Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

UN: Yusuf Inda Cade DRUG trade in Lower Shabele...

Sky   

I’m not here to say which one is worse than the other unlike some bitter individual such as you. Let me just see if there are some differences or similarities between Marka and Bossasso.

This is the day to day activities of Bossasso port, smuggling of small arms, narcotic drugs, charcoal, piracy and the worst of them of them all “Human Traffickingâ€. You would think a place like this must be ruled by warlords if I didn’t tell you that it’s an actual state ruled by law and order.

Sadly this brutal trading in human suffering has been going on with the full knowledge of Puntland’s administration and Mr Duke here who is very keen on not reporting this to us as he does with southern Somalia's dirty laundry.

You make it sound as if the Puntland administration itself deals in narcotics trade, arms trade, charcoal export, people trafficking and piracy. As the authorities of NE Somalia its responsible, but there is where it ends. Organised criminal groups in Puntland operate these activities and are older and more established on Puntland soil than the Puntland administration itself. Different shady Puntland businessmen have taken advantage of the dark 1991-1998 era in NE Somalia. The only criminal activity successfully eradicated by Abdullahi Yusuf was the widespread banditry on the Galkayo-Bosasso highway. The rest even grew to industries since then, most notably the arms trade and people trafficking.

What is even worse is that you accuse the Puntland administration of condoning the latter said criminal activity. A punch below the belt, don't you think. We are talking about a state of law and order as you pointed out. The Puntland administration even arrests restaurants and cafetarias that are open for shop before Iftar during Ramadan. The TFG police chief Cali Madoobe is on a working trip in Bosasso to use the experience and knowledge of Puntland police chiefs in setting up a police force from scratch.

Fortunately, the Puntland Intelligence Services (PIS) was established with American assistance - part of the pledged $100 million of new funds by the Bush administration for the East African counter-terrorism initiative to boost the capabilities of states in the region such as Puntland - and is supposed to surveil, investigate and arrest suspected terrorists; monitor ports and airport in Puntland; and protect foreigners. Hopefully the PIS receives additional funds, because as you yourself reiterated, Puntland needs all the help it can get to monitor activities of its ports and airports.

But I'm afraid as long as Somalia has no effective central government, these criminal businesses in Puntland will continue to flourish. So let's pray that Abdullahi Yusuf succeeds in stabilizing and uniting the country.

SOO MAAL   

Originally posted by FyrKanten:

please don’t say CAYN is a region when it is in fact a district.

Please donot dream and say socalled Somaliland can be a state, when it is in fact a clan-faction - qabiil dowlad ma noqdo ( Dugsi male qabyaaladu waxay dumiso mooyee)

Xaasidsanaa! asna waxuu ku riyoonayaa in dowlad loo aqoonsadu, ummada illaahay na lama jecla xitaa gobol.

Originally posted by FyrKanten:

This is the day to day activities of Bossasso port, smuggling of small arms, narcotic drugs, charcoal, piracy and the worst of them of all
“Human Traffickingâ€.

It would seem that these are common, worldwide dilemmas, and not necessarily exclusive to the port city of Bossaso. But let's focus on the one you highlighted, namely "Human Trafficking." For instance, in the city of Seattle, there have been numerous cases of illegal people smuggling (esp. Chinese) done by none other than Chinese traffickers, some smuggling rings have been broken up by the U.S. authorities and others have not. So, because human trafficking still occurs on American soil, does that mean the U.S. gov't somehow condones it? :confused: PL has a long coastline and doesn't have the capability to gain complete control of its vast coast. But there is no way that the PL admin or the people of PL condone human trafficking.

Also, the people who are being "trafficked" are paying big bucks ($$$) for it; its completely voluntary, and in fact, only the financially-able can do it. This much is true in Seattle as its true in Bossaso. You make it sound as if those people are being forced to flee. And Bossaso just happens to be the closest Somali port to Yemen. Who's fault is that - other than geography.

Your argument holds no water. The U.N. didn't say Cadde Muuse has drug farms in PL. Nor did PL write the U.N. report. Stick to the topic and to the facts.

P.S. The same people who are now being "trafficked" are the same ones who once forced others to flee their homes by ship and by land. Many innocent folks perished in the ocean those days. As they say, what goes around, comes around.

Human Trafficking story (2002): http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/89576_rico03.shtml

Pi   

The same people who are now being "trafficked" are the same ones who once forced others to flee their homes by ship and by land. Many innocent folks perished in the ocean those days. As they say, what goes around, comes around.

Same ones? Most of the people being "trafficked" are not "militias". The militias would rather stay in Xamar. Of course by the "same ones", you just mean of the "same tribe", no? Heh! The gutter is lower than I thought. Wallow away, I guess.

Sky   

P.S. The same people who are now being "trafficked" are the same ones who once forced others to flee their homes by ship and by land. Many innocent folks perished in the ocean those days. As they say, what goes around, comes around.

