Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Somaliland: Shadows of the Past As Human Rights Deteriorate

Bemused to say the least... :rolleyes:

Its strange to see how a people of the same tribes still wanting to eat each other up for silly ideologies like democracy. Unfortunately for us, that was something that was brought to us by the colonials whoever they were. The system has its own flaws and as a people we should learn from our mistakes and create a system that both embraces our needs as Somalis as well create along lasting system in place that suites generations to come.

The problem with this idea, and with (idealistic) communism is that it relies totally on people being able to distinguish and categorise their "needs" and their "wants". Even when people justify them they are hard to differentiate.

* My land is landlocked I "need water to ship goods in.

* My people are ignorant I "need" Schools.

* I broke my TV so I "need" a new one.

* I don't like driving slowly so I "need" a faster car.

* I do not like working for a living so I "need" to retire at 40 and live off large government (or system) handouts.

* I can't afford the latest electronic gizmos so I "need" a lot of cash.

In the end, it comes down to the fact that the people who have the opportunity to abuse the system (almost) always do so for personal gain. The ideal system is one which there is small group of people in charge. Instead, there is a system in charge which is only run by the people voted in to power, not designed by them (alone).