Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisaam

Sisters would you encourage....

I only pray that Allah grants me enough Imaan to encourage my husband for the right Jihaad. I would think it's hard to let go of a loved one to go 2 war with the chance of not seeing them again.

OG Moti   

Come on sisters

Now I got the message .. you all got tired with your husbands so you want to change them so you kind looking for excuse, and what excuse would be better to tell the maskiin go to jihaad it break my heart but it is the best thing to do... man I never knew that somali sisters can plan... any way Jihaad is good and it is obligation to every muslim but sisters you are up to some thing ...

InshaAllah we will all die for our religion and be shahiid, how about ladies you can jihaad too, i am sure you can pull the trigger and if you are saying the dirac will not make us fast enough then wear surwaal.. man i am really concern for my brothers that is all... love ya all peace

A7LA-SHU   

hm let me see... well if i really liked him nah i wouldn't send him.. but if i wanna to get him away from me yeah lol....

samira that 50/50 chance is scary but hey someone gotta do that job right.. so yeah i would send him..

Rahima   

OG_moti, so incredibly unfair!! icon_razz.gif

All we are hoping for our future husbands is Jannah, no harm in that is there? But of course there is something in it for us, a Shahiid is allowed to take 70 (if i remember correctly) people with him to heaven, i'm hoping i'll be one of the 70 :D

BTW, our jihad is hajj ;)

So many Xalimos willing to send Faraaxs off to war-wonder if anyone did send their Faraaxs off to Soomaaliya :D

Current Ibti stoles original Ibti's name icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Ibti- couldn't you at least allow us to enjoy our hypothetical husbands a little longer before you ship them off to their destruction? Some ladies have a strange way of showing their affection. :D hehehe...(kidding)

Well, it depends on exactly what this Jihad is (providing like others have said it is legitimate) and whether or not they'd require my useless husbands services. I'd have to ask the children their views as well and prepare them if neccessary- I have no desire to raise orphans and alone mind you lord knows its difficult being a woman already without adding more issues to our growing basket. Anyway-having carefully considered every avenue then only would I send him on his way providing that is was truly neccessary and theres was nothing else that could be done. However, I don't know exactly how useful our mordern men would be as the majority don't exactly have military training...then again if farmers with pitch forks, horny adolescent imbeciles and toothless old men on their deathbeds carrying aka-47's can continue to fight and destroy our country? I guess anyone can be taught to shoot and aim.

Having said that I'd never wish or vouch for war (Who in their right minds would? *not insinuating that anyone here is*) it rarely accomplishes anything but to kill innocents like the children whose fathers are being taken away and the sick, vunerable and elderly.

A real question would be, how do we distinguish the true call of Jihad from the senseless violence, revenge and political manipulation of today?

In anycase only Allah knows exactly what I'd do in such a situation and I can hope that I have the courage and strength to do the right thing.

chubacka   

I can imagine some of these sisters pushing their husbands out the door with a tuna sandwich and the poor man, holding onto the door frame, pleading "but i don't want to go!"

In all seriousness though,it would be up to the husband as he is the one who has to be willing to go to jihad and risk his life. That would be his decision. If he had the courage to go I wouldn't discourage him provided that this was a "real" jihad that was recognised by scholars and it did not involve blowing up poor innocent people going about their daily lives. :mad:

Originally posted by chubacka:

I can imagine some of these sisters pushing their husbands out the door with a tuna sandwich and the poor man, holding onto the door frame, pleading "but i don't want to go!"

just one tuna sandwich? i would at least give my husband a complete lunch with a apple and a juice box! ;)

inshallah he'll want to go to jihad because he's strong in the deen and he realizes that dying feesabilillah is the greatest joy for himself and for everyone who loves him and this joy eclipses any grief they may feel at his passing

just hink of all the people who get struck by lightning or get killed by drunk drivers or drivers who are texting or talking on their cell phones and die without ever fulfilling their obligations. they could be dead because domebody's yeling about ow their baby-daddy is being stingy with child support and not paying attention to the road! :(

life in this dunya is so crazy and short that any good man would want to strive feesabilillah even risking death instead of risking death at the hands of the crazy people roaming like wildebeests in dar al kufr!

ameen

Nehanda   

No if it means joining the likes of those occupying somalia. How about he support his family, be a responsible father, educate his children, be a loving and caring husband, pay the bills on time and keep his gaze to the ground that's a jihad too n'est-ce pas.