Be careful bro, just say those victims are Puntlanders and give some folks a good night's rest. When I stated that the people being dumped in the ocean are from Southern Somalia - which is a fact - I was attacked from different flanks by Castro and Rahima, telling me that I was giving a bad picture of Southern Somalis. Of course they meant the tribe, for I'm more Southern than most nomads in here can dream of. Not many people can say that their family have lived in the city of Mogadishu since the 30s.

Check this, Range Resources has updated its website:

http://www.rangeresources.com.au/

Fyr   

It would seem that these are common, worldwide dilemmas, and not necessarily exclusive to the port city of Bossaso.

No one is denying that it’s a worldwide dilemma and not only limited to Bossasso. But that’s not the point here Wind, I was asking why Duke and for that matter Punlanders as a hole don’t post reports on these kind of activities on the forum instead of whining about a warlord who’s faraway from their respectively regions.

trafficking still occurs on American soil, does that mean the U.S. gov't somehow condones it? PL has a long coastline and doesn't have the capability to gain complete control of its vast coast. But there is no way that the PL admin or the people of PL condone human trafficking.

Wind, you and I know very well how well Somalis know each other and that there barely exist Somalis who don’t know their neighbours. Basically everyone knows what everyone does in their community, so if Punland’s gov wanted to catch these smugglers they would’ve done it long time ago. So yes to your Q Punland Admin does condones and it didn’t start with with Cade neither will end with him. I personally (not a fact) believe that a lot of Punland’s Administrations income comes from these types of activities.

And Bossaso just happens to be the closest Somali port to Yemen. Who's fault is that - other than geography.

There are three other countries in the region whom are closer to yemen than bossasso, belive me it’s not geography.

So mush for Somaliweyn

Rahima   

Be careful bro, just say those victims are Puntlanders and give some folks a good night's rest. When I stated that the people being dumped in the ocean are from Southern Somalia - which is a fact - I was attacked from different flanks by Castro and Rahima, telling me that I was giving a bad picture of Southern Somalis. Of course they meant the tribe, for I'm more Southern than most nomads in here can dream of. Not many people can say that their family have lived in the city of Mogadishu since the 30s.

You really are traumatized by that topic aren’t you sky :D .

Dude, what you were trying to do was obvious for all to see. You see, you did not want for all us to think that the people fleeing were from PL considering that the port was Bosaaso because then that would lead to the natural thinking that things must be pretty bad in PL for people to be fleeing. You see, no one was thinking that, everyone was more worried about the lost lives, but you turned the topic all ugly by mentioning that which was of no use and then trying to pass it off as fact. Even if that boat was full of southerners, I’m sure there is another boat full of PLs. Somalis are all the same in their bid to leave the country ;) .

Bottom line, even if the whole boat was full of southerners and Bengalis, it does not matter and it is that which you missed.

Now let it rest will you. It's over, over ya hear.

Sky   

Even if that boat was full of southerners, I’m sure there is another boat full of PLs. Somalis are all the same in their bid to leave the country
;)

Yes you are absolutely right, there is also another boat full with Puntlanders. Happy now.

There is no point for both of us to discuss if Puntlanders are trafficked as well or not. The facts are out there. If you start to ignore facts, because they hurt you. Than my darling you are suffering from cuqdad qabiil. Something I diagnosed from you a while ago.

Xoogsade   

Indeed, what goes around, comes around. We waited in Xamar while the rest of the country was being burnt, properties appropriated, innocents buried alive, tied behind jeeps and their skin fell off piece by piece just because of who they were tribewise.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by wind.talker:

P.S. The same people who are now being "trafficked" are the same ones who once forced others to flee their homes by ship and by land. Many innocent folks perished in the ocean those days. As they say,
what goes around, comes around.

Dude you are sick to the core and have no cure, you cannot be helped by a Doctor or even in a rehabilation among those that may bring comfort back to you.

And for your info the innocent dying in the high seas merit your sombre mood and if you cant give them that shut your mouth and dont say anythiung incase you may utter rubbish foqal rubbish which you just did.

:mad: :mad:

Indeed, what goes around, comes around.

To whom is the saying applied to?

We waited in Xamar while the rest of the country was being burnt, properties appropriated, innocents buried alive, tied behind jeeps and their skin fell off piece by piece just because of who they were tribewise

:eek: :eek: Where and when were these actions committed?

kidd   

Lunacy is kick’n again! distinctive nomads will never be matured, it runs in their blood!

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts" Sayidkii

Jabhad   

Dagaal Dhex Maray Dad Soomaali iyo Ethiopian oo tahriibayaal ah iyo Kuwa Doomaha lagu tahriibo Wata oo Xiligaa Doonayay inay Badda ku Guraan Tahtiibayaasha iyada oo 21 Qof ay ku geeriyoodeen oo ay ku Jiraan Naaquudiyaashii iyo shaqaalahii Doonta

Hobyonet.Muqdisho.Khamiis, Oct 13, 2005.

Ilaa 21 ruux ayaa ku geeriyootay markii dagaal hubeysan uu dhex maray kooxo tahriibayaal Soomaali iyo Afrikaan isugu jira iyo milkiilayaasha doon ay ku tahriibayeen oo ku dhowayd xeebaha Yemen.

