Sign in to follow this  
Reality Check

Repeat Topics

Is it just me or lately people are re-discussing old topic.

Does anyone else agree?

Possible solution: Look at the archives for the topic you want to discuss to see if it in fact was DISCUSSED..and reply to it!

Little bit of organization never hurt anyone ;)

Macalin   

I Don know if u rem but a while ago,i did say abt this and most ppl agreed with me but others was like, let them do what they wanna do!

And this folks done taken it darn too far

Well, I personally dont have the energy or time to waste on searching for old topics. redface.gif

Besides, if people were posting interesting topics (which they are not) then we will keep going in circles, repeating what we already said in order for someone to add an interesting, and original point. smile.gif

P.S. I havent seen u post anything original in a while Opiniated, unless you're complaining about other's postings. :rolleyes:

Abdinuur   

I think members should utilize the search engine for topics they're considering to post before posting any. Many people don't make use of this idea anyway. *Located in the upper right hand corner*

All you do is simply follow the instructions...it aint that hard. It's simple. :rolleyes:

Beeing organized is cool walashiis but,searching for old topics ain't though.

I bet you know that their are over 100 off topics on each forum so who's willing to digg on them all, to see iff what they wonna post has been posted ages ago... :confused: ?

I don't know Maybe for some New Nomads this ain't too REPETITIVE as it is for some off youz.

one love!

over and out!

Not everyone is aware whether a certain topic has been discussed or not

You don’t like the topic simply don’t click on to it don’t waste your “valuable” time and complain about repetitive subjects

My opinions………

Call Me weird But I thought that Even Talkin about Why Ppl repeat old topics were discussed so many times before.....hmmmmmm...Funny Init.... Deja Vu...Hala Acuudi Bilaysto..

Cheers...

PS: This reply doesn't mean that I am out of my self imposed retirement

Originally posted by Opinionated:

Is it just me or lately people are re-discussing old topic.

Does anyone else agree?

Possible solution: Look at the archives for the topic you want to discuss to see if it in fact was DISCUSSED..and reply to it!

Little bit of organization never hurt anyone
;)

Abaayo, I do agree. This place is being flooded with repetitive topics. But, I don’t mind revisiting or re-discussing important subjects like cultural and social issues.

Do you remember the thread about a book written by Waris Dirie (the Somali model) on female genital mutilation? On that thread, the first subject ever posted about FGM, there was not much discussion about the subject at all. Instead the majority of the SOL members (at that time) attacked Weris’s character, her marriage and even the way she wore her GARBISAAR totally missing the importance of the subject at hand. I would like that thread reposted so to see what the now so matured and seasoned member would take on the subject. I would also like to see the thread about the Somali single mothers in Diasporas. Again our beloved SOL members, especially men, had a field on this subject. Name callings like: used goods, baggage and damaged welfare grabber, were used in describing the pillar of our Somali society- our beloved single mothers- and the girls watched these abuses from back ground. I wonder what they (the SOL members) think about single mothers now!

I am just curious! Other than those I don’t like repetition at all. Certainly not Muhram again :D:D

salaama

Qori,

Wouldn't it hurt anyone to type for example FGM on the search, and pick the topic they wanted to added to and just bump that topic back up because there are many people who probably have never read that thread. Trust me, forums that actually practice this are more effective and interesting because there is always something new to read.

YEAH! I agree with this! man, its becoming like de ja vu! u know whadda i mean! u wanna come in chill with something new,,, am i correct?? u dont want go back and read again something that u beat to death 6 months ago, just because a newbee nomad just found this site miracle, and wanna blah blah!!

hey newbees, do me a favor, plz click on the search link and get your hands dirty before u say your piece aigt!! peace!! u know, just saying dont assume! that u is the only with ideas!! ;)