Sign in to follow this  
Wiilo

The Yankees The Red Soxs!

Wiilo   

The showdown in the East is set to begin tomorrow night in Yankees Stadium.

Red Sox-Yankees History:

Some of the highlights in the rivalry between the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees:

Jan. 3, 1920 -- Red Sox owner Harry Frazee sells Babe Ruth to the Yankees, two years after Ruth helped Boston win its last World Series title.

May 30, 1938 -- Red Sox player-manager Joe Cronin and New York outfielder Jake Powell fight on the field and beneath the stands before a Yankee Stadium record crowd of 83,533.

1941 -- Ted Williams bats .406 for the Red Sox, the last .400 season in the major leagues. But Joe DiMaggio's record 56-game hitting streak carries him past Williams for the AL MVP Award.

Oct. 1-2, 1949 -- An epic pennant race between the teams comes down to the last weekend of the season, when New York beats Boston at Yankee Stadium on the final two days to win the AL by one game.

May 24, 1952 -- Jimmy Piersall and New York's Billy Martin exchange punches in the tunnel beneath the stands at Fenway Park.

Aug. 1, 1973 -- Thurman Munson crashes into Boston's Carlton Fisk at home plate, sparking a brawl between the two catchers at Fenway Park.

Oct. 2, 1978 -- Light-hitting shortstop Bucky Dent's pop fly clears the Green Monster, sending the Yankees to a comeback victory in a one-game playoff for the AL East crown after they trailed Boston by 14 games on July 19.

Oct. 11, 2003 -- Yankees bench coach and former Red Sox manager Don Zimmer lunges at Martinez, who throws the 73-year-old coach to the ground during a brawl in Game 3 of the ALCS. Later in the game, New York reliever Jeff Nelson and right fielder Karim Garcia get into a fight with a Fenway Park groundskeeper.

Oct. 16, 2003 -- The Yankees rally to tie Game 7 of the ALCS after Red Sox manager Grady Little decides not to remove a tiring Martinez in the eighth inning. Slumping third baseman Aaron Boone homers off Tim Wakefield in the 11th to send the Yankees to the World Series.

Dec. 18, 2003 -- The Red Sox fail to complete a trade with Texas for star shortstop Alex Rodriguez after the players' union vetoes a proposal to restructure his record $252 million, 10-year contract.

Feb. 16, 2004 -- After Boone injures his left knee playing pickup basketball on Jan. 16, the Yankees trade Alfonso Soriano to Texas for Rodriguez, who is shifted to third base.

July 24, 2004 -- Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek and Rodriguez exchange heated words after A-Rod is hit by a pitch. Varitek shoves Rodriguez in the face, inciting a brawl at Fenway. It was at least the seventh time the teams have brawled in their long-running feud.

Wabillaahi Towfiiq:

Qac Qaac   

Wiilo the damn Red sox already lost 2 games to yankees. some teams can not beat some other teams no matter what.. they even lost with Padro and chilling pitching for them...

p.s. wiilo u must be the only somali girl who watches baseball..

Wiilo   

Yeb, beseball, basketball, Soccer, you named it, i watch any kind of sports, 'cause i used to play sports..........before i got old :D well that is not entirelly true, but.......laakin aa ku jirtaa

Go figure

Wiilo   

And u live in Silican Valley, wow..........well may be it is boring for u but not me, An American Tradition as they like to called it here.... :D

Go figure

yo if it wazznt for Wakefield i think las yr woulda been da Sox insteada da Marlins

i think i could throw da ball harder then him

i think boone was battin .100 or sumthin like dat

one word

dayum

now Schilling is down & out its gonna upto our bats to get us thru this

Wiilo   

Batters. U mean the Red Soxs batters.......wow, waite until we (Yankees) beat the crab out of them. They never learned every year it is gonna be like this for them........Lol

Go figure

Qac Qaac   

bachelor baseball is called america's favourite passive game, so get to the boat..

wiilo, damn how can u like the Yankees, unless u have crush on Jeter or A rod.. i don't get it loool. anyways i hope they loose again in the world series if red sox can't do it.. i am looking for another anaheim or florida marlins.. maybe st. louis this year.. love their power anyway.. Albert Pujols, Larry walker canadian.. damn they good, hope the mess up Yankees. and their long tradition.. cheap yankees buy everyone on the market.. they might as well buy ichiro and randy johnson for next year.. thank god they didn't get Vladimir Guerrero..

Wiilo   

Qacqaac saaxiib waan kuu jeedaa Qaraar aa ku haayo

"thank god they didn't get Vladimir Guerrero" Yeah when the cheap Canadians couldn't affort his salary they send to the Anaham, who obviously are not in the Playoffs now. Unlike other owners, the Yankees are owned by a man who can buy any player he wants, and is willing to pay a lot of money on his ballclub. His Yankees are very successful team unlike the Damn Red Soxs, who are adapted loosing to the Successful Yankees team every year.

so please bro, don't get too excited this year or years to come for the Red Soxs, 'cause evey year is gonna be the same..........Lol :D

P.S. I don't have a crush on anyone in that team.

Go figure

Wiilo   

Qacqaac, were u watching the game tonight, wow, it was great game, at least to the Yankees funs. I told you the Red Soxs is gonna lose, and this time there is a 100% chance that there will be an SWEAP by the (My) Yankees to the Red Soxs. Sxb it is just a game, and not only a game but very specail game, 'cause it is an SWEAP. U know what? It will be the Yankees and eather St.Lauise or Houston, so enjoy the World Series live from the Yankees Stedium. Qacqaac................thanks for watching the game...........And the Yankees WIN the World Series............. :D:D

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/

Go figure

wiilo, damn how can u like the Yankees, unless u have crush on Jeter or A rod.. i don't get it loool.

Did anyone ask you to get anything???

Just because she is a girl, she has to have a crush on someone to be a yankee fan???

Sometimes I wonder if your views are as black and white as your blank remarks.

How do you function in the real world, nin yahow??

Back to Wiilo, I am not a baseball fan, only because their season is very long and not to mention boring...but I tune in during playoffs, its much interesting than their regular season.

I am actually watching the sox and yankee's as we speak, sox fighting hard to win this game.

In any case, baseball is boring but nevertheless interesting in a very strange way.

How do you function in the real world, nin yahow??

Lazy U DO NOT WANT TO KNOW, TRUST ME :D

willo did u see that 19 runs debacle? and their main starting weeping! how sad!

where is mr T when you need him

( i Pity the fool, i pity the fool who faces the YAnkees)

Wiilo   

First thanks LazyZieGirl, tell them girl like it is, and second, i was watching the game last night, we were expacting an sweap or one game win from them, it is good for their Fans to see them win one game. Did u see the fans faces and reactions last night, wow, they were so davastaded/shocked, but when the Red Soxs won the game, they went home happy, and u know what? That is good for business, you created rivalry and u sell so many tickets, and is good for beseball (is one way of making money). We will see tonight who wins (The Yankees Parhaps)

I will see u in the World Series guys...... :D

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Who is the Yankees' MVP for 2004?

Tom Gordon

Derek Jeter

Hideki Matsui

Mariano Rivera

Gary Sheffield

Go figure