Sign in to follow this  
WarsameYare

Somaliland Political Parties what a funny names!!!

Today I was reading an article about Somaliland and it democracy. Suddenly I came across with the names of their political parties and I burts into laughter when I read their names so I thought that I may share it with you and see your verdict

Here are the names ILAYS, BIRSOL, UDUB UCID, ASAD, KULMIYE, SAHAN, HORMUUD AND SO ON

baxsan   

Salaam

I wonder on what grounds they would vote for a party, judging by those names it would have to be by tossing a coin

Communist party, phoney democratic party, warlordist & anarchist, egoist & facist party. I am 100% sure those names i mentioned wouldn't sound better than these original Somali names like ILAYS, KULMIYE, HORMUUD, SAHAN and so on...

Since when did we gratuated from using Somali language. Mind you the voters are somalis not English or Russians.

Just an ecouragement

baxsan   

Salaam

As u said Kritikal Mind they wouldn't sound any better than the names mentioned by Warsame yare , but atleast u would know what the party stands for why go for a meaningless name

Why not make the name of your party be of help in your campaign

Haaruun   

It's shame that u guys are luckin' of ur mother tongue...these names are typical nomad names...

BAXSAN, if u know the meaning of kulmiye, udub, hormood, or ileys, U wouldn't have wasted your energy asking such a question......so go ask pple whether these names are helpful or beneficail for the parties....

Wasalaam

nuune   

haaruun,sxb leave them, peharps they just don't know the meaning of the names.

i just don't like that we should have another debate on this discussion like the one Eldoret!!-have your say which went from level zero to 1 million!!

RAMADAAN KARIIM

mohamedj   

here we go again !! an other laughter!!

this shows that somaliland and somali south has no same language and culture .. right here!! you have the answer.. south somalis clap their hands in slight thing of hate and ironically ignorency..

kulmiye, sahan , birsool and ucid and so on are somaliland langauge and the italian trained south somalis dont have those parties or even dont know the prober names of somali langauge..

baxsan   

Salaam

Haruun u know darn well, what i meant, correct me if i am wrong but does any of the names mentioned above say whether they r left or right, what they hope to achieve when they get elected, who should vote for them ...the answer is NO, NO and once more No

I never said that they should swith to an english name, but the name that they choose should be associated with politics

SamiGyrl   

Well since your not from Somaliland and dont consider it a country why should you care soo much?

The names that we choose for our parties are just that.

Are the names in Turkey the same as the ones in Britain? I dont think soo, am sorry but we dont toot the horn of other people.

What am I supposed to call a leftist party Bidixiye? do call parties what is relevant and sounds better in OUR language, we are proud of who we are and our language. So it is only befitting that we have names that are known by the people in the land and names that can roll of the tongue.

The parties and their agendas are on their websites, and are printed in newspapers in Somaliland so you know what the people know exactly what they want and they know who is going to do it for them, by reading the news papers and listening to lectures, and meeting with the different party heads. This was something Somaliland people could not do in the Horrid union and something they can now do in their own land, and they treasure it, and with good reason.

So leave us be, our parties are just that our parties, not yours.

Atleast we have parties you guys have to deal with General Morgan, Abdi Qasim, Aadid, Shatiiguguud, and the list goes on.

Dont hate, Participate!!!

-Samigyrl

SamiGyrl   

Well since your not from Somaliland and dont consider it a country why should you care soo much?

The names that we choose for our parties are just that.

Are the names in Turkey the same as the ones in Britain? I dont think soo, am sorry but we dont toot the horn of other people.

What am I supposed to call a leftist party Bidixiye? do call parties what is relevant and sounds better in OUR language, we are proud of who we are and our language. So it is only befitting that we have names that are known by the people in the land and names that can roll of the tongue.

The parties and their agendas are on their websites, and are printed in newspapers in Somaliland so you know what the people know exactly what they want and they know who is going to do it for them, by reading the news papers and listening to lectures, and meeting with the different party heads. This was something Somaliland people could not do in the Horrid union and something they can now do in their own land, and they treasure it, and with good reason.

So leave us be, our parties are just that our parties, not yours.

Atleast we have parties you guys have to deal with General Morgan, Abdi Qasim, Aadid, Shatiiguguud, and the list goes on.

Dont hate, Participate!!!

-SamiGyrl icon_razz.gif :rolleyes:

mohamedj   

ignorency is not a crime , but perhaps it is reflection of who you are as well as where you are from..

before some one who is especially from the backward, cruel society that is killing it self, where her or his people live in a choas, where every one lives with his sword, what benefit he or she will get talking about somaliland parties. he/she has to ask her/himself what is the names of your somali parties.. none .. the warlord parties , carta parties, the rapist parties, the criminal parties, the puppets of international mafia, and the syndicated terror network .

more over, what is left and right, are we talking about hands or legs... or even what that got to do with somaliland or even any other place..

it is apparent the children of tyrants who came with money of war criminals are easily picking with the meaningless words.. no wonder ..

on the other hand, if you are not from the somaliland country what is the benefit of learning or even understanding what that country

political parties stand for .....

as Samigyrl mentioned above, the somaliland parties put their platform in to the domains of thier citizens...

however, somalia's criminals are in kenya where fouring tyrants, clonialists are planning the death of thousands of somali proper..

it is not then strange those children whome their fathers robbed somali people who live the luxury of western countries to pass the time about somaliland and feel anger, envy, jealous of the advancement of somaliland nation .. ironically, their people live with fear, daily rape, killing , and instead of doing meaningfull contribution to their unfortunate citizens busy them selves about somaliland and its affairs....

mj

Kowneyn   

Somalia is not perfect

Neither is Somaliland

We all have our work cut out for us. Lets start by not insulting each other. If you are not interested in healing the wounds of Somalis, please dont inflame them further. Stop ridiculing or insulting one another.

Alxamdulillah for the progress in Somaliland. Lets pray for greater victories for all Somalis and the Muslim ummah in general.

Salaam

Kowneyn

mataan   

salaams;

is this another one like the eldoret thread...

there is nathing peculiar with these names. they are all meaningful somali names. i think people will not vote on the basis of these names, but rather the political manifesto of that particular party.

lastly, i dont know why some of the brothers and sisters in here are hating each other cuz of where they are from. this only happens in qurbaha. i think those in back home are more civilised than us, if u go to hargeisa or burco u will find somalis of all kinds and yet there is no hate, every 1 is doing their business - maybe we should go and learn from them.

maca salaama