Sign in to follow this  
lulla

MAKE A FILM

lulla   

Asalaam calykum everyone?

How are you guys doing?how is life?

God i haven't been here for so long! I missed everyone, even those i couldn't stand. ;)

Anyways, i want to share something i been thinking about lately. Through my friends, i meet this lady who makes films and she show me a film she made called"Imagine Peace" and it was very inspiring film.So i asked the lady if she can make me a film. in the film, i want to interview young, middle age, and older somalis and i want them to talk about how they felt about the war, their expectation of the future, the things they can do to support people back home,and ect.You guys, i really want to do this. I want to ask older people their advice to younger generation and how they can work together.I mean this can turn something important. Than after the film is done, i will gather the somali people in Atlanta and show to them.Than afterward, i want to have discussion. What do you guys think? Help me think a name for the film.

I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS!YOU GUYS ARE THE FIRST I TOLD. ;);)

Abdinuur   

Lulla, welcome back. Yeh..it's been a while.

Well, just wanna wish you luck with the project. I think if everyone participates, it'll turn out nice.

I don't have any experiences or stories about the war but I'll give you my opinions and ideas for the film.

Is this for Atl people, and how come the sistas are not involved in this?

Wish You Luck. smile.gif

Haneefah   

wlc back dear!

I think it's a great idea, it's an interesting way of reaching out to our youth at the same time involving our elders. GO FOR IT ;)

About the name, I think i'll leave that for our artistic nomads.

lulla   

Kaafi: Hey, long time no chat.lol..how u been?

Thanxs for the support..Actually, i want everyone to be in it.brothers, sister, mothers,fathers, grandparents, and even little kids.This not only for ATL people. It is for all somalis all over the world.

Nafisa:Thanxz sister!

It is good idea to look at war from the perspective of the "the Generation in Exile"...Good luck

As for a name, Here goes one, " Qurbo Iyo Qabiil"....Thats if yu wanna focus on the destructive nature of tribalism that tore our society apart. or " Qurbo Iyo Qaxarkayda"....If yu wanna on the plight of somalis in diasporo, and the generation gap between the elders n da youth, and how the two can be brought together.

I hope da names made some sense....lol

Later

Originally posted by Che:

"Qurbo Iyo Qaxarkayda"

sp. more like Qaxarkiisa che. ;)

Luula, welcome back. Why don't you honor the nomads here you left behind and name the documentary after us nomads. Here is my suggestion.

Name: CAANO GEEL LULA.

which mean, shake some camel milk.

This is the kind of "artistic" name that can capture the imagination of the white/western folks. ;)

The "lula" part is actually close to your username and the caano geel is a symbol of this website.