Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

After the warlords-- Where will the ship dock?

^^^ Baidoa is not Abdiqaybdeed. As for these courts were do they control? Parts of Xamar, Balcad, Jowhar and Guriceel?

Ubahane, you will learn that these clan courts are not all they are cracked up to be. Just liek your former warlord bosses were not as powerful as they claimed...

Duufaan   

Big mistake from the court. Instead dealing with moqdisho and creating a regional goverment, they are now claiming authority the whole country. the court militray power works the comfortable zone in x-banaadir. They already had lot of sleeping enemy in moqdihso. their success in national arena is zero. It is hopeless for somali people.

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^ Baidoa is not Abdiqaybdeed. As for these courts were do they control? Parts of Xamar, Balcad, Jowhar and Guriceel?

Ubahane, you will learn that these clan courts are not all they are cracked up to be. Just liek your former warlord bosses were not as powerful as they claimed...

Finally you are sad, and I am happy! Alxamdulilah. smile.gif

^^^^^^^Ubahane

apart from a small bout of hayfever/allergy there is nothing causing me any discomfort at this moment. As for your supposed happiness I welcome it, as a brother I wish you all the , may Allah give you real happiness...

The courts have had a bad few days, Mr Awayas and his small group are wrestling with the popular Sharif. This and the fact that they have no strategy other than attack checkpoints in the early mornings. Gives me much confidance that the Mogadisu reveloution can be more than the wishes of Indacade/Aways, and thus there can be peace...

^Soon we will treat you from the bad ills you inherited from the cyber world of tribalism. The Islamic courts will prescribe you some Quranic medications, insha-Allah. And you will find yourself well and in great condition.

Don't be sad about the great advances by the Courts...its your best interest.

will prescribe you some Quranic medications, insha-Allah. And you will find yourself well and in great condition.

Masha Allah, I happen to belive that the Quran is medicine to the ills of man. Yet I am not a Shia and thus do not hold that I need anyone to intercede between me and my maker..

My sadness though stems, from the injustice of my land, the killings, maimings and slavery of my people. Rememebr how important the live of a single muslim is.

Insha Allah happiness to us all...

Sophist   

Xigmad ayaa biyo dhigtey Generaalka; like the way you always present your arguments with effortless intellec. Masha Allah.

Although it may be premature to crown Mogadishu Islamic Courts with laurels, the eviction of warlords from Mogadishu, nonetheless, is a success story whose value could only escape from the tribalist among us. Some of us have resolved to disagree with this movement from the get-go. Others have opposed them for the Courts have not met with their narrow clannish goals. Still many are willing to give these Courts benefit of the doubt: they recognize that the security mess and social breakdown caused by decades of anarchy could not be fixed overnight. Understandably, to reverse the culture of warlordism will take time. Moreover, they (the supporters of the courts) see the genuine efforts of the courts to restore law and order in Mogadishu. When the TFG at Baidabo chose to voice hostile thoughts against the Islamic Courts instead of welcoming the change, we saw how the Courts responded with words of reconciliation and peace. These courts are trying to better the situation of their people and they deserve the support of every reasonable man/woman, I say.

Now it’s needles to say that Islamic Courts is not perfect entity. To criticize it, constrictively, is not akin to harboring clannish thoughts against it. To voice concerns about potential missteps they could make and point out obstacles that could hamper their effort is not clannish. Indeed it’s those who want them succeed, as I suspect sophist is, who are most concerned. Those, in my opinion, are valid concerns. Theirs are not unfounded fears. Contemporary history of Islamic movements attests to the probability of the failures their fear. Lets pray that history does not repeat itself this time.

For those of you who made a peculiar habit of highlighting the failures of these Courts and are unfortunately blindfolded about this movements glaring successes, stop it and grow up I say. It’s a sheer negativity and it’s unconstructive. Realize that the courts are political reality on the ground and to hope that they just vanish is a wish that can’t be granted.

So where will the ship dock? I don’t know. But I certainly hope to a better platform.

Xoogsade   

Thanks Xiin, it is good to have people like you around who give others the benefit of the doubt.

We love the changes we see in Muqdisho and we wish the best for the rest of somalis who need change.