Sign in to follow this  
Legend of Zu

Farax's rejoice - Xaliimos no more lavish wedding

Well, Brothas, we will have a really good argument why we won't spend on a lavish wedding - "Gacaliso it is for your well being" :D

Even Bridezillas get the post-nuptial blues

NEW YORK: For almost a year, Kimberly Chustz spent every spare moment she had planning the biggest day of her life -- the wedding dress, the cake, the bridesmaids' bouquets and the colour of the reception napkins. Then one day she woke up married, and discovered a big hole in her life.

Source

Cheers

Khayr   

"Aa lott of trouble in the first year of marriage is because people did not do the emotional preparation for this transition," said Paul. "Instead of talking about the roles of husband and wife, we end up focusing on the wedding planningg."

Its very true that the focus is on the wedding and not the marriage itself. I don't think that parents do enough to teach their sons and daughters about marital duties, skills and roles.

All that parents and the bride and groom care about is to not be out done by other people.

Its sad indeed when both the bride and groom get into a debt and spend their families life savings on one night and an over the top, Hollywoodish honeymoon (Cairo, Morocco, Spain-anyone!)

Fi Amanillah

-Lily-   

Khayr, there is nothing wrong with any of those destinations and not too far depending what part of the world you live in.

Yes big weddings have somewhat become over the top circus shows, people forget it's for family and friends and they tend to overplan their weddind rather than the marriage itself. Some of the women in these articles also have serious self esteem issues.

Don't be fooled though, just because women don't want to have a huge wedding doesn't mean there isn't something alternative and as expensive that they would rather spend their money on :D

Let be be frank for once

I use to wonder why there is so much lack of Kindness between Somalia couples. But never realized until now, that this whole thing initiates from the wedding process…. I mean, why would u anticipate any kindness from a man whom u broke his finical backbone on a ephemeral day ( as we know; we somaliyans do not understand the concept of moderation )

Also, why don’t Somali women pay for the half of their wedding or do small wedding instead overspending all that money where no hungry people are feed ….. How ever way u look at it, its all harm

As a woman, sometime I feel embarrassed the level of selfishness and cruelty shown by other woman when it comes to their future husband or his money.

We should treat our future husband as we would treat our future children’s father.

Am I wrong to think this way, maybe but one thing for sure, Somali couples lack kindness and if someone can enlighten me differently ( with no chemicals ) I’ll be grateful

Faheema.   

Originally posted by
WaTerLily

Don't be fooled though, just because women don't want to have a huge wedding doesn't mean there isn't something alternative and as expensive that they would rather spend their money on
:D

Damn right...I can think of many....but this one comes to mind almost instantaniously :D

jagxkr.jpg

^N** Dooq(Dookh)xumidaa? :D

Waxay baaburka nuuca u eg? Hargeysa maba lagu wadi karee;Meeday Leenkaruusadii iyo bajeerada somalidu qiimeneysay? icon_razz.gif

Zu,asxaabul thrift waaxid

Originally posted by Rahima:

You Faaraxs are all a bunch of cheapskates, that's the real problem here.

Rahima,and most xalimos are a bunch of spendthrifts right? ;)

Baluug   

Originally posted by Brownie:

quote:Originally posted by Rahima:

You Faaraxs are all a bunch of cheapskates, that's the real problem here.

Rahima,and most xalimos are a bunch of spendthrifts right?
;)
Pwned.

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Brownie:

^N** Dooq(Dookh)xumidaa?

Waxay baaburka nuuca u eg? Hargeysa maba lagu wadi karee;Meeday Leenkaruusadii iyo bajeerada somalidu qiimeneysay?
icon_razz.gif

LoL, kee nee dookh xun, Maaarashandiis hadaad tiraa la garay, wixii 19 kala yaacii baad ka hadlaysaaye, keep up with the times nooh :D

Rahima   

^His ofcourse.

Rahima,and most xalimos are a bunch of spendthrifts right?

Rather that than be a man and a cheapskate :D:D . You just cannot get worse that and irrespective of how much support you think you’re getting ina adeer, being a man and a cheapskate is very very bad- especially as far as the ladies are concerned. There is my advice for the day to you boys :D

Zu, why are you complaining, you should be financially comfortable icon_razz.gif . It isn’t like you’re a poor student. You have no excuse whining, so stop it Chinese man :D .

Nephissa   

What these cheapskates don't know is all the pre wedding parties that takes place, like a bridal shower, is-barasho, cilaan saar, dahab xir, etc. :D China man, like the Arab saying: :D Bakhayl, heee.. :D khasaara marateeen, L00L. Af carabi xaal qaado. Al-macnaa waxaa weeyaan, intaa $ kala dhabiileesid boholo ha ka dhicin. ;)

Originally posted by Rahima:

Zu, why are you complaining, you should be financially comfortable
icon_razz.gif
. It isn’t like you’re a poor student. You have no excuse whining, so stop it Chinese man

^^^ Hang On...All I am thinking about is her well being!..I don't want her to get all depressed on me..you know...the first two years should be a blitz..not trips to the shrink!

Tyjwania

Bakheel nimo ma aha... I know when the time comes..you will be saying " Gacaliye...lets not spend on a lavish wedding..I would rather you save it for our children insha Allah!" So gabdhaha islaameed ha u been guurin... :D:D

Women un baa other women qatala

Cheers

Rahima   

^^^ Hang On...All I am thinking about is her well being!..I don't want her to get all depressed on me..you know...the first two years should be a blitz..not trips to the shrink!

Yeah right, all you care about is your pocket icon_razz.gif .

Women like men oo gacan furan ;) .