Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Weapons

Nephissa   

I live the rough side of the city :D .

It's illegal,if an officer feels you have it with the intent to use it as a weapon. Thats why I have my razor, and keep two table leg in my trunk. They got some nasty screws coming out of em. No one better f-ck with me. :D

I stay away from knives and bats. There's probably a better chance of them being used against me when I miss my first swing. Not good.

The elbow can be a useful weapon too, what are the odds that you'll find the strength to use it when the shit hits the fan?

^about as bad as using a razor? Dunno. I remember the self-defence classes I took a lifetime ago. The teacher was a martial arts addict so he taught a little bit of everything. I tried in vain to learn 'the squeeze the thumb joint' move or whatever it was called but couldn't master it. Let's see what I remember, do enough to gain time or space, don't try this at home:

---collar bone is easy to break so try and do that with a karate chop

---nose is another good bone, use forehead or elbow

--slap the ears hard with your palms, good for breaking the ear drums

--stick fingers into eyes, tear those babies out

--crush the toes with a big stomp

--what else

--the usual suspects, use the knee(this should probably be first port of call)

--any of the above can have a person doubled over, that's when u take them off their feet, kick at the shins or grab by the back of the neck and push

--run

Oh yeah, scream all the way through it.

I never walk alone in the dark. Ever. Doesn't matter if it happens to be 8 pm or 12 pm. Watched too many crime shows to risk it.

Yeah - cellphone always comes in handy. Which reminds me...is it worth it? Also mase and a small swiss army knife & ur all set. Oh yeah...camera too. Evidence.

B00004YVBA.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

J.Lee   

^Get a video phone. It's better. After it serves its purpose (as evidence)you can sell it to your local news network or on Ebay.

Lool@Sheh. Interesting.

Ah. I haven't carried a razor blade since my sophomore year of H.S: We used to carry the blades in our mouths though. Weird but very safe.

I don't keep any weapons in my car; I'm scared of being pulled over for speeding and getting fined for carrying dangerous and potentially harmful objects.

Nephissa   

^ Blade in your mouth? You'r one gaangiistarad chickita.

LMAO @ Sheh. Thank you so much for those tips. That'll make you sweat, likely break a nail, and definitely ruin your mascara. Not good, not good.

Hope I never have to use them. :D

The most difficult part of learning to defend yourself is to be willing to hit someone with the intent to hurt them badly. Busting someone's nose with your head is excellent advice.

My advice:

Get your hand free when you can and punch him in the throat (the adams apple)..and as hard as you can.

Then run like he*l away. Maybe grab a phone when you are a safe distance away and/or in the vicinity of other folks and call an ambulance for the guy.

*shrugs*

He's going to need one bad.

If the guy has died, you probably get off. You stopped the threat to you, and that is so..allowed.

Fuc*er shouldn't have grabbed you anyways; it could be "him"..or "you".

Rather funny but effective. :D

I tell you I was riveted when that man showed us his moves. Some of them were so orchestrated I can't remember them anymore. OK, more..

--if grabbed by the neck, don't bother wrestling with attacker's arms, grab his thumbs and pull down and outwards, then sanka qow kaga sii.

--elbow to the chin in an upward motion will stun him, a karate chop to the back of the neck in a downward motion will complete the move

--if an outstreched arm grabs yours, karate chop the soft part where the elbow folds, his arm will limpen(is this a word?), hit his nose or mouth with the heel of your hand. Or punch, if punching, fold the thumb close and tight to the fist, tighten your arm muscles and punch from the centre of your being.

--scream the neighbourhood down and say 'Fire!' cause ain't nobody giving a sh*t about a 'Help'

--if u're being followed and worried, get a good look at his face and make sure he sees u doing that. They don't like getting caught and being identified, go figure! Don't bother knocking on doors for help(would u answer the door to a madwoman?) Set off the car alarms and walk along the road facing oncoming traffic, flag somebody down, but don't get in the car with them lool.

Generally walk purposefully, be aware of your surroundings, forget using the mobile and ambling along. If u have an umbrella, keep it in your hand- and be prepared to cause pain.

Failing which, call ME. :cool:

Something about a roundhouse(?) kick coming back to me too...and a sequence of punches, on the face, sternum followed by the groin. It all ends in the groin.

I'd probably add a 'tuff' too.

Happy defending.

hodman   

^^ Bismillah Sheh am scared of you now. How do you know all this stuff? Hope you can use them under pressure even though I hope you never have to. I am one of those people who would freeze up and be unable to move let alone run or scream.

Nephissa   

^ I'd encourage you to take a course in self-defense. Sheh's advice is good. Try to go for the eyes, nose, a good whack in the throat is good too. These options are only if escape is not possible. Always try to run, never try to fight first. And if you must fight to live, then try to kill that mofo.

hodman   

^ Sound advice sxb especially in the kind of messed up neighborhood that I live in. I still can't see myself taking a karate class though. Maybe I need to put on of those kalxawaash that is made of bir and get him on the nose

Som@li   

Bishinta, the ultimate self defense, the world's smallest hand gun, would do for you, instead of blade, BTW it can be concealed anywhere,lol so may try this...............

MVC-014F.jpg

MVC-007F.jpg

Source

Jamilah   

Originally posted by ScarFace:

quote:Originally posted by Bishitta:

She keeps a bat in hers.

A bat what would she do with a bat...swing thats hilarious i never knew you gurls have weapons your cars....Bishita got razor blade.....must be due 2 to many farahs chasing you's lot ...
:D

I keep my AK-47 close by..... :cool: :cool: <-------SERIOUSLY HEARD OF SOMALI DUDE WHO HAD AK-47 IN BMW....crazy

Scarface,

I dont blame the brother. If I had a BMW I too would carry an AK-47 :D

Hodman, you sound like the perfect target for an attacker. Freezing is what they want to see in a victim. No attacker however experienced wants a fighter on his hands. If u think u're a victim u'll react like one and make his life easier for him.

The first priority is escape; if he has a hold of u, u break and show no mercy, then u run.

Remember your attacker is still human, a nose is a nose even on an attacker, smash it:

palm1b_small.jpg

Go for any of the other weak spots. Tighten muscles, bend knees and give it everything u have. The first move will be the most effective, make it worthwhile.

They say what works against women is their up-bringing, if they have been brought up to keep their voices down they are less likely to shout out and be undignified. Yes, even in these circumstances. The attacker has the advantage of surprise on his side, and his dream would come true if u're quiet and submissive.

There's no point getting squeamish about it, it's either you or him. Choose. Choose mentally NOW.