Sign in to follow this  
stpaulchick

Greatest Gift

I don't understand Somali woman nowadays?? I've seen three girls that refused to have kids after they get married...check out why. Because they don't want to get stretch marks!!!!!!! And the other one said that she doesn't want to breastfeed....ohhhh well DON'T THAN!!! redface.gif What u have to understand ppl is that it is the greatest gift ur gonna recieve. There's nothing better. Go ahead and adopted(allhamdullah) but don't dodge it 'till u tired it. :eek:

J.Lee   

Give birth?

Dude as if, and ruin my wonderful figure? I don't think so sweetheart. See, I plan to get my tubes tied as soon as I turn 21 insha'allah. either that or adopt! and you can't change my mind! :mad:

On a serious note, smile.gif kids are a blessed pain everybody should be burdened with.

Janna   

stpaulchick

Those girls only want to get laid! redface.gif

They are just using lame excuses not to have a baby.

Oh I just spoke this one girl that told me that she didn't want any kids because she said that there's way too many people on earth..and she doesn't want to be one of the people that contribute to "overpopulation"....hahahha I swear I think she was high or she was messing with me. I don't know..she looked like that she was serious and I don't hang out with people that get high ;)

sofine   

wow wow..wow...girls what the hell is wrong with yall....first of all to have children is one of the greatest gift from Allah...don't ever play with those words...i know so many people out there who don't have children because they can't conceive...my god...what the hell is wrong with yall...Thank Allah every minute of every day damn it....Plus Adopting is against our religion...for those of you who didn't know...!!

i'm out

najma82   

Children are the best gift Allah can give us wallah and I agree with you sisters, it is sad that these girls don't wanna have kids, because of such a lame excuses subhana-allah.

Plus Adopting is against our religion...for those of you who didn't know...!!

Sister, only in the sense that you give them your name instead of their real parents name...that is what is haraam, not the fact that you can raise a child and treat it like they were urs....but it is haraam if you hide the fact that they're not urs and u give them ur name , "... Nor has He made your adopted sons your (real) sons; that is simply a saying of your mouths. But Allah speaks the truth, and He guides you to the (right way). Call them by (the names of their fathers; that is more just in the sight of Allah. But if you do not know their fathers, they are your brothers-in-faith and your wards... " (Quran 33:4-5)

Xafsa   

I can´´t imagine why you wouldn´´t want to have children. Like st.paul chick said don´´t knock it ´´till you`ve tried it.

Once you``ve seen your child smile for you ...you will wonder why you have'nt done it sooner.

I do agree with u sofine...but Najma82 is correct about the adoption situation. But I had a question....My cousin wanted to adopt but as najma said they can't have ur last name. But in America the parents that adopt have to give them their last name..so what is the rules for that?

Xafsa..sista ur so right...when my daughter was born...I swear she smiled it made me want to melt. It just puts the whole thing in perspective.

sofine   

Hey Stapualchick....i didnot give you the whole reason why it is against the religion but najima clarfied and thanks for that...you can call the child you adopt you're child as long as you breastfeed them but if not then you can't adopt them and give them you're name cuz it causes confusion in the future in case of meeting thier half siblings and marrying them...so thats why it is very important for them to know where they came from. tell your cousin not to them adopt from north america then...advice icon_razz.gif

Yeah I understand now..thanks for clearifying I didn't know about the whole "breastfeeding" thing. Thanks u taught someone something and I learned someting today. Oh my cousin wants to adopt someone from Minnesota because it was said in the news that their was about 200 Somali babies who were placed in foster cares. It's sad!!!!

Plus Adopting is against our religion...for those of you who didn't know...!!

....but if not then you can't adopt them and give them you're name

tell your cousin not to them adopt from north america then

Sofine, what on earth are you yammering on about? :confused:

There's nothing wrong with adopting, as long as the child keeps their own name as Najma already clarified. What exactly is so difficult about letting them keep their name that it would stop anyone from adopting a child they want?

Really, I truly loathe ppl who try to play fast and loose with diinta.

But in America the parents that adopt have to give them their last name..

Stpaulchick,

They dont 'have' to. It's usually upto the adoptive parents what name they give the child. Some parents let the child keep their previous name (usually if the child is older), others like to hide the fact that the child isnt biologically theirs and give it their name.

Either way, I think adopting is a very rewarding thing to do and if your cousin wants to adopt, then thumbs up to her. God bless her.

sofine   

to zephyrine...adopting is against our religion in terms of saying that is my son/daughter you can't say those (unless you breastfeed them)... read the korean...i'm here to give feedback not to insult our religion...

Rahima   

Girls, you are not contradicting one another.

You both agree that the problem lies with giving that child your surname and saying that it is your biological child.

You also both agree that there is nothing wrong with taking in a child and treating him/her as if they were your own.

You guys are both in essence saying the same thing, just in different ways ;) .

Beydan   

Salam all of u here

Well 2 all my sisters who r against having kids just imagine urselves about fourty or fifty years from now... u wont have this good body no matter what u do with the new technology world that we live in, u wont have this strength and all this self confidence that u have now cuz u have grown old and everybody including ur own sisters and brothers wont be able to help u cuz they r older then u or they may not be living were u live and besides if u dont find a guy who agrees with the way u think u will end up alone

your children will only be the one who will be thinking of u all the time & who are willing to take care of u.ur children will be the only ones who will be willing to take care of u no matter what happens to u even when u become lac lac they will be there for u ... so just tell me who is willing to take care of u markaad duqowdid ama aad wax kala garan weydo ama aad jirato?, u will not always find someone who is willing to help u ....

so my dear sister yeey dhalinyaranimada been idiin sheegin iyo quruxda aad hada leedihiin iyo gaalo iska doonka aan ku jirno waqtiga la joogo, u r not gonna be young forever even if u try to fightback the wrinkles ur brain won't fight it back or ur bonnes nor do ur health will do

salaam all