Sign in to follow this  
Naomi_B

Social Life

Skipper   

Zafir how is that possible? Last time i checked i was a grown up. Zafir plz lets leave this hide and sick game to the kids and tell the truth.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Zafir:

I prefer playing phone tag, wanna give me a call Skipper.

Zafir, don't tempt the poor fella. What would become of his 7year long relationship once you throw your stunning self at him? Naga daa yaakhee :D . relationship wrecker ha noqon.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Skipper:

Ngonge am still geting used to this place and what is your role at SOL? Do you keep the register of who is present and who is not since you said that Zafir and Johhny are negleting this place?

I keep track of the experts in each field, saaxib.

When there are girl fights it’s usually over the big kahuna and not xawash. Every group on here have their style and place by the way. Zafir and Johnny are the self-declared studs. Rudy the leader of the newly formed FFM. There a few religious folks. A few political (usually one issue) campaigners and many silent lurkers. I’m not sure where to place you in all of this.

I, of course, stand alone in my know-it-all smugness. :cool:

social life...check this out!!

skipper...ngonge is the quasi-mak-daddy!! he mastered the faarax dream! how to tame the xalimo.. learn from him if u heading that direction.

Social life = waste of time which = money + energy.

This is my opinion and no reason for you guys to take defense. I think there's no point to window shopping, going out with bunch of girls and eating outside, laughing laud and talking shit about other people as that is what girls do. Crushing to weddings and dancing all night till the sun rises is the worst habit a person can have.

My idea of social life is; studying with two or three of your friends in the library or in a coffee shop. Inviting all your friends to the masjid and hanging together while you attend Muhadarah, going to bowling once a month with your best buddies (no more than 2), playing Tense in the summer with one friend.

I was never a social person and if being social means going to weddings, movies, restaurants, and other girls’ houses, then heck I’d rather be the shy nerd my cousins call me.

Hehe.... I love my habayar, she once told me: “ Naago badan faa iido maleh”

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Ghanima:

Just because YOU (or she) has not heard of it, it does not mean that it does not exist! that was the closes mindedness I was referring to.

OK but tell me, does your mind being open and accepting got you to this point:

quote:

my interpretation is correct..
I'm nearly
100% sure. Edo always asks me to make Qaxwa with xawash and I make tea with xawash, I'm sure all these years she would have pointed it out
:D

^ or is it a closed off attitude and you don't see the need to open your mind to an outsider's[non Somalilander] perspective? However, I think that the belief that your aunt is unquestioningly right is rather high level of arrogance.

Maybe you need to read this again, you seem to have missed the point! Understand it in the contexts Khaina and Lily and me were speaking in. Oh and do quote my grins, they are there for a reason. I was simply maintaining that what me and khania said was the northern interpretation, I had already stated in the thread above about dialect difference. Hence I was not in anyway saying this is the overall meaning.

By the way “nearly 100%” has a margin of error, or did you fail to notice that as well? What is a high level of arrogance according to you I don’t care too much for to be honest, I was not after your approval, but I was simply pointing out that someone who has taught me all the Somali I know, would’ve corrected me about a simple misuse of words. If you would like to attach far fetch connotations to my reasoning, then by all means go ahead.

I'm not willing to result to cheap shots and misquotation and random assumptions, so I'm just leave it at that.

All I have to say is you should not hide behind someone else if you have a problem. I do not believe that out of the goodness of your heart you felt she needed help from you to "get me off her back" If you care so much perhaps you can help her in other much needed ways.

p.s. Your selectivity is amusing to say the least, after all, I have not said anything which can be classed as "abuse/attack" so maybe shidaan baa kuu daqhaqee and persuaded you to jump out the bush and crash land or you just saw an opportunity too good to pass. In any case, I’m almost certain that this had nothing to do with xaawash or Naomi, so please soo caddeso waaxad aniga ii duul saarantah or leave me be.

By the way Nephy, she joined in 2005, innat taa yarr eeh cuusub indeed. :rolleyes:

Naomi_B   

Well well well people what do we have here?

Xawaash and me being discussed in a heated debate.

This goes out to Ghanima - I just have a few things to add to what Nephthys stated.

1 - Xawaash is a term used by the MAJORITY of somalis to describe spices normally used in somali and indian foods (curries, suugo, hilib, chicken, etc).. it has nothing to do with the bloody dialect as I know most of the dialects (north/south/west).. if you ask any Somalilander/ reer Xamar / reer mudug or reer Galbeed - xawaash simply goes in sauces, cardamom (Heyl) with dhegoyare grinded together is added to SHAH..

I Can't believe Im explaining this to someone who stated Tea = Qaxwo..

If so, what is SHAH? A bloody pint of lager?

:rolleyes:

2 - Nephthys was right when she said you basically jumped down my throat for no apparant reason (even resorting to calling me 16 - when the topic at hand was merely about social interactions and hobbies ppl take up pre and post marriage.. what da hell did my age have to do with it? and you getting personal about me?) :rolleyes:

and 3) How do you like a taste of your own medicine? 2 bitter for your liking?

Ibtisam   

^^Darling Xawaash can be what ever you like for all I care, I am sure you travelled in all those places to enquire about what they term as Xawaash- taking into account colloquially use and/or literally meanings. In any case I’m not even bothered :D

I don't know what your point 3 is about. if it is in reference to Nephthys little display then no it is not too bitter, just classically underhanded way at getting to me and unhelpful to you (Oh did you think she was helping you?.. you poor thing) :D As you insist Ciyaal maa teehid, stand on your own.

Your selective reading is also amusing, I have just looked thorough this thread and your other one, sounds like I'm not the only one who thinks and has said you sound like 16yr. That is my opinion, you might think I'm a jackas*s, while nephthys thinks I'm arrogant. I don’t care, people are always going to have opinions of you, deal with it or ignore it, but no need to have kittens. It is called life.

As for getting personal, that is not personal, I can give you an example of me getting personal if you want. That was my impression. You sound like a 16yr, maa ciirkaad soo ridi? I could share few more of my impressions of you, but they are so bad they'll probably break the Golden rules. smile.gif

After all that either waa ceeytamin or you’ll be like “I don’t care what you think of me” :rolleyes:

This is so silly, it is embarrassing and far beneath me :rolleyes: Every time I tried to end it waad iigaa taaba timiadaa. This time I’m not coming back to this silliness :mad: ( and no that is not arrogance, this is just pathetic, I cannot believe I’ve let myself stoop this low and providing entertainment for the likes of Ngonge! :D)

Naomi_B   

Ghanima,

lol I personally believe you're just islaan isku buuqtay, why else would you be obsessed with all this ciyaal / 16 yr old business.

hun you said you nearly 30 so act like it

me personally I would've never though of you as hitting the big 3-0, for most 30 yr olds I know hardly have time to themselves let alone be on the net calling ppl ciyaal/16/wotnot.

Walee you cracked me up with " I could share few more of my impressions of you, but they are so bad they'll probably break the Golden rules. "

Maskiin,to be honest that sounds like what my 78 yr old neighbour would be caught saying in a fight.. Are you sure you shouldn't be browsing Hiiran.com?

Calaacalka naga jooji, Waad isku Buuqday, orod faraxada utag..