Sign in to follow this  
chubacka

Manual or Automatic?

chubacka   

Salaama Alaykum ppl,

need some advice, I am about to start taking driving lessons inshallah an jst wanna learn quickly...is automatic the best option?

Gimme ur thoughts plz drivers...an how long did it take you guys to learn?

Jazakallah Khair ;)

fartun   

well if you are just starting to learn how to drive automatic would be the best thing to go with...

but once you got the hang of it well manual is easy and ecnomical, dough pple make it hard, and it takes bit longer to get use to it..

i would hate to say this but automatics are for old people honestly take the challenge and start learning how to change the gear..

Buuxo   

I love automatic ,it's easier i guess. But manual aint to hard to learn either and the manual cars are more cheaper than automatic. Stay safe on the roads.

definitely manual...u know how much gas u can save with vw bug shift 1969 model...!

i will post a pic later...u gotta see this car. i bought off the jung yard and fix it.

As you are just starting to learn ,,,, i would advise you to start with the manual. I mean start in the hard way then you can come down to the easier way.

Again ,, if you do any mistakes the automatic will just continue to run faster, faster and even faster until you hit something and/or someone ,,,,, the manual has limits and if you for example driving with gear 2 then the speed shouldn't be that much if you stuck in the leewarka (sheelarada) ,,,,

Pujah   

Manual has better gas milage and costs less. Of course I drive automatic which requires zero efforts icon_razz.gif

Ms DD   

I'd say manual. At least in the UK, if you passed the manual test, you are allowed to drive automatic. But if you passed your driving test with automatic, you can only drive automatic. So why limit yourself?

I honestly havent tried to drive automatic yet, although people say it is easy. My husband now bought an automatic VW, but for some reason I am scared to drive it incase I look for clutch and hit the break..causing major accident!

N.O.R.F   

^^Doesnt take too long to get used to it. I can hop in and out of auto/manual without any problems plus driving on the other side of the road, steering wheel on other side etc. They should call me the best driver in the world. I know I am,,,,,,

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo:

At least in the UK, if you passed the manual test, you are allowed to drive automatic. But if you passed your driving test with automatic, you can only drive automatic.

Are you serious? So if I took the automatic test and passed, and buy a manual car, I would have to go back to the Ministry and do the manual test? What?

Hello people, the girl didn't say she wants to buy a car...She's just thinking of taking driving lessons...Abaayo, automatic aan kuugu ogahay...Besides, is do they even manual cars at driving schools nowadayz? ;)

chubacka   

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear:

I would say go bicycle.heheh
:D

Why did I not tink of dis before?!

Seriously I think I am jst gonna go for da automatic, i jst wanna learn quick an get a litle run around.

JB really? Do they really jst go faster an faster? :eek: Thats mad.

Isn't there like a big red button to make it stop or something? :confused:

RedSea   

Here in Minnesota they say" 'D' da iigee aan dhaqaajiyee' refering to old ladies that simply hop on automatic tran. vehicles.

If you want to learn easier and quicker, definately the automatic.