Sign in to follow this  
ayaanick

Too modernized!!!

Qac Qaac   

buulo exactly i said, most of u, not all of u ok. i didn't mean to offend u buulo. i am just tellig the trueth, no sugar quoting

I wasn't born in Somalia and I've lived in 4 countries including Somalia. And you expect me to retain my culture fully like those who've entered Qurbaha yesterday? That's not realistic. My culture is mix of more than 1, I take that which appeals to me as long as it doesn't contradict with my Faith. I don't care if guys have a problem with the fact that I speak fluently in english, or that I don't wear diric at all! lol. Some people consider going to school and working modern.Beat that! You can't satisty everybody but yourself.

Ayaan, continue to be who you are. We've got enough fake people in this world. If they can't deal with that, then it's their issue.

Excellent topic btw :D

where is Xudur? i cant find it in no map! hmm it sound like small world in disney land!! modern hmm. hated it! i rather be the enlightened one! observing the old provens ways, keeping with my generation, taking the good ways and leaving the bad ones far behind! u see i believe u cant throw away your past, cuz it behaves way for a better future! whether u were born in the motherland or somewhere else, u grow up with your parent...yah we all go through the teenage yrs..! mine was a horror! but then at the end of it u embrace your past and present...cuz that makes u today what u r: smile.gif

Faheema.   

Illmatic.

Modernized and Westernized have two different interpretations in my book.

The way I see it, when someone is categorised as being “modern” I believe they still have their principles and fundamentals, they have just adapted to the “modern society”. However, the term westernised is somewhat different, in fact it is the total opposite to modernised, it’s when he/she re-invent themselves, so much so they adapt a whole new culture and lifestyle. (Not your average Somali)

You may or may not agree, but that’s my explanation when those terms are used to describe someone.

It's certainly not two sides of the same coin.

Macalin   

Shayma...WALLE walashis U are in a Strong In ur FACE mood!

Waa runtaa af jooga looma adeego,Laakin I gotta look out for MY NON sujuu Brother!

Is all GOOD-I guess Ama ZIPPIT like a ZIPPO - U swing me?

iLLmattic..am waiting on AYANIC to reply on the XUDUR issue-

Tamy-So Basiccaly if U speak fluent ENGLISH, does tha mean U modern??..Plus i didnt know U wasnt BORN in somalia!(talk of ppl callin me sujuu-LOL!)

Mandeeq   

lol. Gender war.

The word modern, first recorded in 1585 in the sense “of present or recent times,” has traveled through the centuries designating things that inevitably must become old-fashioned as the word itself goes on to the next modern thing. We have now invented the word postmodern, as if we could finally fix modern in time, but even postmodern (first recorded in 1949) will seem fusty in the end, perhaps sooner than modern will. Going back to Late Latin modernus, “modern,” which is derived from Latin modo in the sense “just now,” the English word modern (first recorded at the beginning of the 16th century) was not originally concerned with anything that could later be considered old-fashioned. It simply meant “being at this time, now existing,” an obsolete sense today. In the later 16th century, however, we begin to see the word contrasted with the word ancient and also used of technology in a way that is clearly related to our own modern way of using the word. Modern was being applied specifically to what pertained to present times and also to what was new and not old-fashioned. Thus in the 19th and 20th centuries the word could be used to designate a movement in art, modernism, which is now being followed by postmodernism.

Salaan...

I was born in xudur

Heey, Ayaan, that is where my father hails from. He was Xudur's own malaaq in the 1950s. :cool: My father's family hail from there, but unfortunately, I have never been there. :( I will visit there one day, insha allaah. By the way, most of the people I see who are oringally from Xudur are ILKA CAS. What is up with that? Because of biyaha la cabo or what? Enlighten me then.

OG-Moti, adoogaa Xudur ku dhasho iska dhafee, awoowgaa xataa Xudur ebidkiis ma arkin. Ceel Barde ku ekoow yaah, waraa. Xudur aa soo fara gishanee, cagtaa gaabta aa kuu laabeynaa walaahi. :D:D

Macsalaama!!

Sophist   

Miskiin Mac...............(areey magac dheeridaa adi, duf ku bax eh maa soo gaabsatid. Xudun maxaa adi kugeeyey, waxaan isdhahaayey waxaa ka imaatey qooqaani iyo meelo dhimbiraha lagu gudo! just kidding mate, how was your trip return to Canada my old boy.

Sophist

Dhimbil   

waxaa ka imaatey qooqaani

lol...MMA waa reer qooqaani haye...tuug laqabtay...xamar aan ka imaaday uu dhahaa lool.

Shayma..Understood smile.gif