Rakaabka ee saarnaa doonidaasi ayaa lagu sheegay in ka badan 50 ruux,iyadoo ay ka soo shiraacatay dalka somali gaaar ahaan Puntland waxaana dadkii saarnaa ay isugu jireen Soomali iyo dad kale oo Afrikaan ah.

Dagaalkan ayaa waxa uu dhacay 7 dii fiidnimo ee habeenimadii talaadada aynu ka soo gudubnay waxaana dadkaan ay saarnaayeen dooni lagu tahriibo oo laga leeyahay dalka Somaliya taasoo ku soo dhawaatay xeebaha degaanka Al-xeybala ee gobolka Shabuuh ee dalka Yemen.

Al-ayaam oo ah Wargeeys ka soo baxa dalka Yemen ayaa waxa uu sheegay in dadka rakaabka ah ee soo badbaaday ay xaqiijiyeen in dagaalka uu dhacay ka dib markii naakhuudihii iyo shaqaalihii kale ee ka shaqeynayay doonta ay rasaas ku fureen rakaabka si ay ugu qasbaan in ay doonida uga dagaan badda, taasoo sabab u noqotey in dadkii rakaabka ahaa ay weeraraan naakhuudihii doonta waday iyo ilaalada kale ee la socotey si ay hubka uga furtaan iyada oo wararka Dheeraadka ahna ayt sheegayaan In Naaquudiyahii iyo Shaqaalahii doonta ay geeriyoodeen iyo 15 Ethiopian ah .

Waa markii ugu horeeysay ee Dadka Doomaha ku tahriiba ay Dagaal kala Hortagaan Kuwa Dhiiga Dadka ka ganacsada ee Iyagu Badda ku gura Rakaabka taasoo keentay Iminka inanay iyagu aanay badbaadin oo Hubkii ay siteen laga Furto oo dadka rakaabka ahi ay kala Doortaan Laba Dhimasho Midkii u roon inay Badda ku geeriyoodaan iyo Inay isla Dhintan Ninka Qoriga haysta ee Badda ku guraya Macna La'aanta taasoo Markii danbe ay asiibeen inay Iyaga la dagaalamaan oo hubka ka Furtaan inta ka Badbaada Rasaasta .

Mustafa Nuur Ridil

Muqdisho

There was a somali saying, "Cagtii joogsan weeysaa mar beey ceeb lakulantaa". Cashar weeyn oo lasiiyay tuugada caadeeysatay ineey dadka miskiinta ah bada ku daadiso

As usual, people opt to kill the messenger without giving the message deeper thought.

I said:

...what goes around, comes around.

What do I mean by that, some of you rightfully wonder. Now, let me start by asking a simple question: When did the Somali civil war start?

If you ask a resident of Hargeisa or Burco, they'll tell you that the Somali civil war started in 1988 when Somalia's air force began bombing parts of northern Somalia. If you ask a resident of Xamar (i.e. me), they'll tell you that the war started in 1991. Now, since the residents of Xamar and those of Hargeisa are both Somali, how come they offer two different answers? :confused:

During the 1988-1990 period, while we lived peacefully in Xamar and had not yet been affected by the already ongoing Somali civil war, thousands of innocent Somalis were being slaughtered in the North, and thousands more were forced to flee. Back then, Xamar residents didn't know shit about being refugees - but Hargeisa residents did. And why were Hargeisa and Burco bombed? We can beat around the bush for a millenia, but it comes down to qabiil. When you bomb Hargeisa, you know the majority of the innocents who die are from one Somali clan.

Enter 1991: The same people who were then oppressing the innocent citizens of northern Somalia were in turn killed and forced to flee from Xamar and its environs. Why? Same answer: just like the people of Hargeisa couldn't stand the oppression of the regime, the natives of Xamar had enough of the corruption and nepotism that was ruining Somalia as we knew it. They took their guns and...well, let's just say the then-powerful kinfolk now sit under the disgraceful banner of the Defeated Lot.

Now, in 2005, the same people who forced some citizens of Xamar (i.e. the Defeated Lot) to flee their homes are now fleeing theres, using Boosaaso as an exit route. And so the cycle that started in the 1980s continues, affecting the lives of people who had nothing to do with the oppression or expulsion of anyone else. But, its politics and the innocents always pay the price for the leaders' mistakes and get caught in the middle of the crossfire.

So, like I said, what goes around comes around. Take it or leave it.

FRYKANTEN:

You're right: some of SOL's PL torchbearers delve themselves into the affairs of others a bit too much. However, you have to recognize that the U.N. report didn't concern Boosaaso and its human and arms trafficking problems; rather, the report concerned Indhocade and his illegal drug trade in southern Somalia. Besides, can you blame Duke for posting news items? The nigga posts anything that he thinks lands Col Yeey potential political points: for instance, since Indhocade is accused of having drug farms, the TFG-Jowhar gets moral backup to fight that kind of "evil." You get it, right? Its all about political points, buddy.