I can’t blame OG or Classique for jumping to the defence of Saudi Arabia (though you can’t really call it defence. Both are talking about points of law and are choosing not to comment on the suspect application of that law). This is a matter of opinion after all.

The irony of ironies of course is the sudden and overwhelming condemnation of a regime that applied the death penalty since 1977; I refuse to believe that people on this site did not know of this obvious fact. The unfairness point too is slightly puzzling. Again, I’m aghast that people did not know that despot regimes like Saudi Arabia’s and most other African, Asian and Middle East countries do not adhere to due process and fair trials.

This leaves us with the fact that those executed this time were Somali and this is the reason for all this commotion! Is this it? We are willing to question Sharia Law, insult fellow Nomads and cause a complete din just because, this time, Somalis were executed!

Most Westerners that face the death penalty in Saudi Arabia are backed by powerful governments that fight their corner and secure their release. These same governments are the ones helping and abetting the Saudi regime in keeping power. The rest of the people of the world (including Saudis, of which many have faced a similar end) don’t have anyone to speak for them and rescue them from the executioner’s sword. Who said life was fair?

A few months ago, some Saudi’s demonstrated in the streets of Jeddah and were demanding that the government adopt democracy and freedom of speech! They were all sentenced to 100 lashes (men and women). Doesn’t that sicken you, people? Or will you wait until I supply you with the number of demonstrating Somalis in that crowd too? :D

N.O.R.F   

Most Westerners that face the death penalty in Saudi Arabia are backed by powerful governments that fight their corner and secure their release. These same governments are the ones helping and abetting the Saudi regime in keeping power. The rest of the people of the world (including Saudis, of which many have faced a similar end) don’t have anyone to speak for them and rescue them from the executioner’s sword. Who said life was fair?

Good point.

We need to understand that there things in this world that you have no influence on, so please stop all the cr*p and just think of others who are less fortunate than ourselves living around the world suffering on a daily basis from all sorts of scenarios and think outside of your safe little rooms with your safe little high speed broadband connections and come off that moral high ground we have all of a sudden climbed upon. Pray for the deceased and move on. Full Stop.

You bunch of arab loving knuckleheads are contradicting urselves left rite n centre! :rolleyes:

I dont care for the death penalty or how brutal the laws of the KSA are. I am Somali (or SomaliLander depending...) and I am appalled at the mistreatment of poor Somalis in the KSA. I think the punishment was UNFAIR and I shall voice my opposition to it.

What is your bloody point? You have conceded to Arabs being unfair, to their laws being corrupt and selective, to the entire world being witness to their double standards and a$$-licking antics... so what exactly are you arguing for?

I am picking on OG for saying they deserved to die, for upholding a verdict that was clearly disproportionate to the said crime...for her insulting of Somalis in general and for changing her mind more times than i care to recall, for being confused and inarticulate about her stance. I'm just plain offended by her remarks... I'm yet to figure her point! If your point is respect the laws of the lands you reside - I agree. But I expect a fair trail for my wrong doings...capishe? is that hard?

NGONGE   

Heh. Temper, temper.

Without praising myself too much, I believe my point was made very clearly and eloquently (if you don’t mind me saying so). :D

STOIC   

I think ultimately what is and is not a crime is, to an extent left to the ultimate power of the country(where the crime occured).To convict a criminal it must be proven beyond resonable doubt that the defendant did the crime (think this applies in Islam too).This is a standard that is very hard to meet and often burdensome!.I will not comment on this incident since i don't know the exact cause of action that was brought against this guys!. But Saudi Arabia system of law is totally at odd with what the westerners view as fair and justice prosecution.Since their law is based on scholarly opinions i think they need to be extra careful with their rullings becasue Allah loves justice.In the US for example a person suspected of commiting a crime is entitled to certain fundamental rights like right to an attorney,and a right to a speedy jury trial.This is why Saudi Arabia needs a balance between identifying the criminal and preserving the fundamental individual rights (this what separate Saudi from the free world).

OG_Girl   

You chose to not get my point and that is fine with me! Again my point is regarding of this "particuler case" they been charged not stealing crime but "corruption on earth" and in that case the punishment is death plenty! what is so hard to understand here!!

If this is not fair to you that is another case and you can raise your voice against it as much as you want but I'm afraid you are raising your voice in wrong place.Instead of spreading hate between Muslims with out evidence in this case,I suggest you to send emails, Letters to human right organazation in you area, or better to send direct latter to Saudi embassy or even better to Minister of Justice But I would suggest you to direct your latter to " Mofti Saudi arabia" or Majles al shoura Al Saudi :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offended 2alat..howa enty ta3refy ma3nal tajree7 masha3er al5alq redface.gif

Salam

NGONGE, the only think you managed to achieve is lightly(when we all know ur a hefty man) dance around the subject and pretend to be a light fairy hovering over and guiding us. :rolleyes:

OG sweety, come of it. You have changed ur tone more than once. Now its “corruption on earth†as said by the great NGONGE :rolleyes: . I will do whatever I can for those lacking justice and for those unspoken for. You on the other hand, stop being a complete ninny, going wherever the wind blows. This is a Somali site and insulting them is disrespectful, not to mention demeaning their life.

p.s. If you guys fancy debating...go back to my 3rd last post n reply to my questions. Else, put a cork on nacnacda. ;)

OG_Girl   

^^ Stop threating me here! I know this is Somali site and doesn't mean you can disrespect others etheir and spread lies and hate with out evidence just cause no one here to show other side of the story!! :rolleyes: .Oooh yeah that was in Saudi Arabia where they been punished dear wasn't in Somalia!! what a hypocricy!!Did Saudi come to Somalia and punished them or they commited the crime in Saudia?

fasad fil arth= corruption on earth..this is an arabic and the one NGONGE said was translation of the Arabic word " Fasad fil arth"!! Where is the problem now???

Go ahead do what you can, good luck dear :rolleyes:

Oh since you don't understand Arabic we call it " Amaleyat takhrebeyah too it's same curruption on earth... by the way I was reading this case in Arabic and discussing with my prof. They been charged what we call in our Law " amaleyah takhrebia bel belad" not sareqah!..

NOGONGE, please translate for her!!

Salam