Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

One man, and Two sisters!!

NGONGE   

^^ Usheeg ayeeyo. For a minute there I thought there was something wrong with my Somali (it's the English that she didn't get). :D

The "wasaq" got the girl after we hastily changed the subject and mentioned that someone we knew lived in a similar house down the road. But there was a split second of uncomfortable silence before that. :D

Blessed   

^LOL.

Abtigiis;684073 wrote:
Maanigaa la ii qarinayaa waa Faarax iiman la'.
:D
Imman la' is a realy a different issue. Looking for new pasture when the old is overgrazed is a natural instinct of living organisms.
:D
That is not iimaan li'i; it is called cosobsi.

LOL.. Miyaa la ii qarinayaa, ku yeh. Maxaa la yidhi, 'dhagar qabe, dhulkaa u dhaqdhaqaaqa'. Anywa, iska cosbso. Siddii la ogaa ayaad calaacal ku danbayn ood odhan 'ceeb uun baa iga raacday'...

Abtigiis   

loooooooooooo@inta kore u weyn! :D The guy waa rageedii, wuu sii cabirtay line la isku dheererinaayo. I hope he has the stoutness to deal with the menacing chest!

Juxa   

lol 2010 was good year for you ngonge, you finally managed to tell apart iyada from isaga.

Blessed wasaqa inla siiyo gabar maba aheyn, waxase taa ka daran Ngonge being his best mate

Malika   

:D the above exchanges were highly entertaining..:D

Ngonge, saxibkaa lamaa weydiinin how he knew the sizes of the bedrooms? lol

NGONGE   

^^ We did later and he tried to waffle. But, luckily, our excuses worked during the meeting. Nin waalan bu ahaa. Actually, still is. :D

Juxa   

malika i will not be suprised ninka waalan haduu meeshan ka tirsanyahay

this place is heaving with wax kaniini kuwada socda

NGONGE   

Juxa;684143 wrote:
malika i will not be suprised ninka waalan haduu meeshan ka tirsanyahay

this place is heaving with wax kaniini kuwada socda

Eesh cala gardaro bila sabab!

Juxa   

well sofar your deeqsinimo to help him seek a bride isagoo sida u falfalxun maadan explain gareyn, which makes me wonder if he is a member uu kugu waalay kaalay iraac or worse you went along as a bet.

now is it kaniini mise cirbad? or combination of both

NGONGE;684045 wrote:
Apropos of nothing, I once went (along with the customary old men) to ask for a girl's hand for a friend of ours. As we sat there having the usual chit chat, one of our group commented about the spacious size of the living room we were are in. The groom, in a classic A&T faux pas and in a very clear voice replied "Haa waa goodh saayis, waliba xaga sare ka weyn".

Brilliant. Small talk gets you into deep sh*t.;)

Chimera   

Abtigiis;683992 wrote:

Chimera,

I usually don't like to disagree with you, but you are wrong there.
You can date a girl for 6 years
, and her family might not know about it. But I have my doubts as to the authenticity of the whole story. It really doesn't happen these days. Waa laga ilbaxay wax oo dhan. I once dated a girl who said we have to wait until her sister is engaged, and I waited for sometime, everytime the girl was promising after two months ayaa loo soo fadhiisanayaa, but the guys changed their mind somehow; so in the end, I tabled an ultimatum.

Pretty disturbing if you can date a sister for 6 years and their family are ignorant of this. This would register in my mind as a girl that's not really valued by her relatives, for none of my sisters would be able to pull that off considering how paramount the family is in their lives, and word would eventually reach our ears, probably within a single month. I doubt I could date a girl for 6 years and not feel the urge for her to meet my family, and me eventually meeting her family.

I guess i'm old-fashioned.

Abtigiis   

Chimera, you are not old-fashioned, no. Matter of fact, you are very much young and modern too. The concept of dating needs to be elaborated a bit for you to understand why it is possible and why the family may have no clue about it. The dating is not one which involves going for dinner togather and picking up the girl from her house.

Picture a conservative old-fashioned family with three nubile girls ready for action. :D You are in the same school with the middle one, who just completed her secondary school and is keen to start college studies. You love each other but you know it is long time before you can publicise it, or you think it is too soon and inappropriate for both of you to inform your families. The girl is 18 years old, you are a 24 year old boy. How will she introduce you to the family? Or why would you go to see her families at this stage?

The usual practice rustic men, like me, know is to tell the girl not to publicise the matter because we don't want to be held responsible if in the middle of the love-matter, we decide to go elsewhere. :DPublicising a love affair is not only bad because it invites jelously and interference, it is also bad because it imposes an atmosphere of emotional monopoly and kills competition. My own cousin Xaashi was my role model on this front. His key operative langauage was 'afkaaga hayso', his favourite song 'maxaad sheekadni". He neverl liked girls to learn about where his heart belongs to. And that is how he managed to outscore everybody in passion-assets. :D This is a joke, but it is generally the case people want to keep their love-affair private. If the girl is living in a different city than where the family is (the college is located elsewhere), and she doesn't want to tell her family and friends about you, how will they hear about it? This is not to say all families will not hear about it; certainly, there are some more detective-likes, like the one you told us, but there is a possibility some others might be like the ones you described. Not only a possibility, but with a reasonable probablity of it being the case.

Otherwise, how would you explain the countless number of Ismahan's, Xaali's, Cudbi's,Aragsan's,Macadaro's et al that we danced or dined with, without ever knowing if their mothers are white or black, or if they have any for that matter? Unless, you want to generalise that all our expolits were in vain because we werfelling vulnerable street kids all this time! :D :D All were not orphans, I can tell you that!

Juxa   

allowing a man inuu ku qariyo waxa ka roon inaad isduugto adoo nool

he should be honored and delighted to be seen within 10miles radius of your presence, but then again every rule has its exceptions (abtigiis & xaashi)