Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntland no longer recognise Geedi as PM...

Sakhar some valid points made. Puntland already has an agreement and it is up to Geedi to fullfil it.

Paragon, your argument is baseless, no one would take the risk and make the investment Raange has done if there were any legal obsticles in the way. Specially if it was to go against giants like Conoco-Phillips..

Paragon   

Castro, another twist to the story is in some parts of Nuugaal, the exploration equipments of former companies is still there. Their camps are still guarded by security staff they hired for the protection of their facilities. Now even beyond the legal hurdles, Puntland wishes to explore the places which former companies had started their explorations. Also Majiyahhan and Dhallan area are places that were formerly marked by previous companies. And all I see coming out of Cade's hasty agreements is a wide-ranging failure.

Sakhar, ah! My clan did you say? :D I am more a marxist or impressionist than I am a clan member. If you find any other grouping that is either economically and politically oriented toward a more egaliterian position in Somalia, please let me know I will join them. Currently, I am close to becoming a marxist! Now go and cleanse your mind out of the filth it has in it! It smells so unpleasantly! Its 2006, old boy and I have evolved beyond the clan!

Also Majiyahhan and Dhallan area are places that were formerly marked by previous companies. And I see coming out of Cade's hasty agreements is a wide-ranging failure.

The point is not what you wish for, or what you think but what is happening on the ground.

1.Raange not only knows about these former concesions but uses the mappings and the work done previously by these firms, this is an open fact. It has done extensive research highlighting that in the 1980's western firms spent $150 million to explore these areas..It suggests that it will be successfull by replecating what has been achiaved in Yemen. It has on its board a number of officials from the Yemen oil authorities.

2. Raange gives $200,000. a month to the Puntland government and their plans have gone as far as signing a deal with Knoc, the Multinational oil firm from South Korea. There are areas that are ready to drill..

3. The Puntland government reached a final agreement with the TFG on this issue in November 2005.

all this information is available in English and Somali online...

Range resources

You are looking at this deal from a Somali perspective, Hydrocarbons are no small thing, like building a port or hospital in clan country this is big business and subtsantial amounts of money are involved and it changes everything.

art   

Paragon, all previous concessions legally expired in 1999. On this basis the old concessions ahve no legal basing at all.

Secondly the wetsernconcession holders declared Force majeure thus voiding their obligations to the concessions.

I say to you now, there are no concessions, except what is now held by range.

Duufaan   

Raange gives $200,000. a month to the Puntland.

I really want know where these money goes? I guest Geedi was getting his share as a wage.

The Ranger must be losers in this case.

Anigu waxaan odhan lahaa qolo walba tuuladeeda ha ka baarto shidaal, si markaa dhibaatooyinkan soo daba jiitamayey qarniyada ay u yaraadaan, loona loo helo horumar la taaban karo oo jaahilnimada iyo gaajada ummaddan tabaaleysay bedela.

Baashi   

I'm missing something here! What is this all about again? Is it about federalism vs. foreign investment and what entity has jurisdiction over this area? TFG incompetence? or Cadde and Co.'s greed and naivety?

I tell ya what! regardless of who dismisses who and how Geedi contradicted himself after rubber stamping this deal few months back or how Puntland is contributing to the fledging TFG burse and waht not despite all of these the deal with Range was a blunder in first degree!

Cadde is selling national treasure with pennies. Not only is he handing out national treasure but he is also making legal commitment with far reaching implications. Now the idea of attracting foreign investment to the region is a good idea. No one is objecting Puntland extracting its natural resources by asking the expertise and helping hand of foreign companies. At issue is at what price?

^^^ Bashi, I would say it is the standard price, as for this deal, it is a four year contract to explore. How many other companies would have taken this risk? I for one would take a pragmatic line, if there is substantial wealth in Puntland it is important we tap into it now and not wait for another 30 years. Who knows if the people of the region would even be in such a position?

Baashi   

Are you sure the deal is only four year deal Duke? Do you really believe they can extract the alleged oil reserves within four years time?

If the answer is affirmative I guess you are right we oughta cut Cadde's admin some slack on this one.

^^^ The contract of works is for four years, with an extention clause. Also the model they are using is the same one as used in Yemen, which is one of the better deals in that part of the world.

Bashi, the Yemen oil deal with hunt group a small texan form, has transformed that country, which at that time was in a state of division and war.

art   

Baashi, please read page two of the following article

http://www.rangeresources.com.au/asx/puntland%20brochure%20version4%20minerals-1.pdf

In August 2005, Consort Private Limited (“Consortâ€) entered into a “Contract of Work†(“CoWâ€) with the

Government of Puntland providing Consort with the exclusive explorations and development rights to oil and

gas and all other mineral deposits for a minimum term of 4 years - with rights of extension - and the right to

defi ne and allocate exploration leases over the whole State during such 4 year period. Bonus Payments

totalling US$10 million over a four year period are required under the terms of the CoW.

LOL

Cadde Muuse, once again, proves his political ineptness to the point of embarrasing his entire administration.

To these diehard fans of men, it seems like "viva Soomaaliya" everyday when such a statement is in the interest of Puntland. The day "Soomaaliya" becomes a problem (i.e. against the interests of PL), we get into technical affairs like during the "transitional period" no one can interfere with PL.

If you diehard fans of men wanted to get really technical, you would've questioned Cadde Muuse's one-man show of signing an int'l agreement alone. Where in the PL or TFG charter does it permit ONE MAN to have such monumental powers? How come the ones pointing out "technical" issues now didn't point them out before?

If Reer Puntland supported Cadde Muuse's regrettable policies, they would've held an anti-Geedi demonstration. Did they? No. So what does this tell us: Do Reer PL support Cadde or Geedi?

^Speaking from oneself I see. There isn't any other "diehard fan of men" other than you!

Orodo ag fadhiiso, raadsana ina Faroole, your supposed hero, who feeds you with wrong news every now and then.

What did he tell you this time around, a failed demonstration you said, "What a joke", fabricated news by ina Faroole and Garoweonline and propogated by Mr. talker himself personally, I wonder?

I said it earlier and I am saying it now, "Exploration and Exploitation of our natural resources including Oil will go on regardless of what you or anyone else for that matter says or thinks.

If I were you, I'll shut up and watch the whole episode from a safe far off position, otherwise you could seriously hurt yourself!