Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

The biggest set up: Is this new war to destroy Somalia??

I'm absolutely convinced that there are much powerful forces than warlords and ethiopians in this game. Whoever lies behind it the intentions are to perpetuate the anarchy status in Somalia.

Yeniceri   

Originally posted by Kashanre:

Fact is the fight in the beginning was a war between the Islamic Courts and the warlords including their south Muqdisho financers. This was not a tribal war nor was it a tribally motivated war.

Pardon my interruption, sxb, but are you sure about that?

"Ilaa 30 baabuur oo kuwa dagaalka ah oo soo gaaray magaalada Baraawe" - Shabelle News (Feb 22, 2006)

^ Explain that, fadlan, taking into full account the timing.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Kashanre:

Fact is
the fight in the beginning
was a war between the Islamic Courts and the warlords including their south Muqdisho financers. This was not a tribal war nor was it a tribally motivated war.

There is the explanation.

Like I've said sxb:

The fight is just starting to turn tribal because most of the composition of the court's militias are of one clan. You know it and I know it. The fight was not tribal nor tribally motivated, and if partially turns that way now then that is because of most of the composition of the court's militias who most likely to recieve the largest shares of the death on the court's side.
Hiil iyo hoob qabaa'il wee ka heli doonaan and I am sure they have already gotten some support, but I do not doubt for a second those same wadaads of Maxkamadaha Islaamiga, who went to war various times against warlords of their own constituency, will also stand against tribally motivated hijack of the court's agenda.

Gudoomiyaha midowga Maxaakiimta islaamiga ee magaalada Muqdisho Sheekh Shariif Sheekh Axmed oo u waramay Shabelle ayaa sheegay in ay ka soo horjeedaan in dagaalka loo weeciyo hab qabiil, isagoo sheegay in maxkamaduhu ay ku mideysan yihiin dagaalka ay kula jiraan waxa uu ku tilmaamay niman raacay sida uu yiri Shayaadiin.

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by Tolstoy:

Dear Mr. Xoogsade

Fourthly
, it's becaming apparent on a day-by-day basis, the sheer political failure of the folks in Mugadisho; at least in the sense of their inability of reading the
tea-leaves
of Somalia's political equation; and furthermore, it seems that such self-inflicted communal failure knows no bound of ending; given that ever since,
Mr. Ali Mahdi
and
Gen. Aideed
were on the scene in Mugadisho in early
1990s
nothing of substance has change in-terms of the intellectual growth that is required, if one wanted it to understand the intricate dance of Somalia's
Tribally-Determined
political equations.

Tolstoy

Thanks Tolstoy for your analyis. These communities took tribal warfare and hatemongering to the highest summit. Every clan, subclan, sub sub clan, large family organs wanted to rule and be at the top in that single town. With the sheer number of people, with the diverse clans converged in the town who seemed to have no common objectives, unity became a lost concept. Consequently, wars followed one after another with new thugs coming into the scene when one of them dies or resigns as you pointed out.

Saxib, in regions and somali towns where you have one community with immidiate common ancestry, and who are very closely related, whose tribal leaders are respected and are listened to, people benefitted and at least attained stability by referring to these tribal leaders. Even when A/Y resorted to violence in his Puntland adminstration days, the elders came to the rescue and stopped any downward spiral. Their communities respected their elder's mediation and peace followed despite what people thought of A/Y. By comparison, Muqdisho residents couldn't get few men to come together and agree on one single peace initiative untill it was too late.

So, it has fallen on the religious personalities and those who would listen to them to address the issues that were vital and to give battered and bloodied people some hope. The somali NGOs, The hospitals(some), the schools, The private banks, all important businesses are in the hands of the religious communities. While the likes of Qanyare are busy farming drugs and stealing from the weak, thriving on the mayhem, killing anyone they disagreed with, these religious members of that community are busy building what is destroyed from the bottom up. It comes natural for people to like them and support them even if they disagree with their ultimate goal of ushering in an islamic government. They themselves are in a learning process in a society where islam seems to be good only for ceremonials. They made mistakes in the past. And I don't think their immidiate ambition is to form a somali islamic government although that may be their stated objective in the long run. They in fact supported whatever somalis chose to as a government including A/Y's adminstration. Thanks to these noble men, Muqdisho bounced back.

Given complete stability, saxib, Muqdisho will boast of and remain the best. It is an econimic powerhouse and has good schools. I can tell you any wise person knows that a somali government is just a powder-cake waiting to be ignited always and a recipe for dispute/disaster and wars consdering the men who are its leaders, and who still believe government is prestige and reflects good on the tribe who is related to the man who rules the country. It is nice if Reer Muqdisho get their bas-tards adopted by A/Y'S government and they stay where the government is seated far away from the town. The days when government was everything are gone and people know how to live without relying on it for everything. There is free market that will flourish if unhindered by the usual suspects and the so called government officials. It seems to me, all we need for government is the protection of the borders, producing a respectable police force and maintaining a presence in international diplomatic circles.

Baydhabo or any other somali town is good to host the transitional government. People who live in Xamar won't lose a thing as many who advocated the abandonement of that town think. It is in no way a punishment. A/Y's government won't stay forever and is a means to a more stable government. If Muqdisho happens to find the only thing that is missing, which is a central authority all clans respect, there will be no excuse for the next government to go somewhere else although I think a clanish mentality will always find an objection to anything good coming from that town.

Sideedaba intuu xukun jacayl jiro, dowlad fiican ma jiri doonto. Ilaa laga wada cararo dowlad oo la isku baryo instead of fighting over it, Somalis will experience from time to time instability.

Finally, if there is an intellect lacking in reer Muqdisho, I can tell you such weakness is not confined to them but is prevalent in all other somali segments. Somali intellect goes as high as 4.5 formula. And We know your folks have gone too far enamoured with themselves calling for a somaliland Country just because they don't foresee sharing a government with the rest and being ruled by a southerner :D:D Marka, saxib, Cudurkaan qabiil caabudka waa laga siman yahay laakiin reer muqdisho iyaga wanaag in yar ah xataa waa u keeni waayay. Islam is their future. Dowlad waxaa loo dhaafay haraadigii dowladdii hore oo bartay waxay dhacaan oo cunaan iyo dadkii la dagaallamay oo kun jeer ka xun oo weli soo indha cad meel walbana xukuma ama rabo inay xukumaan. There is no place for intellectuals and intellectualism in somali politics, the more ruthless tribalist bigot one is, the more demogoguery one engages in, the more prominent one becomes. These warlords including A/Y(listen to his impassioned tribal appeal to his kinsmen in the days of CARTA gov) came to prominence appealing to the ignorant masses. Saxib, dadkaan dad dhunsan waaye gebi ahaan ee ilaahay hasoo hanuuniyo. Wax yaraa la isdhaamaa oo aan macno ku fadhinin.