Sign in to follow this  
mantra

Hijab...does it really work?

Taliban   

Originally posted by mantra:

Taliban, thank you very much for confusing me further with tales of spinach and desserts

Much obliged. smile.gif

Originally posted by Peplow throb:

If, you want to wear the Hijab stay at home. You are not in a muslim country.

Were you not the same guy who cried Somalis were becoming more and more godless people? Talk about hypocrisy.

Originally posted by mantra:

I fail to see what is so appealing..

15_1.JPG

That looks friggin' scary.

But you look good :D

underdog   

Originally posted by Peplow throb:

If, you want to wear the Hijab stay at home. You are not in a muslim country.

hmmm

I believe in the religion of Islam. I believe in Allah and peace.

Muhammad Ali

so I guess, the Muhammad Ali quote is just for when you're at home too.

Stay home kulaha, sounds like you're too chicken to represent your religion outside your house...so sad.

If Wearing sensible clothing that's Islam compliant and socially acceptable is such a hot topic maybe y'all are just looking for a reason..."what if..." - Yeah well that's between you and Allah, isn't it? http://www.shukronline.com/womens.html

Source   

15_1.JPG
[/QB]

I always thought only Lazy women wear this :D . Seriously though whats wrong with wearing something like this, http://www.shukronline.com/womens.html which at least has some sort of style. Why do some of our women feel, by covering up means wearing a tent icon_razz.gif , I know it does the job, but lets be more creative.

Sole purpose of wearing Hijab is not to avoid male attention, we are not beasts .. I'm sure most of us can deal with our urges,

Ibtisam   

^^^Wrong if there was no men, women would not have to wear a hijab! and yes you are all beast, you even hit on those who wear the "jalibies" AKA tents!

Some are more creative, the are pink! :D

AAliyah416 thats dat whole point dear :D

-Lily-   

lol@you are all beasts. I think this discussion is pointless. If you want to wear hijab wear it, if you don't spare us. Lets leave the sisters who do wear full hijab in peace, regardless of how scary, unfashionable or pointless it may seem to you :rolleyes: .

There are many more reasons besides avoiding male attention women wear hijab, for example to remind themselves that the body is temporary and the soul eternal, and that the emphasis should be on your soul not how 'hot' you look. Most of all, men should get past their arrogance, women wear it for the sake of Allah. I mean if a man asked you to cover up and it wasn't decreed by Allah (SWT)just how many women would? It takes a lot of courage & self discipline to wear such a full-on hijab.

3d   

Originally posted by Source:

quote:
15_1.JPG

I always thought only Lazy women wear this
:D
. Seriously though whats wrong with wearing something like this,
which at least has some sort of style. Why do some of our women feel, by covering up means wearing a tent
icon_razz.gif
, I know it does the job, but lets be more creative.

[/QB]
Well maybe because it fits the criteria of the hijab mar better and its the correct form of the islamic hijab...

http://www.shukronline.com/womens.html does not compare with the jilbaab