Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntland no longer recognise Geedi as PM...

^^^ Suldanka, s it not because of clan you want to break Somalia apart. Or was it that you are related to the Windsors?

Castro,

There is no need for concern. The TFG still has my greatest support. This week has been good, the EU financial support, the visit by Minister Benn and the parminets moves to get rid of the warlords. It has been one of the better weeks.

On this issue I am with the Puntland adminstration, I belive this oil exploration deal is vital to get us out of the stagnation, we find ourselves in.

This PM, has been a problem for me for a while, his handling of the warlords, his many lies have hampered the fragile governments progress. Any added pressure on him to go I welcome. The sooner he goes the better.

Paragon   

Lol Suldaanka. He just might, never doubt the determination of a committed supporter.

Mr. Duke,

Your highness, I think your ill-informed president has landed himself in the worst case of legal limbo, a case that actually nullifies the glue (agreement and guarantees) that make the very entity of puntland stick. Lookie here: Cade retrieves his recognition - meaning the recognition of Puntland - then he steps out of the binding constitution of the republic of Somalia. Because the constitution of the country had, in the first place, allowed Puntland's creation upon the promise of general unity of Somalia, parties or clans within the state of Puntland agreed to form one entity. That is, on the condition that Puntland remains committed to the central government of Somalia's constitutional stipulations. If, then, Puntland fails to recognize the central government of the republic, the agreements which Puntland entered with local clans or groups become NULL and VOID.

In other words a new set of agreement need be re-drawn. You see where this is heading? This gives those who oppose the agreements of Range Resources more ammunition with which to destroy it. Remeber the initial objection was that the agreement was not constitutionally rafitied by the Council of Ministers, Parliament and the President? Oh Yeah, that was exactly their point of resistance, and now, God forbid, Puntland has made itself a rogue entity! Remember how Cade went out of his way to get the permission of Geedi? Now Cade has no Geedi or TFG to turn to and in the same token, Range Resources may itself face other legal hurdles - since it will come across as robbing the graves of our nearly dead Somali republic. This allows Geedi, for example, to lodge a legal complaint - against Range Resources, such as violation of the territorial itegrity of the Republic of Somalia smile.gif . Now, aint this just pretty?

I wonder, from where does Cade's so-called legal or constitutional advicers got their education?

Duufaan   

Both Cade and Geedi have very difficult reading the mind and tactics of Abdilaahi yusuf and you cannot blame on them. Who should be blamed.? Very clear everyone is not blaming Geedi. yes They are confused but what confused them. CADE or GEEDI neither qualified his post and both are confused. ironically both were hanpicked. This issue simply shows the TNG is not only broke but it lucks strategy. the letters will not help at all

Paragon, Geedi has already agreed to the Raange deal 8 months ago.

So his letter is not only invalid but lacks any reasons to nullify the agreement.

Those who are against the deal will be incouraged by Geedi but I dont see how this changes anything other put his sanity into question. It is a done deal he signed up to it..

Geedis nemisis will use this as another reason to get rid of him, there is a motion floiting around for a no confidence vote.

The pressure is on Geedi, what leverage does he have over Puntland? None. The Mogadishu war, the ultimatum he gave to the warlords and this, only spells doom for him.

Paragon   

The pressure is on Geedi, what leverage does he have over Puntland? None. The Mogadishu war, the ultimatum he gave to the warlords and this, only spells doom for him.

May be not alot, but he will surely have alot on Range Resources...and similar companies. I will let you to think of the impacts that would have on Puntland?

Castro   

Originally posted by General Duke:

The pressure is on Geedi,
what leverage does he have over Puntland?
None.

What position is Puntland in to delegitimize Geedi or anyone in the TFG? Just because Geedi is a worthless pile of cow dung does not mean Puntland has any standing to deny him recognition. Exactly who rules over who?

This whole saga is bad news for all parties involved and concerned.

May be not alot, but he will surely have alot on Range Resources...and similar companies. I will let you to think of the impacts that would have on Puntland?

Paragon, Raange already has the previous letter by Geedi and the President and are keen to work in Puntland, do you think this type of action would disuade them. They already got the go ahead 8 months ago?

Castro, I agree with you that the Federal governemnt does rule over the states including Puntland.

That this episode is unecessery is also not in question.

However the republic is still in a transition period, we are not even in our capital, and Geedi did not leave Puntland with room to manuvour.

The timing of his letter and the fact he put it in the public domain, only highlights his disrespect and unsuatability for the post. Puntland has done the right thing to oppose Geedi on this issue.

Paragon   

Duke, they do? No they don't! The only thing they have (which unsurprisingly will become unbinding) is the go ahead given by Geedi to Range Resources to explore 'minerals'. The big issue here is OIL! That right to explore for OIL has not been given to Range Resources yet, not even in the earlier letter of Geedi. OIL is the big catch here, if you don't get the right for it, you'd rather run for it! This right is already owned by ConacoPhillips.

^^^ I think you are ill informed..

His [Geedi's] letter dated 2nd of November states that he agrees with the amendements made to the contract of works.. There is an interesting passage that goes..."TFG has trust and full confidance with the Puntland State of Somalia and therefore supports its efforts in enhancing the national economy by materializing the exploration, exploitation and marketing of the countries top soil natural resources in close collaboration with its partners [consort and Raange]"

The eggs are on Geedi..

Horseednet link..

if you don't get the right for it, you'd rather run for it! This right is already owned by ConacoPhillips.

So you have more knowledge than, Raange resources, and Multinationals like Knoc. The concesions period has elapsed..

^Stop crying so hard Paragon, I'll suggest you concern yourself more with your clans failed attempt in bringing the clan together to establish a regional authority. The conference in Baran is close to failure!

Back to the topic, under the Puntland constitution no-one can stand in the way between Puntland and its legitimate right to explore and exploit the natural resources including OIL!

According to the constitution it says:

Xubinta 2aad

QODOBKA 10AAD

WADAHADAL IYO WAX-WADAAG FEDERAALNIMO

1. Puntland waxa ay ka mid noqonaysaa Dawlad Soomaaliyeed oo habka Federaaliga ah ku dhisan, waxayna wadahadal la geli kartaa qayb kasta oo Soomaaliya ka mid ah oo aaminsan raadinta iyo ka-mid-noqoshada dawlad soomaaliyeed oo ku dhisan habka federaaliga ah.

2. Waxyaalaha dawlad-goboleedku Puntland ay ku wareejin doonto dawladda Federaalka ah waxaa ka mid ah: Arrimaha socdaalka, difaaca, arrimaha siyaasada dibedda, istaambada boostada, lacagta, habka cabbiraadda.

3. Wixii intaas dheeri ka ah waxay ku imaanayaan wadahadal dhexmara dawladda federaalka ah iyo dawlad-goboleedka.

Federalism is based on consultation and as I've lived in a country, which has perfected that system, even states within the government and their respective bodys and institutions can 'pass' an decree of no-confidence to the government of national unity.

We have to differentiate between Gheedi and the President H.E. Abdullahi Yusuf, as the former is a appointee of the latter, who can be sacked anytime, even after one state passes a decree of no-confidence.

I applaud the President Mahamoud Muse Hirsi and his Vice President Hassan Dahir Afquruc for their undying and determined work to improve the social and economic livlihoods of their citiziens.

I salute you!