Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

The History of Chauvinism-Created Union

I don't know who's convincing who what?

As matter of particularity, there's no effective opposition from Somalia as far as the issue of Somaliland secession is concerned. Seriously, no one in Somalia can legaly, militarily or economically stop Somaliland from seceding. The only spoiler here could be Puntland and if Sarwaal gaab decide blowing up places.

I think the lads in here from Somaliland are simply taking frustrations out on the southerners for failure to secure recognition. What southerners want or think is irrelevent since we are in no position to do anything to stop secession as long as we are self-destructing.

Originally posted by Mintid Farayar:

A)if being the only failed state in the world,

B)having the worst infant mortality rates anywhere,

C)being labeled by UNHCR the greatest humanitarian disaster in the world,

D)serving as the hub of human-trafficking for the entire region,

E)having the most pirate-infested waters in the world, surpassing the Straits of Malacca,

F)a place where human-body parts are harvested from living humans

E)where the global evil of illegal drug farming has been introduced, contrary to the traditional religion and culture -

Check Mintid's list. These yaa Jammaacah are the secessionist talking points. This is what they give to their hired pens. These were Riyaale's bullets points in his effort to be granted old Queen’s audience.

Mintid’s identity crisis is incredible.

peasant   

Oodweyne, you pity old man. May be you never understood the central theme of your old chaps argument and the basis of his refusal of the union. Despite him declaring it in the first set of sentences like an essay written by a junior high student. There is nothing new here that we have not seen before and pretty much the same flawed argument is recycled again. Only this time the author profoundly lacks the ability to sweeten for the unsuspecting reader and his style of persuasion is no better than that of a washroom doodler. May be a foreigner would buy there was such thing called Southern somalis who firmly stood behind Siad Bare to destroy the northern somalis. Or there were systematic deprivation against north both infrastructural development and political participation.

got anything new? pal

Lo'da ayaa waxaa loogu heesaa:

maquuno iyo bixis

maalis iyo hilib

waan is mudanoo

walee magadoow meela kuma samid

It is beyond me why would any responsible country would entertain the idea of partitioning Somalia or any country in African for that matter. Africa has alredy Its own problems, creating another tiny country in the middle of it would be wrong.

It would have been nice if Somaliland leaders focus their energy to stabilize the south. or better yet, Somaliland and Puntland should work on uniting their administrations. That will help the South in a big way.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

quote:Originally posted by Mintid Farayar:

A)if being the only failed state in the world,

B)having the worst infant mortality rates anywhere,

C)being labeled by UNHCR the greatest humanitarian disaster in the world,

D)serving as the hub of human-trafficking for the entire region,

E)having the most pirate-infested waters in the world, surpassing the Straits of Malacca,

F)a place where human-body parts are harvested from living humans

E)where the global evil of illegal drug farming has been introduced, contrary to the traditional religion and culture -

Check Mintid's list. These yaa Jammaacah are the secessionist talking points. This is what they give to their hired pens. These were Riyaale's bullets points in his effort to be granted old Queen’s audience.

Mintid’s identity crisis is incredible.
:D:D:D

Xiin,

Previously, you compared Somaliland to a wife whose husband refuses to give her the divorce papers. Your chauvinism against women and misogyny aside, a better comparison is a banished husband who's been thrown out of their marital house begging to be let back into the home and continue the failed marriage ;);)

Ma Doqon Baad Moodey?!?

;)

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

I don't know who's convincing who what?

As matter of particularity, there's no
effective opposition from Somalia as far as the issue of Somaliland secession is concerned. Seriously, no one in Somalia can legaly, militarily or economically stop Somaliland from seceding. The only spoiler here could be Puntland and if Sarwaal gaab decide blowing up places.

I think the lads in here from Somaliland are simply taking frustrations out on the southerners for failure to secure recognition. What southerners want or think is irrelevent since
we are in no position to do anything to stop secession as long as we are self-destructing.

Che, you come across as a true unionist sometimes (not always, sometimes). We can have a civil discussion about future relations after we clear the decks of those hiding behind Somaliweyn to pursue their myopic attempts at power-grabbing.

In the meantime, stay out of the crossfire!

smile.gif

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

Mr. Xiiny

That is why you are in a
"spot of difficulty"
in here,
dear lad
. For, the sheer legality of that union, is not yet settled, indeed (both theoretically and practically).

Since, to us in Somaliland, the issue of the union as an act was never ratified on a majority basis by the people, when the articles of the constitution, in which the
"act of the union"
was it's foundational tract of it (
or it's preamble, as it were
), was put to the people in

Hence, it's no use to read your
"revisionist unionist history"
to me, and tell me, that the "union" is legal or at least was legal.

For the whole freaking point of Somaliland's legal case, has also great deal to do with the absence of a ratified public referendum that has legitimised the said
"act of union"
(
since only the parliament of that time did have voted it, both originally in the eve of the independence in
july
of
and retrospectively, indeed in
).

All in all; the issue in here, is not as
"black-and-white"
as you unionist claim, indeed.

Furthermore, when, the first revolt against the union and the new republic by the junior army of the then
"Somaliland's Scout Regiment"
happen, the subsequent court case of those officers, prove my contention in here.

Since, the presiding judge of the court did not have found to his satisfaction a
"legally ratified act of union"
, between Somaliland and Somalia, in which those officers may be said of them, that they have committed a
"high treason"
against it, indeed.

And, finally, Siyad Barre's overthrow of that half-legally-established constitutional order (in which the Somali Republic of that time was based on – i.e.,
1960 – 1969
) also ended whatever
"jurisdictional attachment"
that Somaliland have had with Somalia of that time (
at least from legal stand
).

Since, the
"force majore"
that he represented it, did indeed ended the
"legal contract"
between Somalia and Somaliland of that time.

And in here, just in case you are bit confuse that "legal contract" that was the
"act of the union"
was a
"de facto"
only but not in a
"de-jure"
; since, parliament alone have voted for that "act of union", indeed, in affirmative sense.

But the public, at least in Somaliland, in majority sense, have voted it down. And therefore, the
"constitutional contract"
between Somaliland and Somalia at the eve of Siyad barre's take-over of power in
was only a Republic or at least a union that was based on
"half-of-coin"
of a legality (
as it were
) but nothing else, indeed.

And, therefore, his intervention, which was a violent take-over of the Republic's constitutional order, did, also, ended the
"parliamentary-approved-legal foundation"
of the very Republic he came to rule (i.e., he ended, effectively, the half-of-the-coin of legal foundation that the union was based on, since he nullified the constitution of
of the said union)

Since it was the case that the said union was based, precariously, a charter that was the constitution of the Republic of
, and therefore, if you ended that constitution (i.e., revoked the constitution or make it null-and-void, indeed), then, the very basis of that republic is also ended, indeed.

Now, you see where I am going with this line of thought,
dear lad

As, I said earlier, it's no use to read to me what manner of
"fictitious history"
that Siyad barre have thought you in his indoctrinated school, particularly the large argument of our time; and then, you, on your end, seeing to it, whether you can chance your luck with it, in the hope that others will accept from you. For I can easily demolish you there, in no time,
dear lad
:D

Regards,

Oodweyne.

If I remember `correctly you claimed( a while back on here) that Somaliland elites should have never joined the Union( because it was a grave mistake) even it meant upsetting the democratic process and ignoring the wishes of the large majority of the populace. Therefore, is it not rather contradictory and hypocritical, oodwweyne, for you to claim that the union was not legal as it was never ratified by the people. I thought you were a believer in democratic elitism, that is, the elites deciding what is best for the majority on certain occasions? ;)