Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Maybe United Somalia was never meant to be!

RedSea   

Inader dee naga daaya. You don't hear other people saying that they don't exist as we constantly do. Problems do occur, you just need to tackle them or envision ways to do that, rather than constant oohin 'we are lost, we don't exist anymore'.

me   

I am just waiting for geel_jires12's reply after that a$$whooping from MMA.

Fabregas   

M.M.I, simple reality is that the current borders of Somalia, Djibouti and others were designed by the colonialists. The current Somalia and Somaliland are based on colonial borders no?This is a simple piece of history. Also i didn't suggest that Italians invented the word Somalia nor did i suggest that Somalis never had a political system before the colonialists. This was your interpretation and thus you went of on a tangent. I went further than that when i said the Somalis had economic, political and religous ties with other Muslim sultantes, during the time of the Zwahili civilization and also during the time of Imam Ahmad Gurey. Your assertation that Zwahilis did not have cities/apart from the arrival of Cumaanis in the late seventhent century is somewhat erroneous and disrespecful to those people. I will add more inshallah later.

Fanisha   

Originally posted by Violet:

What does it mean to be "Somali"? I mean, it's not like we share a common ancestor, so is a Somali anyone who speaks af-Soomaali? :confused:

Why should Somalis unite..based on what exactly? The fact that we share a language? Come on, religion is the best of unifiers and we could never (and still can't) get along, so what makes you think Somalis will ever unite? I think the people in DJ,NFD and Zone-5 are better off not joining Somalia and to my knowledge most of them don't want to join Somalia anyway.
smile.gif

loooool.

Dabo-dhilif or secessionist mafioso? Can't make up your mind? :D

Ebyan   

^ No. I just think people who want to leave the union should be allowed to do so. Got a problem with that? :confused:

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

It is saddening to see the present situation in Somalia. Genocides, femines and wars have haunted us for ages and things don't seem to be getting any better. Our history is filled with tribal wars and never dying hate. The only time we ever did something constructive are moments when we are being besieged by the outside world. Somalia was never one united state and the way it looks, it will never be one. A decade has gone by since the civil war broke out and the dream of peaceful Somalia let alone United State is distant one. I think it is about time we somalis should admit to ourselves that we can't share anything in life. We have same physical traits, religion and common language however it seems our homogenity is curse all in itself. Talks after talks have gone by and no concrete results ever comes out of them. Iam not pessemistic person but iam begining to think Somalia is better off as divided country. Let every ethnic group with sizeable landmass and significant population have its independence and lets hope these ministates could self-sufficient vialable states.Hopefully we could be peaceful neighbors.

Good observation Che ,,,,,, That is why Somaliland is trying to do ,,, and if the situation in the south continues then Puntland might take the same path. Better to be good neighbours than loosing lives every single day.

We still havent given up hope of Somalia back on its feet. So make sure your seat belt is seculery fastened coz we are now going thru the most grimmest period of History Somalia so dont lose hope and pray and pray. We are also fast approaching to terminal Hope. as the name of the terminal, HOPE is on the horizon, so lets come together and pray. Somalia waxa haysta carro Alle ee Allaah haloo noqdo.

Somalis have been praying for 16 years and still the situation is the same ,,,,,, Allah won't change people until they change themselves ,,,, United Somalia is lost for good but we gotta save what is remaining.