Sign in to follow this  
Naomi_B

Social Life

Malika   

Lol, Lily, Nah! I stick with my interpretation of what is xawaash.My understanding is what we put in the Maraaq,is xawaash,what we put in the tea is xawaash ,they are just different types of xawaash.

Ibtisam   

Lily Me too, my interpretation is correct.. I'm nealry 100% sure. Edo always asks me to make Qaxwa with xawash and I make tea with xawash, I'm sure all these years she would have pointed it out. :D

looool, HAHA at people with small ears! looooll.

Lily xawaasha is not word...what is the collective name for these tea xawaash's that you have listed?

NGONGE   

Xawash is in fact an Arabic word. It means followers or family. It was usually used to refer to the entourage that follows kings or leaders (these would include family in addition to employees, friends and associates). The use of the word in that context implies that the centre of attention was the king/leader himself. The rest were mere dressing to add to his greatness. Isn't that exactly what spices do to food (or drink)? You have a cup of TEA with mint, a leg of CHICKEN with spices, etc.

I have no idea what crazy Somali meanings you attribute to the word (though I'm sure some smart person will soon tell us) but its original meaning is what I outlined above. Having said that, no food or drink is complete without a sprinkling of xawash. A bit like my contributions on various threads I suppose. :D

There is two sets of xawaashes, Xawaash Qaxwee, and Xawaash Hilib, differntly they go to different pots,Xawaash Qaxwee goes to tea, not bunn or coffee, and Xawaash hilib goes to heavy duty soups(Suugo),and mainly meat dish or/and dalac meats, & isku dhexkaris, the latter one gives a good and sweet smelling flavour for the food which is the main course of the dish.

apart from that, then there is :filfil, geedo adari for stew meats.

These kids are from semsem street, needs big time dhaqan-celis. ;)

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Ghanima:

Naomi and Nephthys, don't be so close minded,

Not everyone that does not agree with every whimsical and logically untenable notion you have is close-minded. Waxaa kaa soo hartay quuq iyo naq naq.

Be civil to others walaaleey. GEEZ!

Ibtisam   

Not everyone that does not agree with every whimsical and logically untenable notion you have is close-minded. Waxaa kaa soo hartay quuq iyo naq naq.

Be civil to others walaaleey. GEEZ

I never mentioned everyone, nor did I say agree with every notion I have (where did you get that idea from?) I just mentioned your own (or rather Noaim) interpretations of a word is not my understanding of the same word. I don't expect you to change your (her) own interpretations, I just expect to you (and her) acknowledge and move one. Just because YOU (or she) has not heard of it, it does not mean that it does not exist! that was the closes mindedness I was referring to.

As for being civil, I've have been very civil with you, If I have not been civil to you, sheeko, if you are speaking on someone’s behalf, they have aaf and gamco to make their own complaints walaaleey, and everyone is an adult.

Nac nac is getting too much over some little terms, baal waayeh I'll let it be. Take it to space for all I care, kings, queens says Ngonge and sharamarkee speaks of hilib :rolleyes: I'm out :cool:

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Ghanima:

Just because YOU (or she) has not heard of it, it does not mean that it does not exist! that was the closes mindedness I was referring to.

OK but tell me, does your mind being open and accepting got you to this point:

my interpretation is correct.. I'm nealry 100% sure. Edo always asks me to make Qaxwa with xawash and I make tea with xawash, I'm sure all these years she would have pointed it out

^ or is it a closed off attitude and you don't see the need to open your mind to an outsider's[non Somalilander] perspective? However, I think that the belief that your aunt is unquestioningly right is rather high level of arrogance.

As for being civil, I've have been very civil with you, If I have not been civil to you, sheeko, if you are speaking on someone’s behalf, they have aaf and gamco to make their own complaints walaaleey, and everyone is an adult.

Pray tell, do you have a license from LST to to be civil to some and abuse/attack others? And yes, I'm speaking for her. Gabadhan cusub eed korka ka kortay, waa ina lagaa dajiyaa. [nonetheless, do continue to be civil towards me yaah, abbaayo inaar :D ]

Let's not divert from the main focus of this thread, "UK Losers".. markaa waqti badan ha ku sii dhumin Xawaash and Qaxwo. I'm sure you have other things that are more paramount or usefull to learn than those. Ha kuu macaato hadaba, caddeey.

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

People change after marriage cuz priorities change...

Key word, Priority. I love the way some girls say When I get married I will do this, that and the other Which is more important, social life or your marriage? Dumar xan kama dhamaadaan at the end of the day, so the less time you spend with you female friends the better.

Faheema.   

^ lol, No....in fact I have very few [authentic] close friends whom I would like to keep in touch with once I get married. I.A. I made that comment because I have seen what so called friends could do to loving and stable marriages and I don't blame any woman who cuts off friends after marriage. :D

I cant live happily without friends, u know the occasional woman talks XAN included Allaha noo danbi dhaafee plus I cant revolve my whole life after marraige on marriage and what comes/generated by it.

Wont have time for generous wondow shoppings though.

NGONGE   

Ok. I hoped someone else would say this and god only knows how I walked around with a big smile on my face all day. But someone has to say it, someone must. Zafir and Johnny are neglecting this place if I'm truly honest. Oh well, here goes:

Ladies falling out over a bit of Xawash! Priceless :D

Skipper   

Ngonge am still geting used to this place and what is your role at SOL? Do you keep the register of who is present and who is not since you said that Zafir and Johhny are negleting this place?