Sign in to follow this  
mantra

Hijab...does it really work?

mantra   

I've been pondering on this question for a while now, im not saying women shouldn't be covered, it is Allah's command afterall and we should all strive to obey our Creator. However i've just noticed that I get more unwanted male attention now that I wear the full hijab.

I've had all sorts of indecency hurled at me, maybe I should just take it off..all this fitnah kinda defeats its purpose anyway..

I fail to see what is so appealing..

15_1.JPG

mantra   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

quote: all this fitnah kinda defeats its purpose anyway..

You ain't the one initiating the fitna.How does it defeat the purpose?
apparently the hijab is enticing or as one Nigerian man put it, "it's sexy"...doesnt that deafeat the purpose of wearing one if it attracts men?

Lost-One   

No it doesn't sister, granted there are some sick minded individuals out there, I remember my old biology teacher telling me once that he was fascinated with women who wore full veils. He even went as far as admitting that he was more "turned on" by his imagination of what was under the veil than actually seeing actual flesh that is so casually displayed in the western world.

However you must consider the attention you would get without a hijaab. At least whilst you wear your hijaab it's no fault of yours. People will commit sins regardless at least this way you have no part in it.

Having said that I’m a strong believer that women should not be harassed regardless of what she chooses to wear, by blaming a woman you’re submitting to an idea that men lack self control and must be kept at bay.

Mmmmh...moving on and hopefully without sounding like a hypocrite I’d like to say that I don’t wear a hijaab myself (I’m working on it) but I’ve always wondered why the Somali community treated the hijaab as a required dress code rather than an Islamic obligation which symbolises your faith and protects you from xaraam. Parents tend to enforce the hijaab as a sign of respect to the community rather than a religious obligation. Lets face it we’ve all seen the common sight of a hijaab teamed with trendy clothes (not so xalaal clothes) and many people won’t bat an eye lid about it. Yet when parents are asked why the hijaab they’ll rant on about the community and how “ceeb” it is and then the religious aspect of course. They’ll say I’m attention seeking when I prance about with my jeans yet I’ve seen women wearing full hijaabs get “checked out”, so who’s to blame?

Better yet don’t answer that…

Blessed   

Salaams,

You've said:

....it is Allah's command afterall and we should all strive to obey our Creator.

And I agree 105%. So How does some morons maro fetish defeat the above purpose?

Fee Amman Allah.

Ibtisam   

i think Hijab is over rated. But at the end of the day it depends what you are doing it for. ~If for people, to avoide attention, to hide yourself, or to be admired then there is no point. But if it is for allah sake then you'll just have to put up with strange people. In any case regardles of how covered you are there are always some sicko's who will try their luck. This is not helped by some supposed covered sisters who have little regard for what they wear, and do all sorts.

In any case i will advise you to keep it on, while you feel like you are doing it for allah, if that mindset changes take it off.

Johnny B   

Originally posted by mantra:

15_1.JPG

so do i, it's as sexy as a Tent ,one thing is for sure though , Nigerian guyz are good for beeing a "kept man". :D

mantra   

Originally posted by J B:

quote:Originally posted by mantra:

[qb]

so do i, it's as sexy as a Tent ,one thing is for sure though , Nigerian guyz are good for beeing a "kept man".
:DJB I resent the hidden meaning of your statement, and I wouldn't be surpised if there were in fact men who found tents sexy..

Ibtisam hijab isnt overrated, and quite honestly im not thinking about taking it off (although I seemed to get a lot of peace when I walked around half naked), I just feel as if im doing something wrong here..

hijab isnt just the clothes, my whole demeanor personifies the perfect muslimah (quite modestly put :D ), with the exception of online behaviour..yet still..

Ibtisam   

^^^loo^^ good on you then dear. When i mean overrated don't take it as offence, i ve nothing against hijab, I just think people make a bigger deal out of it then they should.

although I seemed to get a lot of peace when I walked around half naked

lool.

Taliban   

Originally posted by mantra:

Oftentimes, what appeals to humans isn't good for them, in fact, it's harmful to them. Take an example in adultery and fornication; it appeals to humans, yet everyone knows its damaging (pregnancy, abortion, spreading HIV & STD, broken families, iwm) effects to society. The example of Islam vs what appeals to humans is spinach vs crème caramel:

spinach.jpg vs CremeKaramel.jpg

Spinach isn't visually appealing, not easy on the tongue and saliva, yet it's a natural product that if you eat regularly it provides many benefits to your health. The crème caramel, however, is visually appealing and very easy on the tongue and saliva, yet it's an artificial product that if you eat regularly it can cause serious damage to your health.

Shakti   

Aint u the one who is losing it? I mean, losing her mind .. . I think u see things in reverse manners, Hence for these weird observations .. ha ha ha or maybe ur hijab is releasing this weird aroma that attracts these unwanted male attention.. if that’s the case..than may i suggest: do what most xalimos do, and fry some sombosa b4 u leave home and say goodbye 2 those male attension.

I hope that helps, if not, than knock the daylight out of those men (trust me, no judge will find u guilty since u r losing ur mind ..sax?)

Ibtisam   

^^^lool is that what lack of sleep does dear

Peplow

waan kaa yaab.

If, you want to wear the Hijab stay at home. You are not in a muslim country.

so much for you saying somalis are lost, i think you've been lost a while. what has her dress sense got to do with anything. If i walk on the street naked (which i'm entitled to do if i see fit) or i cover head to toe, no one can tell me to stay at home. :cool:

mantra   

devilangle..nice memory, the very source of my current gradual slip into madness is because of this very factor!

sexual harassement (especially coming from nigerians) is enough to drive anyone to lala land at full speed, having said that my state of mind isnt the topic, nor does it affect my perception of things, there are a bunch of sickos running around chasing the cabaya..

my point is...well there is no point...

Taliban, thank you very much for confusing me further with tales of spinach and desserts, Ibtisam some help please?